Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

The All Coppers Are Bent Bastards Thread!

Former Metropolitan Police chief Sir Robert Mark has died aged 93...

Quelle s'feckin'prise!

And he looks a right hooligan as well.

If you want to be a thug but don't want to end up in gaol. Be a policeman...

Edited by themaninblack

Figures on this were quoted by someone from Tuckers - major UK criminal law firm - this morning. 40 years or so since death in police custody/ at the hands of police ended in conviction. In that time over 1000 cases have been investigated, albeit many of them less clear than Ian Tomlinson.

I always remember my only run in with a policeman happened when I was walking to work and the orange lodge were marching in town down the street . I couldn't care either way i was walking on the other side of the street this is a pretty major street btw . when out of nowhere some policeman grabbed me by the wrists and threw me into the wall asked me were he thought i was going . First off i was demanding he get his hands off me second of all i told him I was going to work . im only 5 foot 9 and i was skinny teen back then and this guy was about 16 stone. He then held me there for 20 mins ever after the march had passed , i told him i had to be in work for noon he deliberately kept me there 20 past.

I had scratch marks on my wrists and was i was let go and I asked for his number on his shoulder I was threatened with arrest and a large fine .

Had no respect for the police since as three other officers including an old looking one stood by and done nothing.

I'm aware that the police have their use, e.g. for catching criminals. It's their unfortunate lot that most of the good they do stays low on the publicity radar, whereas for every person who has had a bad experience with the rozzers it's personal. This results in the well-known observations that when you need a copper none is around and that they always show up when you do something illegal.

The fact remains that, largely, the pigs are poorly educated, trained, led and paid. In my country they have an additional danger: despite these deficiencies they carry firearms. Rarely a year passes without fatalities among suspects or the public.

regards,

Hein

I walked past a Rozzer in Tescos today and pointed the way to the doughnuts,he didnt like it the miserable bastard

I walked past a Rozzer in Tescos today and pointed the way to the doughnuts,he didnt like it the miserable bastard

Hardly surprising, didn't you direct him to the frosted ones?

Well I read 17 pages of extra-curricular thread titles looking for a home for this story, and this seems about right.
If nothing else, shameless reboot. 

PRISON UNREST - MISSISSIPPI

Autopsy set for another Mississippi inmate who dies

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A woman has become at least the 22nd inmate in just over two months to die in a Mississippi prison system that's under federal scrutiny. The U.S. Justice Department is investigating violence and poor living conditions. The Mississippi Department of Corrections says 68-year-old Patricia Wilhite died Monday at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson.  She had been in nearby Central Mississippi Correctional Facility, serving life without parole. Wilhite was convicted of murder in 1998. The corrections department says “no foul play is suspected” in her death, and an autopsy will be done. Some of the deaths in Mississippi prisons have happened during violent outbursts.

That means no foul play suspected 22 times now.
SC

Anyone object if I resurrect this wonderfully-titled thread to muse on the future of convicted copper/wrestler Dezza 'The Crusher' Chauvin? I'm guessing they're probably not going to throw him to the lions of the general prison populace; he might get a neckache pretty quickly if so. He'll get, what, 10-15 years followed by a gig with WWE? I don't see him as a suicide risk in the slightest.

What do you reckon?

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

One way or another I don’t see Wayne Couzens living to a ripe old age in prison. 

It's not often I feel this much disgust for someone, but this bastard?

The pre-meditation is simply staggering, hiring a car three days before?

Driving her miles further than any local police station so she must have known?

Worst of all, using a warrant card without which she was never getting in a car with an unknown man and abusing the position of trust society placed in you as a member of the police to prevent exactly what you are now doing?

For what? To get your rocks off? 

The poor girl.

Prison is supposed to be the removal of freedom, not a torture chamber, but in this instance? Ah fuck it, you got it coming. Cunt.

As an aside I've always thought that plod was an odd calling, you have to be up for the physicality of dealing with the worst and most violent in society which you might imagine rarely appeals to people who don't enjoy a bit of a dust-up under other circumstances. So providing they can pass the vetting in the first place, you are almost bound to get some wrong'uns. And of course you do. This is another order though. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Worst of all, using a warrant card without which she was never getting in a car with an unknown man and abusing the position of trust society placed in you as a member of the police to prevent exactly what you are now doing?

The poor girl.

Prison is supposed to be the removal of freedom, not a torture chamber, but in this instance? Ah fuck it, you got it coming. Cunt.

As an aside I've always thought that plod was an odd calling, you have to be up for the physicality of dealing with the worst and most violent in society which you might imagine rarely appeals to people who don't enjoy a bit of a dust-up under other circumstances. So providing they can pass the vetting in the first place, you are almost bound to get some wrong'uns. And of course you do. This is another order though. 

Yup. Generally, I'm as desensitized to the stupidity and horror of what goes on in the world as anyone I know, but even I was taken aback by this story.

35 minutes ago, En Passant said:

The poor girl.

Also they're only telling us the bare minimal as he pleaded guilty so full details never went to public trial. They had to estimate when she died off when he was caught on CCTV going for snacks after killing her, ffs. Absolutely hellish case, even by the number of these sorts of incidents.

The complete pre-meditation and planning, as you say, also strikes me as someone who isn't a first time rapist or killer. 

Alas, I think he'll be fine - Tobin has more mates in prison than he ever did being Bible John and killing all those women and girls.

Tobin wasn't a copper though.

25 minutes ago, Toast said:

Tobin wasn't a copper though.

First sod to come to mind, what I meant is these guys have a habit of surviving. I don't think him being a cop will hasten a demise any faster - hell, it may seem him protected in solitary or what not and keep him going longer.

5 hours ago, msc said:

Alas, I think he'll be fine - Tobin has more mates in prison than he ever did being Bible John...

Only because he kept on killing them…

5 hours ago, msc said:

........ these guys have a habit of surviving.  I don't think him being a cop will hasten a demise any faster - hell, it may seem him protected in solitary or what not and keep him going longer.

I wonder what the justification is for this.

Absolute genius.

(If you are unfamiliar with 'Line Of Duty' some references will escape you)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A former Chicago police officer who was convicted in the shooting death of Black teenager Laquan McDonald was released from prison Thursday after serving less than half of his sentence.

A spokeswoman for the governor said Jason Van Dyke was released Thursday morning.

The police dashcam footage showed Van Dyke shoot McDonald 16 times, including several times after the teen had crumpled to the ground. The video, which city officials tried to keep the public from seeing for more than a year, put Chicago at the center of the national debate over law enforcement’s treatment of Black people and other minorities.

Van Dyke was the first Chicago police officer to be convicted of murder for an on-duty killing in roughly half a century.

I’m sure wherever Van Dyke goes he will be looking over his shoulder - as well he should — for a very long time.

SC

News 19 has been looking into the identity of a man Madison County Sheriff Kevin Turner said died in jail over the weekend.

The sheriff did not identify the man during a Tuesday morning news conference and did not take any questions from reporters. Instead, he shared a birth date and that the now-deceased man was arrested after being indicted for a 2016 murder.

Based on arrest records, Montarius Morris was the only inmate, with the birthdate and murder charges described by Sheriff Turner, in custody at the time the death was reported.

Arrest records show Morris was booked into the Madison County Jail on Feb. 5, at 4:31 a.m. Sheriff Turner said jail staff found him unresponsive after being in custody for a total of 28 hours.

SC