Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Congratulations to @HDS on also having him seemingly across the board on the DSCDP site.  The man to beat there, this year, I fear.

• Like 1

I was also considering him as a joker for a cup, although I was (rightly) afraid he's not going to make it till March.

Not again. 

:rolleyes:

How many premature obituaries is 2021 planning on feeding us?

4 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

He's not dead - tweet saying that he's critical.

FFS, Mr. Diamond Tether Yo-yo

He’s probably dead within 24 hours, don’t really think he’ll be close to cup pickings at all...

26 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

He’s probably dead within 24 hours, don’t really think he’ll be close to cup pickings at all...

Well, if he does make March he's EVERYONE'S cup joker - currently occupying that position on my squad of elite talents!

4 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Congratulations to @HDS on also having him seemingly across the board on the DSCDP site.  The man to beat there, this year, I fear.

I appreciate the kind words, but it’s early. I’ve led at one time or another the past 2 seasons and didn’t close it out. Like the Greg Norman of deadpool but without the major victories to show for it...yet.

And credit to you @Salmon Mousse. You invested strongly here as well. Your title defense isn’t over.

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Was to be my joker as well. Maybe Gresini makes it that far, maybe not.

what are we thinking here? Pre-written obit published by mistake? Last call to the bedside for family and the game of Telephone took over? Just outright rumor run amok? Something got out of control.

1 minute ago, HDS said:

I appreciate the kind words, but it’s early. I’ve led at one time or another the past 2 seasons and didn’t close it out. Like the Greg Norman of deadpool but without the major victories to show for it...yet.

And credit to you @Salmon Mousse. You invested strongly here as well. Your title defense isn’t over.

The year has certainly not gotten off to the start I'd have liked and I've quite a lot riding on Fausto... of course, you also picked him up nearly everywhere where I'm already trailing you.  Just get this feeling he's not actually going anywhere anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Salmon Mousse said:

The year has certainly not gotten off to the start I'd have liked and I've quite a lot riding on Fausto... of course, you also picked him up nearly everywhere where I'm already trailing you.  Just get this feeling he's not actually going anywhere anytime soon.

I’m getting that feeling as well. I hedged a few places but he was my big buy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, msc said:

Drol auditioning for the 2021 @Death Impends Abe Vigoda Prediction Award...

"It's just been revoked" 

3 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

well, those were a tense few hours, days, weeks

Fuck sake

All of us thinking of the DL Cup are having to work as hard as any football manager in the transfer window. 

At least Prince Philip continues to breathe!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Fuck sake

All of us thinking of the DL Cup are having to work as hard as any football manager in the transfer window. 

At least Prince Philip continues to breathe!

The sheer warmth eminating from your words are, at this very moment, providing comfort to the rest of the Royal Family.:lol:

• Like 1

Former NASCAR driver Candace Muzny Candace Muzny accidentally drowned at her home.

(tablet won't link somehow...)

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Whitehouse said:

Former NASCAR driver Candace Muzny Candace Muzny accidentally drowned at her home.

(tablet won't link somehow...)

So good they named her twice. 

Anyway, she died in February 2020 so you're a little late and it was reported here at the time. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/candace-muzny-death-nascar-driver-jail-assault-nail-salon-police-a9345406.html%3famp

12 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Anyway, she died in February 2020 so you're a little late and it was reported here at the time. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/candace-muzny-death-nascar-driver-jail-assault-nail-salon-police-a9345406.html%3famp

Cock......

16 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Her suspicious death was preceded by a stint locked up and an incident in which she punched a nail technician for not speaking English to her. 

So, the NASCAR racing was her down time, then

58 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Her suspicious death was preceded by a stint locked up and an incident in which she punched a nail technician for not speaking English to her. 

So, the NASCAR racing was her down time, then

My oh my.

She did have one of those faces you could chop logs on, didn't she!

On 06/01/2020 at 22:26, Octopus of Odstock said:

Bob Varsha, long-time commentator, quite ill with cancer - https://racer.com/2020/01/06/veteran-race-commentator-varsha-battling-cancer/

Despite being US based, he's been involved in so much for so long, he should get UK Obits.

It's on twitter so I've not got a link but Varsha's cancer is in remission. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

It's on twitter so I've not got a link but Varsha's cancer is in remission. 

I’ve actually checked his gofundme around December, and apparently it turned out he didn’t have the aggressive type of prostate cancer after all. A bit like Wilko Johnson