Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

19 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

British motorcyclist/superbike rider Ben Godfrey has died aged just 25 after a crash at Donnington park. 

https://www.crash.net/bsb/news/938521/1/superstock-rider-ben-godfrey-dies-track-day-accident

This is particularly sad because it wasn’t a race, it was a track day where any old Tom Dick or Barry Sheene can go and ride around the track. 

• Sad 2

A bit off topic but Harry Gant is probably the HEALTHIEST old Nascar driver and probably one of the healthiest and best looking 80 year olds ever. Believe it or not but Harry is in fact the handsome looking guy on the right on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFnMTaD2jYo Not surprisingly Mr Gant was nicknamed "Handsome Harry" during his career. Kyle Petty, who is 20 years younger then Harry looks older.

Alex Zanardi is going to stay in an induced coma for a little while... some sites are reporting that he might lose his eyes.... maybe it's time to put him out of his misery?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53151855

No legs and no eyes is a pretty horrendous scenario for anyone 

On 24/06/2020 at 07:39, Deathrace said:

No legs and no eyes is a pretty horrendous scenario for anyone 

I guess if he comes out of it he finds a sport he can excel in, like blind bowling or somthing...

COAT PLEASE!

On 23/06/2020 at 21:37, gcreptile said:

Alex Zanardi is going to stay in an induced coma for a little while... some sites are reporting that he might lose his eyes.... maybe it's time to put him out of his misery?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53151855

Third surgery for Zanardi. Still remarkably stable in his body, but his neurological condition is serious.

On 29/06/2020 at 22:45, Whitehouse said:

I guess if he comes out of it he finds a sport he can excel in, like blind bowling or somthing...

COAT PLEASE!

Shark fishing - but he's the bait!

• Haha 2

Bernie Ecclestone has been criticised for saying that changing nappies is “what wives are for” in an interview on This Morning with regards to his newborn son, Ace.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/bernie-ecclestone-baby-nappy-change-fabiana-flosi-this-morning-holly-willoughby-a9612326.html

..that and waiting patiently for their elderly husbands to die

7 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Bernie Ecclestone has been criticised for saying that changing nappies is “what wives are for” in an interview on This Morning with regards to his newborn son, Ace.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/bernie-ecclestone-baby-nappy-change-fabiana-flosi-this-morning-holly-willoughby-a9612326.html

..that and waiting patiently for their elderly husbands to die

Is he talking about himself or his son?

• Haha 3

On 06/07/2020 at 20:39, drol said:

Third surgery for Zanardi. Still remarkably stable in his body, but his neurological condition is serious.

Alex Zanardi is being woke up from the coma.

(not life threatening) Marc Marquez suffering another injury (broken arm) at the first race back of the season but for us how he managed that is more of interest, one of the only truly fearless motoGP riders out there - having saved himself from an early crash in the race and climbed back up from 18th to 3rd he wasn't happy with a podium position and went all out to try and get second, suffering another crash which gave him the broken arm. He seems to have managed to avoid any nerve damage and is looking to return in August. 

But given this riding attitude and the sheer number of injuries he's had throughout his career, surely his career is on borrowed time in a sport where it's possible to die on the track; 

On 16/07/2020 at 17:29, drol said:

Alex Zanardi is being woke up from the coma.

Zanardi discharged, sent to rehab.

8 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

(not life threatening) Marc Marquez suffering another injury (broken arm) at the first race back of the season but for us how he managed that is more of interest, one of the only truly fearless motoGP riders out there - having saved himself from an early crash in the race and climbed back up from 18th to 3rd he wasn't happy with a podium position and went all out to try and get second, suffering another crash which gave him the broken arm. He seems to have managed to avoid any nerve damage and is looking to return in August. 

But given this riding attitude and the sheer number of injuries he's had throughout his career, surely his career is on borrowed time in a sport where it's possible to die on the track; 

For anybody else it could be a career-ending injury, I think it’s the same injury as what did for Carl Fogarty - but Marc Marquez is not human. I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

On 21/07/2020 at 22:25, Lard Bazaar said:

For anybody else it could be a career-ending injury, I think it’s the same injury as what did for Carl Fogarty - but Marc Marquez is not human. I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

Broken humerus Sunday - surgery Tuesday - passed fit to ride Thursday - the man’s a fucking machine.  Additionally, two other riders who suffered injury on Sunday, Alex Rins (broken shoulder) and Cal Crutchlow (broken wrist) also had surgery Tuesday and passed fit today - I don’t think they’ll ride this Sunday but I’m putting a fiver on MM.

These fucking pussy footballers can all get to fuck, rolling around crying on the floor when they’ve broken their hair. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

These fucking pussy footballers can all get to fuck, rolling around crying on the floor when they’ve broken their hair. 

A guy I raced with lost his right leg at the Cookstown 100 road race some years ago, as the paramedics were loading him into the ambulance one said he would loose the leg and that was the end of his  racing. His answer was allong the lines of "it's only my right, I'll get a thumb operated rear brake fitted to the bike", he did and still races. He has a leg for walking about on and a racing leg!

• Like 3

On 21/07/2020 at 15:44, drol said:

Zanardi discharged, sent to rehab.

Please forgive the lack of a link, but Zanardi is now back in intensive care after his condition became unstable. 

On www.motorsport.com and other Italian news media. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

A guy I raced with lost his right leg at the Cookstown 100 road race some years ago, as the paramedics were loading him into the ambulance one said he would loose the leg and that was the end of his  racing. His answer was allong the lines of "it's only my right, I'll get a thumb operated rear brake fitted to the bike", he did and still races. He has a leg for walking about on and a racing leg!

I know I bang on about it but these riders are truly hard bastards, and also very mental :D

4 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Please forgive the lack of a link, but Zanardi is now back in intensive care after his condition became unstable. 

On www.motorsport.com and other Italian news media. 

Though "unstable condition" usually means "fucked" they mantain his move to ICU is just "precautional".

I think he hasn't become conscious again since being out of intensive care. The brain is probably fucked, and so the rest of the body as well.

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think he hasn't become conscious again since being out of intensive care. The brain is probably fucked, and so the rest of the body as well.

Wrong. He has become conscious various times.