Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

On 20/08/2020 at 13:57, The Quim Reaper said:

Alex Zanardi’s condition has improved significantly. The man’s incredible.

Alex Zanardi now fully conscious, able to see and listen and expected to be able to speak soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drol said:

Alex Zanardi now fully conscious, able to see and listen and expected to be able to speak soon.

His first words will be; "Those Deathlisters can just fuck off!!"

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

His first words will be; "Those Deathlisters can just fuck off!!"

Same as Michael Schumacher did.

Ah well done. Guess that list also accounted for no end of footballers too? I missed it at the time, just seen it today. 

Just now, Octopus of Odstock said:

Ah well done. Guess that list also accounted for no end of footballers too? I missed it at the time, just seen it today. 

Yeah, Alf Wood was also rescued from the List of the Lost thanks to that roundup

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Yeah, Alf Wood was also rescued from the List of the Lost thanks to that roundup

2 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Yeah, uh, the LOTL needs updated in January.

Years and years ago, TMIB and OoO agreed that only a fool would take on the DDP with a child as well.

Hi, I am that frazzled fool! :lol:

(Thank feck for Reptile and Grim doing the programming bit!)

Aldo Andretti, my loving twin brother, my partner in crime and my faithful best friend every day of my life was called to heaven last night. Half of me went with him. There is no eloquence. I'm shaken to my core. https://t.co/NJ3fZxklNo

Mario Andretti's twin brother Aldo has died quite suddenly yesterday. Also raced, albeit nowhere near the level of other members of the family. Grim year for the Andretti's. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Aldo Andretti, my loving twin brother, my partner in crime and my faithful best friend every day of my life was called to heaven last night. Half of me went with him. There is no eloquence. I'm shaken to my core. https://t.co/NJ3fZxklNo

Mario Andretti's twin brother Aldo has died quite suddenly yesterday. Also raced, albeit nowhere near the level of other members of the family. Grim year for the Andretti's. 

Aldo was another to fall foul of COVID-19, its since been revealed. 

Fausto Gresini, MotoGP team boss, being woken from induced coma but still very ill with the covids

31 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Fausto Gresini, MotoGP team boss, being woken from induced coma but still very ill with the covids

I take it you are well out of your alcohol induced coma now? :)

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I take it you are well out of your alcohol induced coma now? :)

Not yet, I have another two days off :D

• Haha 1

I have heard the legendary Brands hatch commentator Brian Jones has passed away. Anyone involved in motorsport would have heard his commentaries at some time. True professional. A sad loss for the sport. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro67 said:

I have heard the legendary Brands hatch commentator Brian Jones has passed away. Anyone involved in motorsport would have heard his commentaries at some time. True professional. A sad loss for the sport. 

Been to Brands Hatch every year (often several times) since I was *gestures low* that high. He was one of the best. Sad news.

John Hogan has died of COVID. Huge figure in F1 history, he was the man behind Marlboro's involvement in the sport for many years, including their sponsorship of McLaren  and Ferrari and helped discover Mika Hakkinen. Was key in IndyCar as well due to his relationship with Roger Penske. 

• Like 1

Pat Patrick, one of the longest-standing and most influential car owners in the IndyCar paddock, died on January 5, 2021 in Phoenix, Arizona. He was 91 years old.  Ueal Eugene “Pat” Patrick was born on March 10, 1929 in Kentucky, with his family soon after moving to Michigan.   

His first sponsorship came in 1967.

Sponsorship wasn’t quite enough for Patrick. In 1970, he became co-owner of his own team, Patrick Racing. His driver, Johnny Rutherford, only just missed out on pole position at the Indy 500 that year despite the fact that the team was running an old, modified Eagle.

Patrick has been an influential player in American open-wheel racing ever since. His team won the Indianapolis 500 in 1973, 1982, and 1989—with Emerson Fittipaldi taking home the title for Patrick Racing that year. In 2000, the last year Patrick’s cars served as frontrunners, his drivers Adrian Fernandez and Roberto Moreno finished second and third in the overall championship.

SC

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

My Advent Avalanche pick. Like my MMMDP pick Rebecca Shadowen another Covid fight that lasted a couple of months, well two months here. I didn't pick him after that, because I erroneously thought he'd survive it then, but I think I saw him on a DDP team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

My Advent Avalanche pick. Like my MMMDP pick Rebecca Shadowen another Covid fight that lasted a couple of months, well two months here. I didn't pick him after that, because I erroneously thought he'd survive it then, but I think I saw him on a DDP team.

If he was indeed picked in the DDP, he gets a mention in this BBC article

• Like 1

Zanardi is now communicating with his family after more surgeries. https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/38709/alex-zanardi-is-able-to-speak-to-his-family-after-most-recent-surgery-report

Someone, however, no longer communicating with his family is Gimax (Carlo Franchi), a non-qualifier in 1978 who died today https://www.sempionenews.it/sport/addio-a-gimax-una-vita-vissuta-a-200-allora-intervista-alla-moglie-mirella/?cn-reloaded=1

French rider, Pierre Cherpin (52), has died from his injuries after his crash yesterday during Paris-Dakar's round 7.  

• Like 1

Mr. Mercedes, Jurgen Hubbert, seen as the man responsible for Mercedes entry into F1, has died aged 81.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 21:32, Lard Bazaar said:

Fausto Gresini still on life support; his conditions deteriorated on 17 January, but have improved now.