Sign in to follow this  
deadsox

Linda Uttley

DDP update? Will it change the positions?

Master Mind the winner? Has anyone told Mr Scream.

No, no, no and no, I'm afraid.

At last, a fitting tribute for one of the top 10ish SIGNIFICANT deaths of 2009. Now that's what I call recognition.

Ah, so there's hope for William Tenn yet!

By the way, is it just in North America that The Times takes forever to load?

No. The Guardian's a pig too. Just too much stuff. Blogs, polls, pictures, graphs, opinion, etc, etc....

Too fucking late...

Where does it say that the obituary has to be in the same year? http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/general/rul...nd_scoring.html

If Sargent Shriver dies on December 31 and gets an obituary on January 1st, does that not count then?

Au Contraire...

Too fucking late...

Where does it say that the obituary has to be in the same year? http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/general/rul...nd_scoring.html

If Sargent Shriver dies on December 31 and gets an obituary on January 1st, does that not count then?

Au Contraire...

Maybe you could put that in the rules section then. If it wouldn't kill you.

With respect 'guest', I will do what I fucking like and if it means accepting obits for those with 'Blancmange' as their middle name, I'll do it...

Guest Another guest

Too fucking late...

Au Contraire...

With respect 'guest', I will do what I fucking like and if it means accepting obits for those with 'Blancmange' as their middle name, I'll do it...

With respect, Der Mann im schwarzen, when exactly are you planning to invade Poland?

Too fucking late...

Au Contraire...

With respect, Der Mann im schwarzen, when exactly are you planning to invade Poland?

Ha, Ha, Ha. Ah, the Nazi argument means you've lost it son...and it took you over an hour to think of that!

Godwin's Law

And the moral of the story is...if you don't like the rules, piss off and form your own deadpool! ;)

Guest Probably not the last word

Too fucking late...

Au Contraire...

Ha, Ha, Ha. Ah, the Nazi argument means you've lost it son...and it took you over an hour to think of that!

Godwin's Law

And the moral of the story is...if you don't like the rules, piss off and form your own deadpool! ;)

Missing the Point

Sometimes this fallacy is used by people who want to prove something but do not know how, so they use any argument and then tack their desired conclusion on to the end. This is something that politicians often do.

This is effective persuasion when the listener does not work through the logic of the argument and is persuaded simply by the fact that some kind of argument is being used.

Missing the Point (or Ignorance of Refutation) is one of Aristotle's 13 fallacies.

Too fucking late...

Au Contraire...

Godwin's Law

Missing the Point

Sometimes this fallacy is used by people who want to prove something but do not know how, so they use any argument and then tack their desired conclusion on to the end. This is something that politicians often do.

This is effective persuasion when the listener does not work through the logic of the argument and is persuaded simply by the fact that some kind of argument is being used.

Missing the Point (or Ignorance of Refutation) is one of Aristotle's 13 fallacies.

No, I think you are missing the point. It was the rather sarcastic 'if it wouldn't kill you' line that did it. I pretty much wrote off my Christmas and attribute some costly mistakes at work because I was so knackered from inputting nearly 500 teams (and correcting them and changing them etc etc). No-one forced me of course, but I would appreciate that others appreciate that it's taking up a fair bit of time and energy which being wasted because of some pedantic twat.

So, I'm telling you nicely to fuck off and don't darken this forum again. I don't even want to smell your presence. Understand?

No, I think you are missing the point. It was the rather sarcastic 'if it wouldn't kill you' line that did it. I pretty much wrote off my Christmas and attribute some costly mistakes at work because I was so knackered from inputting nearly 500 teams (and correcting them and changing them etc etc). No-one forced me of course, but I would appreciate that others appreciate that it's taking up a fair bit of time and energy which being wasted because of some pedantic twat.

So, I'm telling you nicely to fuck off and don't darken this forum again. I don't even want to smell your presence. Understand?

Do not satisfy the hunger. The existence of this creature persists because one contributes to it. If you starve the creature, it dies. Its like the media in a way. If the media doesn't obtain a story, the story itself cannot grow. TMIB represents the media and guest represents the story. The story cannot be news without the media.

I snipped the quote cascade and will add my two Euro-cents.

First: the facts.

• TMB is the boss, dictator or beloved leader, whichever word you fancy, of DDP. He can do there what he fucking likes.
  • TMB does what he fucking likes in his own spare time for no monetary reward. The only things he gets from it are our undying admiration and lots of complaints and some abuse.
  • As the linked-to Wikipedia article about Godwin's Law makes clear, invoking the Law as some kind of argument is frowned upon and often considered as equally thread-ending as invoking the Nazi's as an argument.

My opinions.

• Guest's remarks, especially the invasion one, were uncalled for.
  • TMB's response was, while understandable, not very wise.
  • I don't particularly like this kind of pissing contest on our little forum.

As a final word, or rather picture, here's my advice:

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

regards,

Hein