Lady Grendel

Ronnie James Dio

The man behind the vocals of the egotistically named band 'Dio', sang some of the best songs IMHO of the 1980's. I saw him live in 2002 and the rumours were he was 73 then.

I wonder how long he will survive in my lifetime?

The man behind the vocals of the egotistically named band 'Dio', sang some of the best songs IMHO of the 1980's. I saw him live in 2002 and the rumours were he was 73 then.

I wonder how long he will survive in my lifetime?

According to his wiki page he's a mere strapling at 66 but the year of his birth is a moot point. Whatever, he'll rock until he drops.

Dio de los Muertos? I wonder how his Elf is these days.

Diminutive heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio is hospital for unspecified reasons. Whatever might be wrong with him, it was enough to get his upcoming European tour cancelled and the dates will not be re-scheduled...

Hope he's o.k.

Heaven and Hell is as good an album a anything they did when Ozzy was in the band.

No news yet about what is actually wrong with him, apart from the obvious. According to Blabbermouth his wife

always reads and gives Ronnie all the kind words the fans send. Any mean ones she throws in the trash, where is where they belong.

I guess my messages asking if he's a good candidate for my DDP team next year haven't been read then....

Ronnie James Dio has "early stage" stomach cancer. That's not a good cancer to have, early diagnosis or not. He's probably got less than a 50% chance of surviving the next six months. :referee:

Ronnie James Dio has undergone his first chemotherapy session according to this update. Despite all the positive language, I don't think he's going to recover from this. There is no mention of him having had any surgery, nor does the article suggest any operation is forthcoming. Sadly for him, surgery is the only realistic hope of a cure for stomach cancer. If he doesn't go under the knife then I would imagine the chemotherapy is only a palliative measure, designed to prolong his life a little.

He'll probably announce a new world tour now 18.gif. I'm sorry to be so morbid on a thread started by Lady Grendel, who I know doesn't like all this sort of talk.

Ronnie James Dio has undergone his first chemotherapy session according to this update. Despite all the positive language, I don't think he's going to recover from this. There is no mention of him having had any surgery, nor does the article suggest any operation is forthcoming. Sadly for him, surgery is the only realistic hope of a cure for stomach cancer. If he doesn't go under the knife then I would imagine the chemotherapy is only a palliative measure, designed to prolong his life a little.

He'll probably announce a new world tour now 18.gif. I'm sorry to be so morbid on a thread started by Lady Grendel, who I know doesn't like all this sort of talk.

I don't? No idea why you thought that, RJD is on my list for next year and probably will be my joker.

With what the doctors do now, I would think he would have better than 50% chance over the next 6 months. Sure removal is a top line route but that bold option need not be his demise. Like you say no mention of that yet so it looks early enough to try a chemo' fix. Upshot of that, my ex-next door neighbour had that cancer and he lasted 3 years.

PS found a good site that said his chances (without removal) would be about 32% over a period of 1 year. Now that's a tad bleek!

I love Dio!

Holy Diver is a great album.

And Heaven and Hell by Sabbath with him at the vocals is probably one of their best.

That health update is gloriously vague; he's had 'hiccups' that got him into hospital for three days and now he's 'doing well.'

Nowt about cures, remission, or significant work beyond a few interviews.

And Heaven and Hell by Sabbath with him at the vocals is probably one of their best.

Although the original line up was awesome I loved Dio's vocal and Black Sabbath as a whole when RJD was up front.

One of the first singles I ever bought was ironically Sabbaths 'Die Young'.

Although the original line up was awesome I loved Dio's vocal and Black Sabbath as a whole when RJD was up front.

One of the first singles I ever bought was ironically Sabbaths 'Die Young'.

I'm not a huge fan of Sabbath, I can take them or leave them, to be honest I find them a bit boring to listen to. My favourite song of theirs has Dio on vocals - 'Sign of the Southern Cross' from the 'Mob Rules' album, the title track is my second favourite.

Unconfirmed reports say he died a few hours ago.

Unconfirmed reports now saying he's not dead......but in hospital in a bad way!

One of those unconfirmed reports is here.

No smoke without fire on this one IMHO, this site isn't a malicious gossip fest.

Looks like he has died. Statement from Wendy Dio:

Wendy Dio, wife/manager of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away.

"Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all.

"We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us.

"Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss.

"Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

Wendy Dio, wife/manager of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away.

I find it was quite rude of her not to let BC Alum know first, I mean he'll never get those three hours back. Imagine what he could have done in three hours? Answers on a humorous postcard honez...

There's more claims on teh interwebs that this is a hoax than confirmations from newsfeeds that it is real

No sorry, he really is wormfood

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

I find it was quite rude of her not to let BC Alum know first, I mean he'll never get those three hours back. Imagine what he could have done in three hours? Answers on a humorous postcard honez...

I lost three goddamn hours of sleep, dude!!!!

Anyway, RIP to an awesome rock legend. Part of me didn't want to see him go. On the other hand, more DP points for me!! :(

Rock on! :party: