randomranter

The Dutch

Grietje Jansen-Anker (112), the last Dutch woman born in the 19th century has died.

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artikelen/20..._overleden.html

According to the audio-bit included in the article, Berthe van Hasselt (107), the current oldest Dutch woman has been in failing health for the last three months.

van Hasselt died on the 17th, just four days after Jansen-Anker. Can't provide a link that you can see though, sorry.

Dutch reporting says it was the 16th, just three days after Jansen-Anker, and the current oldest Dutch woman is Wytske van Dijk-Meindersma (wonder if she also dies within the week?)

We're clutching at straws, aren't we? Every day several thousands of Dutch die, none of them famous, domestically or overseas. I can think of several well-known ones I'd rather see dead, but they stick to life like a limpet. :(

regards,

Hein

Just because Holland doesn't have a proper DeathPool site, I decided to create the forum site Platform Nederlandse DeathPool.

I would really like it if the few Dutch members here could help me by making this a proper forumsite (it is still just scratch, but you have to start somewere).

It has a new user. :)

regards,

Hein

Just because Holland doesn't have a proper DeathPool site, I decided to create the forum site Platform Nederlandse DeathPool.

I would really like it if the few Dutch members here could help me by making this a proper forumsite (it is still just scratch, but you have to start somewere).

Would people here like it if I start another forum on the above link were people can discuss Nederlandse Dead Pool-hits/suggestions in English?

To all Dutch users of the death list.

Het Platform Nederlandse Deathpool has been improving for the last few months and I'd like to see some more people joining it. It's not a community with only 4 members (of which only 2 have posted). I really hope by the ende of the year we have atleast 10 members. I also hope that DL-veteran Tomb Raider will sign in and the IR Babooon could suggest some dying Dutch politician from time to time.

I just registered, apologies for the time it took me... ;-)

Cloggy actress Josine van Dalsum died a few days ago. She looks familiar, but I can't think from where. Anyway obit here.

Not Dutch at all, but as he is nicknamed 'Duch', this might be the right thread for mentioning Kaing Guek Eav, one of Pol Pot's infamous cronies on the Cambodian Killing Fields.

He's still on trial, today were the closing arguments, the verdict is due in march. No death penalty, unfortunately, but as Duch showed his remorses over and over and over again, there's suicide-changes, me thinks.

Cloggy actress Josine van Dalsum died a few days ago. She looks familiar, but I can't think from where. Anyway obit here.

Her death was widely reported in Dutch media, but since she has no entry in the ever reliable Wikipedia I didn't think it was useful to mention it here.

I have no idea why she should look familiar to non-Dutch. She wasn't exactly a major actress. I didn't quite like her looks. She always looked like she could break in tears any moment.

Perhaps the most remarkable fact about her demise was that it was a case of euthanasia, according to the equally trustworthy Telegraaf.

regards,

Hein

Her death was widely reported in Dutch media, but since she has no entry in the ever reliable Wikipedia I didn't think it was useful to mention it here.

I have no idea why she should look familiar to non-Dutch. She wasn't exactly a major actress. I didn't quite like her looks. She always looked like she could break in tears any moment.

Ik woonde in Nederland voor een jaar. Maybe that's why.

Perhaps the most remarkable fact about her demise was that it was a case of euthanasia, according to the equally trustworthy Telegraaf.

Interesting. I wonder how euthanasia would be treated in the DDP? Would it be classed as a suicide or possibly even assassination? Hmm.

Why is it that all chanson-singers seem to die of lungcancer?

It seems to me that's because of the smoking they do to get that rough edge on their voice. Of course drinking a bottle of whisky a day helps too, which may explain Shaffy's esophageal cancer.

regards,

Hein

Naw, he's someone who will be missed...

I'll be taking part in your deathpool, Vaagheid.

Don't get depressed by the lack of interest, Deadpooling is probably still quite a new thing in the Netherlands and it may take a while to pick up, but somebody has to be there at the start to get the ball rolling and at the moment that seems to be you.

So don't give up, give it a bit of time to get a bit better known.

I bet this time next year you'll have hundreds of entries and will be cursing the amount of work you have made for yourself.

I have been in a bad place for the last couple of weeks (one of the reasons why I was so much online) and I have decided to make a big turn around in my personal life. A direct consequence means that I won't be bothering this forum for the next couple of months. I know by anouncing this I will probably get al sorts of posts from people like Tafkag, Lord Felatio Nelson, Windsor, 888-333 and all other people who think a like about me. Probably saying things like:

"You won't be missed"

"Please don't come back then"

So don't waste you're time on it, because I will just ingore it.

I excually didn't start this to anounce my sudden departure from the "site". I wanted to ask if there are still people who wanted to join de Nederlandse Dead Pool. I recieved no mails yet, what probably has to do something with the fact that it just the beginning of the month, but I wanted to anounce if there are no more than 3 entries I will just give up on the whole thing. I also wanted to say that if you don't trust the mail adress you can also send a personal message with your team to me here on the deathlist. The winner will get a trophy mug on which is engraved that you are the winner. The highest scoring Non-Dutchman will also get a prize containing stroopwaffles among other things.

And these stroopwaffles won't be prepaired like this, but like

I hope to join the DDP next year, and would like to join the Hartlepool Deadlypool if I can get some further information on it.

I will be frequently joining the Platform Nederlandse Death Pool just because I don't want it to die (I believe I have to log in once every 60 days or else the form will stop excicting) but I would like it if some other Dutch members joined (Baboon, Whitehouse) or if some people with a limited knowledge of Dutch joined (maybe Ra-Ra-Rasputin) just to keep the forum alive. If people here know any other Dutch dead poolers from other sites please advertise the forum for them.

Happy Sinterklaas and

Vriendelijke Groet,

Vaagheid

Cheers, Vaagheid! You WILL be missed.

I'll check the Dutch DL every now and then, it's a wonderful initiative, and it deserves to become a success!

Good luck, stay strong, hou je taai, etc, Vaagheid.

Being lazy, I don't think i'm the dedicated man for the dutch deathlist. Something like that does exist at Retecool (http://retecool.com/forum/1/het-dutch-dead-pool-2009-topic/3/0) for at least a couple of years, but they lack a good community (but they do have a list of teams: http://members.home.nl/joranv/Doodpool2009.htm). It might be better to help them to become more wide-spread.

Sylvie Meis, the wife of footballer Rafael van der Vaart had breast cancer and has been cured for it.

http://www.nu.nl/achterklap/2023117/sylvie...orstkanker.html

Another Dutch footballer with a poorly wife is Man Utd goalie Edwin van der Sar.

Not the prettiest or most glamourous football-wife, I'd say. It suits Van der Sar, of course, who is a wonderful goalie but a notoriously boring chap.

Keepers tend to be flamboyant, but not the Dutch, that's for sure. Not even the one that has a leaked out sex video, in which he was receiving more than just a few balls (didn't dare to include a link to the vid itself)... The less sexy Dutch goal keeper must have been former Chelsea-player Ed de Goeij, who once famously stated that his favourite passtime was piecing jigsaw puzzles.

Guest Guest
-

16.5 million Dutch people wait anxiously to see which one of them is about to be dealt the Death card.