Death in Pixie Boots

Sheikh Down

Hello darlings

Just back from a delicious smooze around the Arabian Gulf. Apparently that little sweetie the Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Jabir al-Ahmad al-Jabir al-Sabah isn't at all well.

But you're now going to tell me you've never heard of him.

So sad - Jabi always treated me so generously

Death comes to us all wearing Pixie Boots
ph34r.png

• Like 1

Well he certainly appears rather "al" but I wasnt aware that he was "ill" too.

I guess he may be famous enough just for being the Emir of Kuwait - I guess we have most of the year to deliberate on that one.

• Like 1

Rumour has it HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan (born 1918), the President of the UAE and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi, won't be with us for much longer.

The road named after him is supposedly the most dangerous in the world, which should be right up you lot's street!

Rumours of King Fahad's iminent demise do the rounds regularly, usually after a period when he hasn't been seen in publuc for a while.

I think it was 1998 when everyone you talked to believed he was dead (and had been for some time) and it was just a case of stage managing the announcement, and more importantly, his successor. Then he appears "live" on TV with the American president!

It's officail Sh Zayed has departed.

Nothing but Koranic readings on local TV and radio for a while

I'm sure its a Zayed day in Abu Dhabi and just a bit Al Nahyan that he didnt last so we could give him a spot on DeathList 2005...

[Why isn't there an official measurement standard for puns? With hindsight I fear these may be outside the accepted tolerance levels :blink: ]

• Like 1

This isn't quite the right topic, but I couldn't find a topic on dying royalty other than the UK ones, so here goes:

Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed al-Nahayan, a younger brother of Abu Dhabi's ruler and No 27 on Forbes's list of the world's most powerful people last year is MIA after a gliding accident in Morrocco.

BBC News: Abu Dhabi royal missing after glider crash into lake.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Right topic found, so post moved

What an aptly named thread to post this news in...

Sheik Ahmed bin Zayed Al Nahyan , 38, "the 27th most powerful person on Earth" according to Forbes magazine, has died after crashing his glider in to a lake in Morocco.

Princess Sattareh Farmanfarmaian of Persia has died aged 91. A unique hit for theme team Her Dead Highness, but so far not a single obituary in English let alone a major newspaper.

As the Saudi royals keep dropping like flies, I thought I would post a list of the remainder of Ibn Saud's 45 sons and their various health ailments:

• Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1923)
  • King Abdullah (1924, lots of surgeries, strokes? dementia?)
  • Mishaal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1926, strokes and other medical mishaps)
  • Abdul-Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Mutain bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1932)
  • Turki II bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1934)
  • Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1935, stroke, some say dementia)
  • Abdul Illah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1939)
  • Mamdouh bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1940)
  • Ahmed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1942)
  • Mashhur bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1942)
  • Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1945)

The president of the UAE has suffered a stroke, has had surgery, and is described as "stable".

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has been clincally dead since Wednesday, according to the Iranian Press.

Eighteen months later he is still there

However the BBC have some insights into his possible successors who are equally good potential DDP picks.

Hospitalized again (for 'medical checks').

Please make any last-minute changes to your 2015 deathlist accordingly.

Guest Valar Morghulis

Sorry, don't know why my link didn't take

Sorry, don't know why my link didn't take

Because you forgot to put a space between it and the last word of your post?

Allow me to repost the link: http://www.nytimes.c...-pneumonia.html

It's to a NYT article about King Abdullah, a person whose health I keenly monitor. BTW, his brothers, half brothers and cousins form a rich vein of picks for the near future.

regards,

Hein

Guest Anwar Muhammad, MD

Crown Prince Abdullah hospitalized with pneumonia. Could be my first hit!http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/world/middleeast/saudi-king-abdullah-is-hospitalized-with-pneumonia.html

He's no longer a crown prince… He's been on the throne for almost 10 years now. I'd say, given his history of medical problems, his age and notability, I'm surprised that he didn't make it to the list, but at least they have Rama XI of Thailand (aka Bhumibol Adulyadej).

Crown Prince Abdullah hospitalized with pneumonia. Could be my first hit!http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/world/middleeast/saudi-king-abdullah-is-hospitalized-with-pneumonia.html

He's no longer a crown prince… He's been on the throne for almost 10 years now. I'd say, given his history of medical problems, his age and notability, I'm surprised that he didn't make it to the list, but at least they have Rama XI of Thailand (aka Bhumibol Adulyadej).

Fuckin' 'ell.... are laxatives "haram" too?

Edit...

• Like 1