Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

This nobhead-on-wheels is a plagiarist of the worst kind. All he's done is rob Einstein's stuff and repackage it - and made it worse if you ask me. If he didn't have the illness, the electronic voice and hideous leer he'd be nowhere - and he soon will be literally nowhere if there's any justice. Ok he's come up with some new sh*t - but that's just what it is - sh*t: "black holes eventually transmit, in a garbled form, information about all matter they swallow" - bollocks!!! A black hole NEVER transmits anything - all it does is absorb until one day when it's absorbed EVERYTHING the f*cker explodes big-bang style and the whole cycle starts over again - if indeed there is a cycle. Hawkings tosh is like saying if a woman gives u a BJ and swallows it, eventually a corrupt printout of ur DNA strand will emerge from her jacksie. In fact that is probably more likely to happen than what old numnuts there is saying. Overrated tw*t.

Jack :dead:

Not that I doubt your credentials or anything, but I do. Can you prove they don't transmit anything, or are you using someone else's argument to batter Hawking with? In which case, perhaps the fact there are disagreements in this field will get people to work on it more until some sort of scientific consensus starts to appear. As seems to happen in science, the current battles cause mass indignation and debunking of each other's work, whilst quietly in the background the more basic ideas gradually get kind of accepted.

When I was a kid (only about 20 years ago) it still hadn't been accepted that black holes even existed, they seemed more like a convenient way to explain a certain amount of the (at the time) unexplainable to many scientists.

I for one long for the day when the transmission/non-transmission of Black Holes debate that is currently raging across the planet calms down again, and science can once again be our friend.

This nobhead-on-wheels is a plagiarist of the worst kind. All he's done is rob Einstein's stuff and repackage it - and made it worse if you ask me. If he didn't have the illness, the electronic voice and hideous leer he'd be nowhere - and he soon will be literally nowhere if there's any justice. Ok he's come up with some new sh*t - but that's just what it is - sh*t: "black holes eventually transmit, in a garbled form, information about all matter they swallow" - bollocks!!! A black hole NEVER transmits anything - all it does is absorb until one day when it's absorbed EVERYTHING the f*cker explodes big-bang style and the whole cycle starts over again - if indeed there is a cycle. Hawkings tosh is like saying if a woman gives u a BJ and swallows it, eventually a corrupt printout of ur DNA strand will emerge from her jacksie. In fact that is probably more likely to happen than what old numnuts there is saying. Overrated tw*t.

Not that I doubt your credentials or anything, but I do. Can you prove they don't transmit anything, or are you using someone else's argument to batter Hawking with? In which case, perhaps the fact there are disagreements in this field will get people to work on it more until some sort of scientific consensus starts to appear. As seems to happen in science, the current battles cause mass indignation and debunking of each other's work, whilst quietly in the background the more basic ideas gradually get kind of accepted.

When I was a kid (only about 20 years ago) it still hadn't been accepted that black holes even existed, they seemed more like a convenient way to explain a certain amount of the (at the time) unexplainable to many scientists.

I for one long for the day when the transmission/non-transmission of Black Holes debate that is currently raging across the planet calms down again, and science can once again be our friend.

Doubt away Dude!!! :dead:

I don't need to use other people's arguments I'm quite at ease with my own thankyou! Can u prove that black holes DO transmit anything? If they do HOW does this transmisison escape the pull of the black hole? is it made up of something unaffected by the mass of the black hole. Have you heard of some newly discovered energy source - please enlighten us!

How come some people take Hawkins tripe as Gospel? The man relays conjecture as fact - he needs to go a long way to show that there is anything capable of escaping a black hole. Science based purely on mathematical models is not reality.

In any case, time to pull the plug on his LSU before he spews out any more drivel.

Jack ;)

I don't need to use other people's arguments I'm quite at ease with my own thankyou! Can u prove that black holes DO transmit anything? If they do HOW does this transmisison escape the pull of the black hole? is it made up of something unaffected by the mass of the black hole. Have you heard of some newly discovered energy source - please enlighten us!

How come some people take Hawkins tripe as Gospel? The man relays conjecture as fact - he needs to go a long way to show that there is anything capable of escaping a black hole. Science based purely on mathematical models is not reality.

In any case, time to pull the plug on his LSU before he spews out any more drivel.

Hm. That may or may not be the case. But if it's a choice between his drivel and yours, I'll take his.

Hm. That may or may not be the case. But if it's a choice between his drivel and yours, I'll take his.

Ask me if I care :dead:

I don't need to use other people's arguments I'm quite at ease with my own thankyou! Can u prove that black holes DO transmit anything?

As they say, proof is for mathematics and liquor. Since we haven't been able to look at a black hole up close there's little observational evidence of the properties of black holes and none regarding radiation.

If they do HOW does this transmisison escape the pull of the black hole? is it made up of something unaffected by the mass of the black hole.

As I understand it the source of Hawking radiation lies in the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs at a black hole's event horizon due to quantum fluctuation. This results in one of the pair falling into the black hole, while the other one escapes.

I don't take Hawking's ideas as gospel, neither does any physicist. His ideas with respect to black holes are indeed conjecture, but Hawking is not to blame for that, all physics is conjecture. Not a single theory or law of physics is reality, they're all models of reality and mathematical models at that. That's as true for black hole physics as it is for quantum physics or relativity. The fact that the latter two have better evidence doesn't change their conjectural nature.

Whether you (or anyone else) accept Hawking's ideas is irrelevant for their value. Only when we get into circumstances to examine black holes for their actual properties and behaviour we get to find out whether those ideas are drivel or not. What you write, however, is drivel now.

regards,

Hein

I don't need to use other people's arguments I'm quite at ease with my own thankyou! Can u prove that black holes DO transmit anything?

As they say, proof is for mathematics and liquor. Since we haven't been able to look at a black hole up close there's little observational evidence of the properties of black holes and none regarding radiation.

If they do HOW does this transmisison escape the pull of the black hole? is it made up of something unaffected by the mass of the black hole.

As I understand it the source of Hawking radiation lies in the creation of particle-antiparticle pairs at a black hole's event horizon due to quantum fluctuation. This results in one of the pair falling into the black hole, while the other one escapes.

I don't take Hawking's ideas as gospel, neither does any physicist. His ideas with respect to black holes are indeed conjecture, but Hawking is not to blame for that, all physics is conjecture. Not a single theory or law of physics is reality, they're all models of reality and mathematical models at that. That's as true for black hole physics as it is for quantum physics or relativity. The fact that the latter two have better evidence doesn't change their conjectural nature.

Whether you (or anyone else) accept Hawking's ideas is irrelevant for their value. Only when we get into circumstances to examine black holes for their actual properties and behaviour we get to find out whether those ideas are drivel or not. What you write, however, is drivel now.

regards,

Hein

The line for the MH fan club forms to the left. No pushing, cursing, spitting or saving places for others. Thank you for your cooperation.

What you write, however, is drivel now.

regards,

Hein

Maybe, maybe not, but going by your own 'logic' the same applies to yourself and Hawking also! What I will say you're a rude, arrogant character. You've go to earn respect, and I've cetainly got none for you or your opinions. All I did was diss Hawking who (IMHO - if I'm allowed to have one) is a charlatan. I didn't attack you - learn some manners!

The line for the MH fan club forms to the left. No pushing, cursing, spitting or saving places for others. Thank you for your cooperation.

LOL!!! It's another of those forums where the "old-timers" think they own the place and enjoy giving new members a hard time for expressing an opinion different to theirs. Grow up.

Jack

You've go to earn respect, and I've cetainly got none for you or your opinions.

I can live with that.

All I did was diss Hawking who (IMHO - if I'm allowed to have one) is a charlatan.

You, like anyone here, are allowed to express any opinion you like.

I didn't attack you - learn some manners!

I don't mind that you diss Dr Hawking. I think you diss him for the wrong reasons. I notice that you evaded the content of my post and prefered to respond to the snide remark I made on your choice or words. If you think that doing so and calling the work of a well-respected scientist 'drivel', 'bollocks', 'sh*t' and 'tripe' are good manners, I rather keep my bad ones.

regards,

Hein

I don't mind that you diss Dr Hawking. I think you diss him for the wrong reasons. I notice that you evaded the content of my post and prefered to respond to the snide remark I made on your choice or words. If you think that doing so and calling the work of a well-respected scientist 'drivel', 'bollocks', 'sh*t' and 'tripe' are good manners, I rather keep my bad ones.

You old timers... so set in your ways. :dead:

LOL!!! It's another of those forums where the "old-timers" think they own the place and enjoy giving new members a hard time for expressing an opinion different to theirs. Grow up.

Jack

I'm not so sure what goes for the average age around here, but mark my words , if you think this is just another forum, and just the old timers enjoy giving the unexperienced members a hard time, my god you have something coming.

I'm not so sure what goes for the average age around here, but mark my words , if you think this is just another forum, and just the old timers enjoy giving the unexperienced members a hard time, my god you have something coming.

I'll look forward to it! :dead:

Is there something wrong in trying to join in the spirit of this forum? I've not attacked other members I've expressed my opinions, I've not evaded anything despite what certain people say. and I've used language common to these pages.

The bullies here know nothing or my qualifications to comment on Hawking, so get off my back, stop being personal, and maybe we can get along and accept one another's opinion without the snide personal stuff taking the fun out of t.

Jack

regards,

Hein

Maybe, maybe not, but going by your own 'logic' the same applies to yourself and Hawking also! What I will say you're a rude, arrogant character. You've go to earn respect, and I've cetainly got none for you or your opinions. All I did was diss Hawking who (IMHO - if I'm allowed to have one) is a charlatan. I didn't attack you - learn some manners!

Welcome to the forum, Necro jack. :) I'm sure that we all hope you will find a niche here, but you must be prepared to take the flack particularly when you hand it out!

What Hein said about you was only equivalent to what you had said about Dr Hawking and now you have done just what you claimed not to have done - attacked MH for no good reason.

I'm sure that you'll discover, in time, that MH is respected as a clear thinker with reasoned and honest opinions. He has earned that respect. There are many other well respected forum members, some of whom are 'old-timers' :dead: and others who are impressive in a very few posts and/or comparatively tender years. It takes all sorts... you'll probably find them here. :o;)

Just a word of advice: don't go trashing the Admins, no-one is impressed by that!

Welcome to the forum, Necro jack. :) I'm sure that we all hope you will find a niche here, but you must be prepared to take the flack particularly when you hand it out!

What Hein said about you was only equivalent to what you had said about Dr Hawking and now you have done just what you claimed not to have done - attacked MH for no good reason.

I'm sure that you'll discover, in time, that MH is respected as a clear thinker with reasoned and honest opinions. He has earned that respect. There are many other well respected forum members, some of whom are 'old-timers' :dead: and others who are impressive in a very few posts and/or comparatively tender years. It takes all sorts... you'll probably find them here. :o;)

Just a word of advice: don't go trashing the Admins, no-one is impressed by that!

Fully prepared to take flack from individuals I hand it out to! Please indicate where I attacked Hein? If he IS a "respected clear thinker" that is a status he has yet to earn with me - at present I just see him as an unpleasant bully-boy (and that is not intended as an attack it's a first impression)

I came along here prepared to enjoy what I thought was the spirit of this forum and have just encountered unpleasnatness. Yes - if I attack your heroes - retaliate on their behalf - but there was no need for personal sniping - well not in my opinion.

Time to bail out I think - my sortee into your silly little world was not the fun I hoped it would be.

See you in Hell

What I will say you're a rude, arrogant character. You've go to earn respect, and I've cetainly got none for you or your opinions. All I did was diss Hawking who (IMHO - if I'm allowed to have one) is a charlatan. I didn't attack you - learn some manners!

In answer to your question, please see the post quoted above. You state that you didn't attack Hein and then did just that! I hope that clarifies my previous post. (Please accept my apologies for previously highlighting the wrong bit.)

At this rate, Hell is going to be quite a party!

What I will say you're a rude, arrogant character. You've go to earn respect, and I've cetainly got none for you or your opinions. All I did was diss Hawking who (IMHO - if I'm allowed to have one) is a charlatan. I didn't attack you - learn some manners!

In answer to your question, please see the post quoted above. You state that you didn't attack Hein and then did just that! I hope that clarifies my previous post. (Please accept my apologies for previously highlighting the wrong bit.)

OK - where's the "Cancel Membership" Button? Get a grip Oatsie, Hein said "What you write, however, is drivel now" - this was needlessly obnoxious. I responded by saying that I thought this was rude and arrogant of him and he should get some manners. I aren't a sponge prepared to soak-up abuse from bullying and abusive moderators. What I say about my opinion of Hawking is not aimed at any member of this forum and I stand by my opinion of him and his theories.

How would you feel if someone told you you talked drivel when you were expressing your honest opinion, albeit attempting to add a little humour to it? If I wanted a deep discussion I'd have done it in the Quantum Theory Forum and used a different style. I'm sorry I couldn't get on with people in this forum but there's obviously a closed-shop here and the feelings of dislike is mutual.

Now where's that button....?

Heinous - if you're there (I'm sure you are) please cancel my membership.

Jack

Jack <_<

OK - where's the "Cancel Membership" Button? Get a grip Oatsie, Hein said "What you write, however, is drivel now" - this was needlessly obnoxious. I responded by saying that I thought this was rude and arrogant of him and he should get some manners. I aren't a sponge prepared to soak-up abuse from bullying and abusive moderators. What I say about my opinion of Hawking is not aimed at any member of this forum and I stand by my opinion of him and his theories.

How would you feel if someone told you you talked drivel when you were expressing your honest opinion, albeit attempting to add a little humour to it? If I wanted a deep discussion I'd have done it in the Quantum Theory Forum and used a different style. I'm sorry I couldn't get on with people in this forum but there's obviously a closed-shop here and the feelings of dislike is mutual.

Heinous - if you're there (I'm sure you are) please cancel my membership.

Jack

Like I said, you have to be able to take the flack. Hein thinks it was drivel, that's his opinion which he expressed just as you expressed yours.

There is no cancel button. You may come and go as you please, as no-one has banned you. The choice is yours.

Why not hang about and meet some more of the members? There are some whom you might actually like!

Faililng that, see you in Hell as previously arranged. :D

I'm touched..... almost seems like a friendly voice in the wilderness......

Hein thinks it was drivel, that's his opinion which he expressed just as you expressed yours

There are different ways of expressing opinions - I found this offensive.

Faililng that, see you in Hell as previously arranged. :D

I'll be there buddy

Jack <_<

Hein thinks it was drivel, that's his opinion which he expressed just as you expressed yours
There are different ways of expressing opinions - I found this offensive.

Yes, there are many ways of expressing opinions. I chose the way I expressed mine about your post on Dr Hawking's work carefully: with the exception of my parting shot I only wrote about the subject matter in what I think is a neutral voice. I thought (and still think) that the words you used to express your opinion of Hawking's ideas were uncalled for, so I decided to use one such word to express my opinion about that. If you think that's offensive there's an odour of hypocrisy wafting from your post. Take some time to read your original post again, compare that to my response and think about who was being offensive where and when.

How would you feel if someone told you you talked drivel when you were expressing your honest opinion, albeit attempting to add a little humour to it?

How would Dr Hawking feel if someone told him he talked drivel when he was expressing his honest opinion?

If I wanted a deep discussion I'd have done it in the Quantum Theory Forum and used a different style. I'm sorry I couldn't get on with people in this forum but there's obviously a closed-shop here and the feelings of dislike is mutual.

This forum is not particularly closed, but you chose an unfortunate way to make your entrance. As I see it you're welcome as a new member and if we can sort out this mess you might even enjoy the rest of your stay.

There's no such button, but I can cancel your membership. I'm not going to do that yet, but if you insist I will.

regards,

Hein

There's no such button, but I can cancel your membership. I'm not going to do that yet, but if you insist I will.

I'll stay awhile and see what unfolds but you've not endeared yourself to me in any way my friend.

Jack

After carefully considering the whole debate about the use of the word 'drivel' and when its usage is deemed appropriate or otherwise, I feel it is time for me to close my eyes and march forwards windmilling my way carefully into this lively debate.

Whilst not wishing to speak uninvited on behalf of other members... actually, that's exactly what I'm going to do, it's the equivalent of saying 'I normally consider myself broad-minded, but..' or 'whilst I usually take a joke as well as the next man, but...'; anyway, I digress slightly. :)

I just figured MH was using the old literary trick of making a point by using some of the same words as the person you are replying to; for me, it's a fairly easy way of making a pun and somehow makes the reply 'fit' that much better. So, you call what spews out of Mr Hawking's mouth drivel, IE+ responds by saying she'd choose his drivel over yours, and after MH fairly thoroughly answers your post he suggests that your post is currently drivel because it is just as unprovable as you claim Hawking's work is. He could have chosen any word, but presumably he picked drivel because it fits.

If you'd said 'bollocks' instead of drivel, I presume the repliers would have used the word 'bollocks' too.

Although I absolutely agree that you don't have to respect posters just because they've made loads of posts, I will say that MH is one of the most careful and considered posters here, not someone who randomly attacks people just because he's got a good joke that fits, so it's interesting how you've managed to start off here.

From my own point of view, drivel is almost a compliment; If you could get banned for posting drivel, I certainly wouldn't have got past 600. Or 6 for that matter. ;)

I'll stay awhile and see what unfolds but you've not endeared yourself to me in any way my friend.
I expect he wasn't trying very hard, have you given him reason to? :P

ps don't think I've took sides here because we're all 'old school' or some such nonsense, the person I disagree with more than anyone on this site is I think one of the 3 biggest posters (in total, not size) and yet we're still pretty civil with each other. Hi BS! :)

please note all opinions in this post are my own (or at least I'm trying to pass them off as my own) and are not intended to represent the opinions of any members that I appear to be speaking on behalf of.

For those of you interested in, you know, Stephen Hawking, I saw a documentary on TV yesterday called "Last Days on Earth" where scientists count down the top seven ways that humans could be wiped out, a darling mix of "blame nature" and "blame ourselves." Anyhow, Steven Hawking was interviewed on the validity of each way, but segment had to be pre-taped because he had to blink out the answers which, presumably, takes a fair amount of time when you're discussing topics such as astrophysics.

He's a lot worse than the last time I saw him, and he was pretty bad then. I'd say in a year or two he may be worth a punt.

He's a lot worse than the last time I saw him, and he was pretty bad then. I'd say in a year or two he may be worth a punt.

Well the Reeve faimly became history pretty quickly and Superman was only in his early fifties. I'm not for bets that put alot of risk, but either way the whole idea of Mr.Hawking to me is very twisted.