Garn2

The Simpsons

Yeah I was pretty sure we did. Ok, well I'd say just rename it as 'The Simpsons' then, please.

As it was you that started the thread, so be it. :)

Its a shame we can't see the names of the medications more clearly in that photo, as this would enable us to pinpoint exactly what was going on. I've had another look and the medication for hiccups may be relevant. Hiccups in cancer patients are usually caused by a distended abdomen, which is in turn often the result of cancerous mass in the stomach area, or occasionally because of a large liver tumour pressing on to the stomach.

We'll have to wait and see. He'll probably make me look silly by turning out to have arthritis. :unsure:

• Like 1

Don Payne, who wrote 16 episodes, all of them terrible, has died. He also wrote the Thor movie and its forthcoming sequel.

I guess the upside of death for guys like him is not having to go to Comic-Con any more.

• Like 1

Another old Simpsons-related name I assume is still alive is Margaret Groening, Matt's mom and Marge Simpson's namesake. She was living in 2008 and I can't find anything saying that she died. She'd be 90 at this point.

Dead

Guest Sue Heck

Mr Burns had his 20 year college reunion in 1939. Assuming he was a prodigy student who started college early that means he is a minimum at least 110 years old. He has to be a safe pick next year if he survives 2013.

Nothing official yet, but various tweets from co-workers are saying that Marcia Wallace, voice of Mrs Krabappel and veteran of The Bob Newhart Show, has died aged 70.

Nothing official yet, but various tweets from co-workers are saying that Marcia Wallace, voice of Mrs Krabappel and veteran of The Bob Newhart Show, has died aged 70.

TMZ tweeted it too, sad loss. Wonder if they'll write out Mrs Krabappel?

Confirmation

Aaw. I was just watching the "Ned-liest Catch" episode on Sky1 yesterday, in which Flanders falls for Edna. Very good for a recent episode. And what about all those classic gags where Skinner and Krabappel get it on. I love that episode where they first get together and they end up barricading themselves in the school, and then Skinner comes out with a "bomb" that's made out of hot dogs.

Wow poor ned if they do write her out that's two wives he will have lost . I really hope they don't do a audition to find the next voice of miss Krabappel , Somehow though I have a feeling that's what they will do .

Wow poor ned if they do write her out that's two wives he will have lost . I really hope they don't do a audition to find the next voice of miss Krabappel , Somehow though I have a feeling that's what they will do .

Cant they just raid the old recordings and 'dub' the voices on to the newer cartoons?

Sad loss, reminds me I really need to get around to watching more of the Simpsons sometime. (older episodes anyway, don't really have any desire to watch the later stuff)

Cant they just raid the old recordings and 'dub' the voices on to the newer cartoons?

I suppose they could do that and get away with it for maybe a season , but it would mean no more episodes centered around miss Krabappel and to a lesser extent ned flanders. They would obviously need unique dialogue for new episodes with her in it if she was the focus of that episode. I haven't watched the simpsons in a while but that was the formula I remember, one episode would feature a story about one of the fringe characters.

come to think of it didn't they say a character was to be killed off soon , maybe they knew Marcia Wallace was dying .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10349679/The-Simpsons-who-will-be-killed-off.html

I suppose they could do that and get away with it for maybe a season , but it would mean no more episodes centered around miss Krabappel and to a lesser extent ned flanders. They would obviously need unique dialogue for new episodes with her in it if she was the focus of that episode. I haven't watched the simpsons in a while but that was the formula I remember, one episode would feature a story about one of the fringe characters.

come to think of it didn't they say a character was to be killed off soon , maybe they knew Marcia Wallace was dying .

http://www.telegraph...killed-off.html

Not according to producer Al Jean.

This was not Marcia’s Edna Krabappel. Marcia’s passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
  • Like 1

I cant imagine the Simpsons without Marcia Wallace ! Very sad news! The show must be near its own demise as well !

• Like 1

Nothing in the media yet, but Alex Rocco, Moe Green in The Godfather and Roger Meyers, Jr. on The Simpsons, has died aged 79 according to his daughter on Facebook.

Seems to have been in everything: the original Batman, Kojak, CHiPS, Family Guy etc etc.

According to IMDB, he was yet another student of Leonard Nimoy, like Dave Somerville who died last week. Leonard's obviously taking a class on the other side and calling all his old students back.

http://www.examiner.com/article/godfather-actor-alex-rocco-has-died

I cant imagine the Simpsons without Marcia Wallace ! Very sad news! The show must be near its own demise as well !

I might have been better for the long-term reputation of the show if it had finished years ago.

Fyvush Finkel has died aged 93. This thread is the only positive reference, though should probably go in Broadway...*shrug* http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/The-Artistic-Community-Mourns-the-Loss-of-Fyvush-Finkel-20160814#

Anyway some DDP teams need a qo.

Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3741687/Fyvush-Finkel-plastic-faced-character-actor-dead-93.html

Kevin Curran, writer of ten Simpsons episodes, dead aged 59 after cancer battle.

The only episode which stands out is "I'm Spelling As Fast as I Can", where Lisa is asked to take a fall in a spelling contest.

"Your word is "weather."
" Which one? Can you use it in a sentence?

"Certainly. I don't know whether the weather will improve."

"Alex, your word is "rigged" as in, "This contest is rigged."

We're talking 2003 - not exactly quote a minute stuff by that point.

Kevin Curran, writer of ten Simpsons episodes, dead aged 59 after cancer battle.

The only episode which stands out is "I'm Spelling As Fast as I Can", where Lisa is asked to take a fall in a spelling contest.

"Your word is "weather."

" Which one? Can you use it in a sentence?

"Certainly. I don't know whether the weather will improve."

"Alex, your word is "rigged" as in, "This contest is rigged."

We're talking 2003 - not exactly quote a minute stuff by that point.

Don't fear the roofer was pretty funny.
  • Like 1