Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

So, who saw this coming... fatality in a pram race: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-38495281

The organiser of the race no less, might be difficult to conduct the health and safety enquiry into this one's meeting with the organiser.

Funnily enough, when I was watching the Red Bull Soapbox Racing with my children over Christmas, I thought the safety measures were a bit lax, with competitors hurtling downhill, completely out of control and without any protective headgear. I don't think a fatality in this competition is completely out of the question.

Incidentally, the programme was on a channel called 'Dave'.

• Like 1

The guy doesn't appear to ge wearing protective headgear. Nothhing is ever risk free, but I would have thought that head protection would be compulsory, especially in these days when if there is blame there is a claim.

So, who saw this coming... fatality in a pram race: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-38495281

The organiser of the race no less, might be difficult to conduct the health and safety enquiry into this one's meeting with the organiser.

Funnily enough, when I was watching the Red Bull Soapbox Racing with my children over Christmas, I thought the safety measures were a bit lax, with competitors hurtling downhill, completely out of control and without any protective headgear. I don't think a fatality in this competition is completely out of the question.

I saw these programmes over Christmas and had a very similar conversation with the old man. Very surprised at the lack of health and safety measures.

I saw these programmes over Christmas and had a very similar conversation with the old man. Very surprised at the lack of health and safety measures.

Aye, so they're going the way of airshows then - like to re-emerge as a shadow of their former selves.

Im not sure how much Health and Safety you can force onto grown ups hooning down hills in a Go Kart.

Anti lock brakes? Crash Helmets? Man walking infront carrying a red flag?

More people will die racing Cars and Motorbikes, and they do have stringent Health and Safety regimes, than will die racing Go Karts that looks like a Hospital beds or WW2 Churchill Tanks or summat.

• Like 1

87 year old and highly obitable Stirling Moss taking his time to recover from a chest infection in Singapore

Thought I might, like, mention that fact

87 year old and highly obitable Stirling Moss taking his time to recover from a chest infection in Singapore

Thought I might, like, mention that fact

9 teams punted on him in the DDP.

Maybe we'll find out how "obitable" you are if you keep using such an annoying word to describe someone everyone and their grandaughter has heard of

Maybe we'll find out how "obitable" you are if you keep using such an annoying word to describe someone everyone and their grandaughter has heard of

You've got peer reviewed evidence stating what percentage of grandaughters are familiar with a man who last competed in an F1 championship counting race in 1961, right?

• Like 3

Yes.

Four hours later, we're still waiting...like; you've taken into account key variables, right.

So "grandaughers are those with at least one surviving grandparent meaning - statistically speaking - babies are much more plentiful amongst them than anyone middle aged who might - just - recall Moss getting behind the wheel to compete.

Obviously, if he's that popular amongst youngsters he could - like - fill the yawning vacuum for kids telly that's been left begging by Rolf's current indisposition.

One stage into the World Rally Championship the Monte Carlo event delivered the first spectator death of the year.

A few online news sources thoughtfully got into the action and showed it - albeit it's not very clear

Link: https://www.rt.com/sport/374346-spectator-killed-monte-carlo-rally/

• Like 1

Bernie Ecclestone removed as Liberty Media completes $8bn takeover

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38723001

Poor Bernie, being forced into retirement after 40 years as the top dog.

Let's hope is health drops down a few gears.

Bernie Ecclestone removed as Liberty Media completes $8bn takeover

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38723001

Poor Bernie, being forced into retirement after 40 years as the top dog.

Let's hope is health drops down a few gears.

I'm sure the size of payoff he will have got will keep him going

Given many of his contemporaries longevity, he got to a fair age.

16 minutes ago, msc said:

Given many of his contemporaries longevity, he got to a fair age.

Stirling Moss is older.