Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Mr Octopus of Odstock. I wish you could update your list of which F1 drivers are in bad health and might die soon I saw you made a small list on page 57 about the F1 drivers health and what illness or condition they have and I thought that was a great list. Can you do an update on that list and maybe also do a different one with NASCAR guys since most of us dont know NASCAR drivers health? I do know Fred Lorenzen has dementia but thats about it for NASCAR drivers.

I'm not into NASCAR at all, I'm afraid. I've only heard of the really famous ones who all seem well.

Bear in mind that I get given information confidentially so I've been deliberately vague here. It's F1, Indy and F3000. OC is % of UK obit. Problem - C is the big C, H/A is obvious, S is what rowers do, Fr is Anna from Brookside, P is Cecil, Alc is AA, V is to do with the mind of some sorts and ARI is "old and ill".

• Colombo
  • C
  • Cabral
  • ARI
  • van Conett
  • HA  
  • Pairetti
  • HA/S
  • Angellelli
  • C
  • Jassaud
  • ARI
  • McRae
  • V
  • Rooyen
  • C
  • Ashmore 
  • C
  • Campbell Jones
  • Fr
  • Craft
  • C
  • Till
  • C
  • Paul Jr.
  • P 
  • Pescarolo
  • S
  • Vaccarella
  • ARI
  • Fittipaldi
  • P
  • McAlpine
  • ARI/V
  • Posey
  • P
  • Edwards
  • ARI
  • Bondurant
  • ARI
  • Unser Jr.
  • Alc
  • Reutemann
  • Fr
  • Laffite
  • P
  • Tambay
  • P
  • Moss
  • ARI/V

Oof lot of good guys there although I expected Stirling Moss and McAlpine would be there. I imagine this Fittipaldi has to be Christian or Wilson because Emerson's surely gonna get a 100 percent UK obit.  Jacques Laffite though seems to be actually doing ok in recent pictures.

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

That'll be this fashion-designing Minx, then

She maybe took it for research purposes!

article-1192169-054B36A4000005DC-47_235x

22 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-isle-of-man-51918501

There’ll be no deaths at this year’s TT, as it’s been cancelled.

In fact the whole year’s international bike racing calendar is fucked now, I am not happy about this. 

Also Cookstown 100, Tandragee 100 and North West 200 cancelled so far.

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-isle-of-man-51918501

There’ll be no deaths at this year’s TT, as it’s been cancelled.

In fact the whole year’s international bike racing calendar is fucked now, I am not happy about this. 

I'm not happy either - my DDP joker is someone who had a crash at the TT last year!

4 Time Formula 2 world champion, 7 time TT winner, 2 time 350cc Grand Prix winner and father of Michael (TT ,World Superbike and Grand Prix) Tony Rutter dead after "a short illness".

On 14/03/2020 at 21:37, Octopus of Odstock said:

I'm not into NASCAR at all, I'm afraid. I've only heard of the really famous ones who all seem well.

Bear in mind that I get given information confidentially so I've been deliberately vague here. It's F1, Indy and F3000. OC is % of UK obit. Problem - C is the big C, H/A is obvious, S is what rowers do, Fr is Anna from Brookside, P is Cecil, Alc is AA, V is to do with the mind of some sorts and ARI is "old and ill".

• Colombo
  • C
  • Cabral
  • ARI
  • van Conett
  • HA  
  • Pairetti
  • HA/S
  • Angellelli
  • C
  • Jassaud
  • ARI
  • McRae
  • V
  • Rooyen
  • C
  • Ashmore 
  • C
  • Campbell Jones
  • Fr

John Campbell Jones died on Tuesday. I understand Autosport will print an obit in due course. 

3 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Saw this on a Twitter earlier and seems to have sparked a debate on ageing + parenting. 

I think it’s totally wrong. Even if Bernie lives to be 100, the child will be minus one parent by the time he’s 10/11. I just think that when you can avoid these scenarios, it’s best to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Saw this on a Twitter earlier and seems to have sparked a debate on ageing + parenting. 

I think it’s totally wrong. Even if Bernie lives to be 100, the child will be minus one parent by the time he’s 10/11. I just think that when you can avoid these scenarios, it’s best to.

Also his siblings are old enough to be his parents. Then there is a case you will be an uncle or great uncle etc to possibly someone same age as you. It's all rather complicated and may feel like a lonely childhood to come.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'd go a step further than you.

Anyone  over the age of 65 should be permanently castrated. The odds are too against them.

He's a selfish cunt with no regard for the kid he's bringing into the world.  That poor sod will spend most of it's life growing up without a father because he's a selfish tosspot who couldn't pick up the number for the condom store/abortion clinic. Unless he puts it up for adoption to a younger family - which is the only sensible option here if he keeps it. 

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

I'd go a step further than you.

Anyone  over the age of 65 should be permanently castrated. The odds are too against them.

He's a selfish cunt with no regard for the kid he's bringing into the world.  That poor sod will spend most of it's life growing up without a father because he's a selfish tosspot who couldn't pick up the number for the condom store/abortion clinic. Unless he puts it up for adoption to a younger family - which is the only sensible option here if he keeps it. 

I think these celebrity stories skew the reality quite a bit though. 

I'm not medical expert but aren't fertility rates in men over 60/65 normally very low in most circumstances? This is one of these things I've always wondered yet having just Googled it, I can't find a very concrete answer. Aren't most men shooting blanks by the time they're into their 40s?

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I think these celebrity stories skew the reality quite a bit though. 

I'm not medical expert but aren't fertility rates in men over 60/65 normally very low in most circumstances? This is one of these things I've always wondered yet having just Googled it, I can't find a very concrete answer. Aren't most men shooting blanks by the time they're into their 40s?

A 1-2% decrease in fertility per year from about the age of 40...

So you could still be shooting winners in your 70s and 80s if your lucky. 

You could sperm screen everyone through there GPs and castrate the ones who were still winning as a condition of claiming your pensions to stop morons like Bernie whatshisface though.... 

I suspect the mothers are the ones mostly to blame in these cases.  They will be the ones wanting to have a child, and where there's a lot of money involved, that child will be their pension fund.

With an older parent there is also higher chance of them having downs or being autistic etc. Unless it really was planned and they made sure the fetus didn't have certain medical conditions etc.

3 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

With an older parent there is also higher chance of them having downs or being autistic etc. Unless it really was planned and they made sure the fetus didn't have certain medical conditions etc.

Oh yes because we shouldn't bring downs or autistic people in to the world?

Have you been to dinner with Dominic Cummings and Joseph Stalin?

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

Oh yes because we shouldn't bring downs or autistic people in to the world?

Have you been to dinner with Dominic Cummings and Joseph Stalin?

I never mentioned that?

Also pretty sure it would be hard to have dinner with Stalin unless you had access to a time machine.

Just now, ladyfiona said:

I never mentioned that?

Also pretty sure it would be hard to have dinner with Stalin unless you had access to a time machine.

The insinuation of your post was pretty clear, however much you want to back-pedal it.

And it's fucking disgusting.

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

The insinuation of your post was pretty clear, however much you want to back-pedal it.

And it's fucking disgusting.

My nephew has Down's. My uncle and aunt absolutely love him to bits and generally speaking there's little he can't join in on, but at the same time, people with Down's syndrome have higher instances of suffering from many physical conditions that often affect their lives greatly. It should be down to the parents whether they choose to proceed with the pregnancy or not.

This is a controversial topic of course but ladyfiona isn't saying something that a lot of scientists and doctors necessarily disagree with. Professor Richard Dawkins, for example, doesn't believe people should proceed with the birth of a Down's baby. There are legitimate reasons for holding that view. Unless you believe that abortion should be illegal, period?

JFC i'm going to log out because it's clear looking on your post history tonight you have a chip on your shoulder and want me to have an argument with you. And if we want to set the record straight, I myself am borderline autistic but won't go into my medical history. Also my mother's close friend has a son with aspergers who i've known for over 20 years and have no issues with anyone on that spectrum.

I was literally quoting what multiple of researchers have said.

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

9 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I was literally quoting what multiple of researchers have said.

9 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Not worth it

• Facepalm 1