randomranter

The Dutch

And not sure why this not in Nazi thread?

Or others.

Argentinian through and through, her sister married a Dutchman.

20 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti, sister of Queen Maxima, has died of a reported suicide.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/queen-maximas-sister-ines-has-died-in-an-apparent-suicide-104113

Pass the Dutchie to a fresh new grave (I said...)

Just realized you can copy/paste this lovely one-liner for every entry in this thread.

SC

• Like 3

Robby Muller, the Dutch director of photography of such striking ’80s and ’90s films as “Dancer in the Dark,” “Down by Law,” “Repo Man” and “Paris, Texas,” died July 4 in Amsterdam. He was 78 and according to Dutch publication Het Parool had been suffering from vascular dementia for several years.
SC

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't even bother checking if he was a DDP pick when I saw his death, that's how far off the radar I thought he was.

• Haha 1

Oh God!

Damn... Such a nice guy. He lived close to where I live. Already died last Friday. The burial has already been done.

Rutger Hauer

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Farewell Roy Batty.

• Sad 1

RIP. All those moments lost.........like tears in the rain. :(

His performance in Blade Runner is one of my favorites of any actor.

• Like 2

All those moments have been lost in time, like tears in rain...

EDIT: Didn’t see above post, I’m tired, bah.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Could have sworn he had his own thread. 

Think you are thinking of Hardy Kruger?

30 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Could have sworn he had his own thread. 

Knowing this place, he does but his name's spelt wrong.

26 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Think you are thinking of Hardy Kruger?

No. Definately not. 

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Knowing this place, he does but his name's spelt wrong.

You're probably correct. I'll have a rummage. 

2 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Damn... Such a nice guy. He lived close to where I live. Already died last Friday. The burial has already been done.

Rutger Hauer

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Farewell Roy Batty.

I suppose like his most famous character he was always fated to die in 2019.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dodrade said:

I suppose like his most famous character he was always fated to die in 2019.

SDogLD4FOZMM8.gif

Former Dutch housing and integration minister Ella Vogelaar has died at the age of 69. Vogelaar, who was deputy leader of the FNV union federation before becoming a minister, suffered from depression and ended her own life. Vogelaar was appointed as a minister on behalf of the Labour party in 2007.
SC

Dutch gossip magazine Party titles their story "Big worries about critically ill José Hoebee". The wedge-nosed LUV' lead singer is said to have lost 20 kg and feel pain in her mouth. José herself says that the story is very exaggerated but admits to be going through a hard time.

https://luvgirlgroup.blogspot.com/

On 23/09/2010 at 17:47, Magere Hein said:

m1dzxf9ap154.jpg

There are rumours in Colombian and Dutch media that she's been killed in action, in the same raid in which Mono Jojoy, a top Farc rebel leader, is reported to be killed.

regards,

Hein

So according to Dutch news, Nijmeijer has now officially left the FARC.

I wonder where someone like that goes seeing that the U.S. classified her as a terrorist and she has an arrest warrent out from Interpol.

-

Edit: not relevant for this thread.

Not sure where to post this. It's a toss-up between here and the Art-thread.

And interesting obscure DDP-pick (if people want to take a gamble) would maybe be painter René Daniels. I was aware that he had a brian aneurysm in the late 1980's. What i was not aware of was that it left him unable to paint or speak. He currently is 68 and has been living this was for the last 30+ years. Can't imagine someone like that becoming very old.

I off course did a research on how obitable he is. He is by every definition of the word very fringe. There are three paintings of his in the collection of the Tate, He has a rather large article on the website of Frieze (a major London based artfair/magazine) and a mention in a Guardian-article from 2015.

If he dies he will probably get obits from Dutch media and art related blogs/media. I however don't know if he would get an obit from a mainstream british newssource. So it would only be worth a DDP unique pick for who ever wants to try it.

link to a Dutch video from back in October about the health of former acrobat and children entertainer Bas van Toor (85) who, as seen in the video, is wheelchair bound, extremely frail and unable to speak. His brother, and fellow acrobat/entertainer, Aad van Toor mentions in the video that he had multiple heavy operations over the last 5 years. 

Clearly someone who can drop dead any moment but also someone with very little obit chances outside of the borders of the Netherlands.

So maybe just a heads up for people who can fit him in some fringe dead pool where Dutch obits are allowed.