Can't see anything listed to indicate.

social media...........

http://inagist.com/all/480423996115419136/

Jim Bamber has died

social media...........

http://inagist.com/a...23996115419136/

Now all he needs is an obit and I can collect 8 points

I doubt, as I always did, that he will get the relevant obit - a well known and popular name but in a relatively small field. But he had many friends in the media, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he will get a broadsheet mention. Dying on a GP weekend may help.

He certainly lasted longer than I thought he would as he was SO ill towards the end of last year. RIP Jim.

• Like 2

Sorry but this one won't obit. You could say it's a......... PHANTOM pick? Oh ho-ho!

Oh and I'm gonna assume not all of his cartoons in the past focused on issues as dull as whether or not Australian chokers got/get a penalty for an after-race celebration.

• Like 1

Sorry but this one won't obit. You could say it's a......... PHANTOM pick? Oh ho-ho!

Oh and I'm gonna assume not all of his cartoons in the past focused on issues as dull as whether or not Australian chokers got/get a penalty for an after-race celebration.

Well it was a risk I was prepared to take.

Jim Bamber has died

social media...........

British TV obit.

Just been mentioned by Ted on SKY Sports F1 HD TV at the end item on his notebook wrap up on the Austrian GP coverage.

Jim Bamber has died

social media...........

British TV obit.

Just been mentioned by Ted on SKY Sports F1 HD TV at the end item on his notebook wrap up on the Austrian GP coverage.

Erm....... does a subscription satellite channel count? Sorry Phantom I'm not trying to do you down or anything....

Jim Bamber has died

social media...........

British TV obit.

Erm....... does a subscription satellite channel count? Sorry Phantom I'm not trying to do you down or anything....

I don't think that one counts.

Well there are 7 others who have picked Bamber, would have thought The Observer or Guardian would have had something by now. Perhaps next week something might appear.

? Does Twitter count ?

BBC page, tweeted by a Sports Reporter ?

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/lists/bbc-football

Jonathan Legard@legardj 18h

Shocked and saddened to hear of Jim Bamber´s death. Never failed to hit the mark with wit and wisdom http://goo.gl/kjph8z Expand

Guy Edwards, father of Sean, who was killed in a crash last year, is in poor health. He has suffered a stroke (last year or so, before Sean's death) and now requires full-time care. Like Leo Kinnunen, who is in a similiar situation, he's no longer physically well, but mentally okay. Edwards is 71.

Two recent deaths not posted on here thus far were 1950's one-time GP driver and engineer, Paul England, and the former Lancia F1 team manager Gianni Lancia, son of Vincenzo Lancia, the founder of the company, has died aged 90.

Very sad to hear about Guy Edwards not being well. I've been a fan of his since he was so kind to sign a race programme for me at Mallory Park during the Aurora race event in '79. Very under-rated driver, and arguably the most accomplished locator of race car sponsorship funding deals.

Eoin Young, 75, esteemed motor racing journalist, is very poorly right now, after years of ill health, and in truth, hard living. There's every chance that he won't see 2015, or possibly not even August, but if he does make January, regrettably, I can't see him being alive for much longer.

Would he obit? Well, he's from New Zealand which won't help from that respect, but he's written many books on the subject and may just get something - certainly more than Bamber, who was really only identified with one magazine, will.

Eoin Young, 75, esteemed motor racing journalist, is very poorly right now, after years of ill health, and in truth, hard living. There's every chance that he won't see 2015, or possibly not even August, but if he does make January, regrettably, I can't see him being alive for much longer.

Would he obit? Well, he's from New Zealand which won't help from that respect, but he's written many books on the subject and may just get something - certainly more than Bamber, who was really only identified with one magazine, will.

So, he'd be a Deathrace shoo in, then, and probably an early points scorer in that dept in the unlikely event he makes the start line. He's the bloke that wrote the one and only biography of Chris Amon, right?

That's right, but he also wrote biographies of Jim Clark, Denny Hulme and Bruce McLaren - the latter two he he actually worked for.

But the most likely link to an obit is his work with James Hunt in Against All Odds, Hunt's version of his 1976 title winning season.

That said, he's a well known name but in a niche field, so there's no guarantee of obit.

Ach no great loss....unlike Lee Black Childers....age open for debate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/10971487/Leee-Black-Childers-obituaries.html

Telegraph only ran his obit today, there is hope for Jim yet....

Ach no great loss....unlike Lee Black Childers....age open for debate.

http://www.telegraph...obituaries.html

Telegraph only ran his obit today, there is hope for Jim yet....

And to be fair, the likes of my Deathrace have paid out on Bamber and would do so with any mention of a death somewhere like Autosport.

Nasty fatal crash yesterday in a historic race at Silverstone.

No film of that but prior to it happening a driver had a bad crash at Abbey. To me it looked like a suspension failure.

Posted on YouTube so if you must...

No film of that but prior to it happening a driver had a bad crash at Abbey. To me it looked like a suspension failure.

link

The car seen here in better days...

link

The car seen here in better days...

Will it see any more days? Once an historic car has been crashed at the expense of its driver, does it get rebuilt and resold? I'm guessing one of our motor sport experts would know this.

Bernie Ecclestone still has Elio deAngelis' wrecked Brabham BT55 locked away in a large plywood crate in a corner of his car collection garage. Never been seen or touched for the last 28 years.

David Purley's smashed LEC chassis from his 28G impact with the Silverstone track side banking can be seen in the Donington collection.

No point in putting most fatally crashed cars back together due to the prohibitive cost, more so than showing respect to the dead driver.

Just found that Rindt's Lotus 72 still survives in its same wrecked state from Monza 1970.

Bernie Ecclestone still has Elio deAngelis' wrecked Brabham BT55 locked away in a large plywood crate in a corner of his car collection garage. Never been seen or touched for the last 28 years.

David Purley's smashed LEC chassis from his 28G impact with the Silverstone track side banking can be seen in the Donington collection.

No point in putting most fatally crashed cars back together due to the prohibitive cost, more so than showing respect to the dead driver.

Just found that Rindt's Lotus 72 still survives in its same wrecked state from Monza 1970.

Baffling. I remember reading that when the Italian authorities finally returned Senna's Williams to er... Williams many years later, it was in a "severely deteriorated state" and it was destroyed by Williams immediately (obviously you can imagine them wanting to destroy it straight away, I would). I have to wonder if some of the deterioration was possibly caused/increased by the blood, Senna lost tons of it.

I wonder what the Rindt wreck must be like now. I mean, has someone smeared it with the car equivalent of enbalming fluid or what?

Also, if you say a "wrecked" Brabham that was driven by de Angelis, surely you have to narrow it down a bit?