Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Loading on the car was 50G, but a (new this year) whiplash sensor in his ear piece registerd 93G. Some surviving accidents have been calculated to have been higher G load. Notably David Purley's near death 1977 silverstone crash, about 108mph to zero in 26inches (about 170G) but loadings transmitted directly to the head are not as well noted.

Dan Wheldon's Las Vegas crash into a catch fence pole had some very high ear piece load sensor G numbers -250G Lonitudinal, -200G vertical and 110G right motion.

Bianchi's 93G maybe survivable but you have to ask at what cost?

Wow how unlucky is david purley survives that then dies in plane crash . Seems he survived though because most of the damage was to his legs and ribs ,had it been his head probably a different story same with kenny brack . I thinking jules bianchi would be a better pick for 2015 at this point than schumacher .

• Like 1

Loading on the car was 50G, but a (new this year) whiplash sensor in his ear piece registerd 93G. Some surviving accidents have been calculated to have been higher G load. Notably David Purley's near death 1977 silverstone crash, about 108mph to zero in 26inches (about 170G) but loadings transmitted directly to the head are not as well noted.

Dan Wheldon's Las Vegas crash into a catch fence pole had some very high ear piece load sensor G numbers -250G Lonitudinal, -200G vertical and 110G right motion.

Bianchi's 93G maybe survivable but you have to ask at what cost?

Wow how unlucky is david purley survives that then dies in plane crash . Seems he survived though because most of the damage was to his legs and ribs ,had it been his head probably a different story same with kenny brack . I thinking jules bianchi would be a better pick for 2015 at this point than schumacher .

Not so sure either is a good 2015 pick. If Bianchi is breathing then he's probs a persistent, vegitative hard to call job. If he's going to die as a direct result of the accident it's more likely to be this year. Beyond that, like Sharon, there are medical complications about being in a coma, but he's 25 and very fit at the point he was injured.

Formula 1 mechanic Nigel Stepney who was at the centre of the spygate scandal in 2007 was killed in a car crash today http://www.autosport...t.php/id/113739

Despite the indications of suicide (high viz jacket in his locked van, wandered into traffic and gave the oncoming lorry driver no chance to avoid him), an open verdict was returned.

Guest Souwenier

Not showing huge improvement, by the sounds. Might be a good bet for 2015

I don't think huge improvements were expected by any of his physicians at this point. I guess he's basically a vegetable at this point. But if he lives to see 2015, he might be kept alive for years if they want to - it's all up to his family. They might lose hope and request the removal of his feeding tubes/ventillation, but it could take years before they let him go.

He's in a similar condition to Prince Friso, though, so there's a chance he may not go on for years

Not showing huge improvement, by the sounds. Might be a good bet for 2015

Sir Frank is also in hospital but it seems to be fairly routine surgery: http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/29855696

If he makes our grid he might well stay true to form and trundle round as a back marker with no chance of scoring points. Stable then might mean his family don't want to cut off care and he's capable of staying as stable as - say - Ariel Sharon.

Guest Souwenier

He's in a similar condition to Prince Friso, though, so there's a chance he may not go on for years

Yeah, I would lie if I said I'm fully aware of the extent of his injuries (other than that he had diffuse axonal injury), or any official (as of yet, undisclosed) prognosis. He might be a Prince Friso or a Terry Schiavo/Ariel Sharon/Sunny von Bülow, lingering on without any cognitive functions for years.

I don't envisage him having a quiet, peaceful retirement from the age of 70, but I wouldn't give more than 5% chance to the likelihood of him dying next year (and not before or after). That might still justify his inclusion in next year's list, given his "freshness", his youth and established (minor) celebrity status, but wouldn't hold my breath till he expires...

Yeah and he's also been transferred back to his native France, so maybe the all-permeating stench of cow manure will rouse him out of his coma.

Also why wasn't this good development covered more on the news? They were all over it when they thought he was gonna croak. Fuckin' TV weirdos.

• Like 2

Described as "one of Britain’s greatest unsung racing car builders", the founder of British racing car company Lister Cars, Brian Lister, has died aged 88.

The rights to Lister's designs were acquired by 'Warrentywise' last year with building of new cars to those designs beginning this year.

:( First theme team hit, though

Makes Jackie Stewart the last surviving BRM F1 race winner, I believe

Jean-Pierre Beltoise, Grand Prix race winner, died this morning. He was 77.

Being reported he had two strokes.......

Gotta love those opportunistic winners,unless I'm misrecalling that was one of the rain-affected Monaco races and ended up being his only win.

Polish rider Michal Hernik has been found dead during the third stage of the Dakar Rally. No obvious sign of an accident.

Not sure what to do with this story but ignoring it 'twould be criminal.

Speaking of criminal, NASCAR driver Kurt Busch says his ex is a trained assassin who has killed drug kingpins!

So it's a fringe celebrity and racing. Apologies for not having a proper location for this gem.

Sir C

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/motor/2015/01/14/kurt-busch-girlfriend-assassin-nascar/21749131/

More a reminder than new information but...

Quite a few obitable and aged British F1 types continue to breathe, like:

Chris Irwin - few F1 drives and serious career ending accident in late sixties - may be one of the more obscure.

Vic Elford and Jackie Oliver are also around.

Not sure what to do with this story but ignoring it 'twould be criminal.

Speaking of criminal, NASCAR driver Kurt Busch says his ex is a trained assassin who has killed drug kingpins!

So it's a fringe celebrity and racing. Apologies for not having a proper location for this gem.

Sir C

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/motor/2015/01/14/kurt-busch-girlfriend-assassin-nascar/21749131/

You didn't read my PM. http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1552&page=3&hl=nascar#entry53140 :)

Thanks for that Pedro - there goes my joker. Makes up nicely for a blank scorecard last year...

I just saw a documentary (on Dutch telly) about Dutch F1 driver Jan Lammers.

jan_lammers.jpg

Doesn't look bad for a 58 y/o.

That documentary is in Dutch of course, but should you want to see it: it's online. I don't know how long it'll stay.

regards,

Hein

'Iconic' F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge, has died aged 73.

He designed cars for Ligier Lotus & Matra.