Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Also his siblings are old enough to be his parents. Then there is a case you will be an uncle or great uncle etc to possibly someone same age as you. It's all rather complicated and may feel like a lonely childhood to come.

At least one of them is old enough to be his grandmother, his eldest sister will be 65. My own dad was a GREAT-grandad at 61.

53 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

With an older parent there is also higher chance of them having downs or being autistic etc. Unless it really was planned and they made sure the fetus didn't have certain medical conditions etc.

Aye, and this poor kid already has a slap-headed dwarf with a daft wig for a dad. 

You'd feel sorry but for the billions in the family account

• Like 1

Clearly this is about making sure the Brazilian wife gets a good share of the inheritance. But it has to be said the chances that Bernie is really the father must be pretty small.

As somebody on this forum with one of those mentioned conditions I will just say this. Whoever said that we should be terminated you are a fucking asshole. My life has been awesome and I wont change it for anything. We can live fulfilling lives,have jobs,have sex,get married and even have kids. Even the worst affected can live fulfilling lives with good support. Somebody I know with cerebral palsy for example is non verbal and uses one of those computer voice things for communication and he is one of the coolest guys I know and he enjoys his life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

As somebody on this forum with one of those mentioned conditions I will just say this. Whoever said that we should be terminated you are a fucking asshole. My life has been awesome and I wont change it for anything. We can live fulfilling lives,have jobs,have sex,get married and even have kids. Even the worst affected can live fulfilling lives with good support. Somebody I know with cerebral palsy for example is non verbal and uses one of those computer voice things for communication and he is one of the coolest guys I know and he enjoys his life.

Nobody said that.

What Lady Fiona said was:

With an older parent there is also higher chance of them having downs or being autistic etc. Unless it really was planned and they made sure the fetus didn't have certain medical conditions etc.

She was merely speculating that those particular people may have had such thoughts.  She didn't say that they should have, or that it was OK.

Stop with the straw man arguments, please.

• Like 2

Yeah basically I was speculating with a tin hat, was that they could have not done things naturally and used something like IVF or whatever. I have a schoolfriend whose son already has a genetic condition which both parents are carriers of, and so for their next child they went through a more scientific route so their next one won't have the same condition. My intentions were not to discuss abortion but to discuss how celebs like perfect babies basically, especially when the father is nearly 90.

But that apparently went over someone's head and was not about to discuss it with them when they were aready on a rampage around the forum.

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The wife is 44 so odds are its IVF.

Yeah, women shouldn't be having babies at that age.

3o7bubdajOmghtfgHu.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Yeah, women shouldn't be having babies at that age.

3o7bubdajOmghtfgHu.gif

I mean at 44 the chance of a natural pregnancies is quite low - even more so with 89 year old sperm.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I mean at 44 the chance of a natural pregnancies is quite low - even more so with 89 year old chalkdust.

FTFY

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

At least one of them is old enough to be his grandmother, his eldest sister will be 65. My own dad was a GREAT-grandad at 61.

Lardy - My mother was a grandmother at 34 and if said granddaughter hadn’t been a lesbian she could well have beaten your GGrandfather to the punch by 5 years or so.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Yeah basically I was speculating with a tin hat, was that they could have not done things naturally and used something like IVF or whatever. I have a schoolfriend whose son already has a genetic condition which both parents are carriers of, and so for their next child they went through a more scientific route so their next one won't have the same condition. My intentions were not to discuss abortion but to discuss how celebs like perfect babies basically, especially when the father is nearly 90.

But that apparently went over someone's head and was not about to discuss it with them when they were aready on a rampage around the forum.

Maybe you should have allowed to not thinking they were the parents then. Given if they've gone through IVF they wouldn't be the parents.

29 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Lardy - My mother was a grandmother at 34 and if said granddaughter hadn’t been a lesbian she could well have beaten your GGrandfather to the punch by 5 years or so.  

Flippin eck! 

On 06/01/2020 at 22:26, Octopus of Odstock said:

Bob Varsha, long-time commentator, quite ill with cancer - https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran-race-commentator-varsha-battling-cancer/

Despite being US based, he's been involved in so much for so long, he should get UK Obits.

Varsha now has coronavirus. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/legendary-racing-broadcaster-varsha-coronavirus/4777266/

• Sad 1

On 05/04/2020 at 04:57, Deathray said:

Maybe you should have allowed to not thinking they were the parents then. Given if they've gone through IVF they wouldn't be the parents.

Actually, going through IVF is the only way to guarantee they are actually the parents (other than donor egg/sperm). Any baby conceived naturally can never know with 100% certainty who their father is without a DNA test.

13 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Actually, going through IVF is the only way to guarantee they are actually the parents (other than donor egg/sperm). Any baby conceived naturally can never know with 100% certainty who their father is without a DNA test.

Or their mother.

Sir Frank Williams turned 78 today. I happened to catch a video about it on Facebook - I was shocked to see him. I'm sure he popped up on a documentary about the family last year or the year before but he looks to have put on a lot of weight. Obviously, being in a wheelchair isn't the healthiest lifestyle but he's always remained a very thin man for the past 30 years. Some underlying condition or just the effects of stepping back from the family business? :unsure:

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Obviously, being in a wheelchair isn't the healthiest lifestyle 

Nor is rolling your car into a field at speed. 

• Haha 1

Marty Smith, a prolific motocross rider known for winning 18 career national motocross titles, has died.

He was 63.

Smith and his wife Nancy were killed in a dune buggy accident in the California desert on Monday.

SC