randomranter

The Dutch

Guitarist Eddie Christiani died at 98 years old. He was the first Dutchman to play an electric guitar. He recorded his first album in 1938.

for the Maluka islands I would pick instead president in exile Frans Tutuhatunewa (1923)

I thought I heard somewere that he has stepped down recently

Yeah, so did I. Oh well, a former president is interesting too.

Died back in October 2016 aged 93. https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnos.nl%2Fartikel%2F2139554-molukse-leider-frans-tutuhatunewa-overleden.html&edit-text=

A DDP pick. No UK obit as far as I know to date.

Hans Breukhoven, a Dutch rich bloke of no obvious use, is rumoured to be suffering from pancreatic cancer. I don't think he's UK obit material.

regards,

Hein

Is dead. Had him on my list in previous years, but dropped because of said lack of coverage/obit chances.

Rather big one. For me that is.

I grew up watch his programs about the newest gadgets that were available. He was Chriet Titulaer, quite a character with a distinct voice and a face your could recognize out of ten thousands of people. Always fascinating to see. Rest in peace. For all the Dutch in here, just a blast from the past.

This clip is amazing. This is from 1993. The man was a sort of Nostradamus. He predicts four things that are going to change cars in 15 years. 

1) Other types of fuel. Lots of cars drive electric these days, or natural gas and hydrogen.

2) More plastic will be used in cars.

3) much more electronics like board computer, satellite communication, television..

4) Driverless cars....

• Like 1

His beard reminds me of a sort of Dutch Bob Symes.

Hein Verbruggen, the former president of the International Cycling Union who oversaw the worldwide spread of a sport often tainted by doping, has died. He was 75.

The UCI and the International Olympic Committee both announced the news on Wednesday, underscoring the Dutchman's clout within both organizations.
SC

Eberhard van der Laan, mayor of Amsterdam, announced today he would stop with working. In January he announced he has lung cancer and wished to spend the rest of his life with friends and family. I think this we can expect an obit soon.

On 18-9-2017 at 19:56, Whitehouse said:

Eberhard van der Laan, mayor of Amsterdam, announced today he would stop with working. In January he announced he has lung cancer and wished to spend the rest of his life with friends and family. I think this we can expect an obit soon.

Was a quickie. Dead.

Big one.

Mies Bouwman dead!

She is Dutch television royalty, on the tube from the very first beginning of Dutch television. She died at the age of 88.

• Sad 1

On 2/15/2018 at 03:03, YoungWillz said:

There has to be a joke in that name somewhere.

Lewd Rubbers. But it's not strong enough.

6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti, sister of Queen Maxima, has died of a reported suicide.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/queen-maximas-sister-ines-has-died-in-an-apparent-suicide-104113

Father was a cunt.......

4 minutes ago, charon said:

Father was a cunto.......

FTFY. :D

• Haha 2

No, he was a cunt.

And World Cup synch too, as his boss went into the Peru dressing room in the last Group game in 78 afore kick off.

Argentina needed to win by 4-0 to make the final

A wee talk about 'solidarity' and 6-0 it was........

12 minutes ago, charon said:

No, he was a cunt.

And World Cup synch too, as his boss went into the Peru dressing room in the last Group game in 78 afore kick off.

Argentina needed to win by 4-0 to make the final

A wee talk about 'solidarity' and 6-0 it was........

Oh yeah, I remember that.:lol: