Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

I'm not entirely convinced that the man hasn't been turned into a bloody robot and wil live forever...

AI?

I'm not entirely convinced that the man hasn't been turned into a bloody robot and wil live forever...

AI?

Well, he's so bankable that when he dies they might just keep the brand going and offer Eddie Redmayne the job permanently.

Guest Guest

Stephen Hawking is said to be too frail to travel to tonights Oscar awards. Make of that what you will ...

Stephen Hawking is said to be too frail to travel to tonights Oscar awards. Make of that what you will ...

Link?

I think it means he can't be bothered to fly all the way to LA just to see a gormless-faced, 30-year-old lost child pick up a golden statue for playing "him" in such a piece of crap film.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I think it means he can't be bothered to fly all the way to LA just to see a gormless-faced, 30-year-old lost child pick up a golden statue for playing "him" in such a piece of crap film.

Bloody good timing if he did snuff it now though. His family would cash in big time with all the recent publicity and it would be a great boost for the film !

Maybe ol' Stevie'll follow Thatcher's and Mandela's path.

Margie died about a year after the premiere of "The Iron Lady".

Nelson died about a few months after the premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom".

By that logic he should have died back when they made Hawking.

Stephen Hawking would consider assisted suicide if he feels like he cannot contribute to science anymore and would just be a burden to those around him:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jun/03/stephen-hawking-i-would-consider-assisted-suicide

Apparently, he once tried to commit suicide.

Cancels some public appearances due to ill health.

Yeah but, come on, does he REALLY need to be there?

Im sure he has some scripted stuff ready to go so, well, somebody would only need to take his voice machine thingy along and press the start button or summat.

Hawking, in theory, WILL live forever, well his voice deffo.

That's a brilliant thought, 621 years into the future and humans will still know how the great man sounded.

• Like 1

74 today :birthday2::birthday::party::champagne:!

74 today :birthday2::birthday::party::champagne:!

he'll be wheeling on for another year.

Now that the Beeb are resurrecting Robot Wars, whaddya think the chances are of the Prof entering the ring against some of the machinery that will be bidding to be champion?

I think he has a chance.

Now that the Beeb are resurrecting Robot Wars, whaddya think the chances are of the Prof entering the ring against some of the machinery that will be bidding to be champion?

I think he has a chance.

I'm sure he'd win the award for best-spoken roboteer.

Guest John

I can't see him going in the next five years, to be honest.

Appreciate your honesty....

• Like 1

He's 74, and he has had ALS since... forever. The problem is that given the stage of his disease, even a minor infection or pneumonia can cause grave problems. I'd say that he has a pretty good chance of dying before the age of 80.

Of all the older Simpsons guest voice people he is one of the few I am least worried about going soon. I would say watch out for George H W

He's 74, and he has had ALS since... forever. The problem is that given the stage of his disease, even a minor infection or pneumonia can cause grave problems. I'd say that he has a pretty good chance of dying before the age of 80.

Also if he develops any form of cancer or heart problems treatment would be very difficult.

Of all the older Simpsons guest voice people he is one of the few I am least worried about going soon. I would say watch out for George H W

Did he actually do the voice of himself on The Simpsons though?