VSBfromH

Rumours

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Judge Judy show to end in 2021 but apparently she is not retiring

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51703850

Ah yeah, she’s cashing out from that sweet, sweet check that Michael Bloomberg gave her. :D 

• Like 1

So... Spencer Davis dead again? Or it just came from nowhere?

8 minutes ago, drol said:

So... Spencer Davis dead again? Or it just came from nowhere?

Drummer has confirmed it.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Drummer has confirmed it.

So it seems.

On 02/04/2019 at 17:58, YoungWillz said:

Jason John from Big Fun being reported dead:

I just remembered this a few minutes ago when we were discussing 80s acts.

I see someone at this Stock Aitken Waterman blog has linked to DeathList and asked an open question about whether he's dead or not. Wiki have also removed his date of death due to it being unsourced. I know Mike Stock semi-acknowledged the death rumour in a subsequent tweet without actually confirming whether it was true or not. So now that the 2019 deaths are listed in the GRO and I'm a bit better at this, here's proof of his demise:

Jason John (aka Jason Herbert) is commonly cited to having been born 18 Mar 1967 in Coventry.

The only person with the surname Herbert who was both born in 1967 and died in 2019 according to the GRO is:

1026236835_ScreenShot2020-11-10at19_39_53.jpg.8bb18b2a7095477e1d02e76ce0809ddf.jpg

Reverse this in FreeBMD and we get our man's birth in Coventry (registered in the 2nd quarter even though he was born in the first, not uncommon though):

1932069744_ScreenShot2020-11-10at19_43_00.jpg.a0508dd8f0ad9c7257dd5a4b24431bfc.jpg

So, he's definitely dead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I see someone at this Stock Aitken Waterman blog has linked to DeathList and asked an open question about whether he's dead or not. Wiki have also removed his date of death due to it being unsourced. I know Mike Stock semi-acknowledged the death rumour in a subsequent tweet without actually confirming whether it was true or not. So now that the 2019 deaths are listed in the GRO and I'm a bit better at this, here's proof of his demise:

Jason John (aka Jason Herbert) is commonly cited to having been born 18 Mar 1967 in Coventry.

The only person with the surname Herbert who was both born in 1967 and died in 2019 according to the GRO is:

1026236835_ScreenShot2020-11-10at19_39_53.jpg.8bb18b2a7095477e1d02e76ce0809ddf.jpg

Reverse this in FreeBMD and we get our man's birth in Coventry (registered in the 2nd quarter even though he was born in the first, not uncommon though):

1932069744_ScreenShot2020-11-10at19_43_00.jpg.a0508dd8f0ad9c7257dd5a4b24431bfc.jpg

Fucking hell, you are the forums very own Sherlock Holmes!:sherlock:

:bow::bow:

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2018 at 18:02, gcreptile said:

Rajinikanth hospitalized again:

https://m.thewire.in/article/health/rajinikanth-hospitalised-after-severe-blood-pressure-fluctuations

It's roughly the 56th time in the past 5 years. He's a potential immortal, but still about 15 years too young.

On 25/12/2020 at 21:28, gcreptile said:

Rajinikanth hospitalized again:

https://m.thewire.in/article/health/rajinikanth-hospitalised-after-severe-blood-pressure-fluctuations

It's roughly the 56th time in the past 5 years. He's a potential immortal, but still about 15 years too young.

Discharged.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Rumours that the king of the Zulu, Goodwill Zwelithini, has died. Not true, the tribe says:

https://ewn.co.za/2021/02/11/ifp-s-buthelezi-dismisses-cruel-rumours-that-king-goodwill-zwelithini-has-died

But it is true he is in ICU with complications from diabetes (COVID?). That fucking Mangosuthu Buthelezi will survive them all, he has even recovered from COVID, which killed a lot of Zulus by their own admission recently.

On 11/02/2021 at 17:31, gcreptile said:

Rumours that the king of the Zulu, Goodwill Zwelithini, has died. Not true, the tribe says:

https://ewn.co.za/2021/02/11/ifp-s-buthelezi-dismisses-cruel-rumours-that-king-goodwill-zwelithini-has-died

Well, now it's true, Goodwill Zwelithini dead:

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/breaking-news-king-goodwill-zwelithini-has-died-d50db7ab-9718-4af5-b698-ea7c5ef04543

• Like 2

On 11/02/2021 at 18:35, drol said:

That fucking Mangosuthu Buthelezi will survive them all, he has even recovered from COVID, which killed a lot of Zulus by their own admission recently.

Mangosuthu Buthelezi's successor as Premier of KwaZulu-Natal (Chief Minister of Kwazulu during Buthelezi's times), Frank Mdlalose, has died aged 89:

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/2467619/kzns-first-premier-dr-frank-mdlalose-passes-on-from-covid-19/

On 04/04/2021 at 18:01, arghton said:

Mangosuthu Buthelezi's successor as Premier of KwaZulu-Natal (title was called Chief Minister of Kwazulu during Buthelezi's times), Frank Mdlalose, has died aged 89:

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/2467619/kzns-first-premier-dr-frank-mdlalose-passes-on-from-covid-19/

Frank Mdlalose's successor as Premier of KwaZulu-Natal, Ben Ngubane, has died aged 79:

https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/south-africa/2021-07-12-former-kzn-premier-and-eskom-board-chair-ben-ngubane-succumbs-to-covid-19/

(Lionel Mtshali, Ngubane's successor already died in 2015. Buthelezi? Still alive)

Also, both Ngubane and Mdlalose died of covid while Buthelezi survived it.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 19:52, Ulitzer95 said:

So I have reached Big Fun in my research.

Wiki still doesn't have Jason Herbert dead on either his own page or on the Big Fun page. Disappointing we can't use the evidence above to get this fixed.

48 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So I have reached Big Fun in my research.

Wiki still doesn't have Jason Herbert dead on either his own page or on the Big Fun page. Disappointing we can't use the evidence above to get this fixed.

Just link the GRO link to his page, it should stick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Just link the GRO link to his page, it should stick.

I'm not an editor of Wiki, wouldn't know the first thing about how to go about it! Took me three years on here to work out spoilers and how to do a link within text...hopeless, me. :D

• Haha 1

@YoungWillz I’ll take a look at it when I get some time after the weekend. As OoO says, it should stick but there are some really pedantic editors on there who hate “original research”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@YoungWillz I’ll take a look at it when I get some time after the weekend. As OoO says, it should stick but there are some really pedantic editors on there who hate “original research”.

Crazy, isn't it.   Everything has to originate somewhere.

• Like 2

I am (or was until a few months ago) a prolific editor on Wikipedia.  The last reference cited on the Jason Herbert page links to a site you have to be logged in to view.  It would be better (or so I think) if someone who can access the GRO site can take a screen-shot of the relevant page/image and upload it to a file-hosting site such as imgur.com, and then link to that, if possible.

5 minutes ago, natquen said:

I am (or was until a few months ago) a prolific editor on Wikipedia.  The last reference cited on the Jason Herbert page links to a site you have to be logged in to view.  It would be better (or so I think) if someone who can access the GRO site can take a screen-shot of the relevant page/image and upload it to a file-hosting site such as imgur.com, and then link to that, if possible.

Not the fault/problem of the editor. Many sources on Wiki are behind login requirements/paywalls.

LA Times, NYTimes, Telegraph, The Times as media sources. Then sites like Who's Who, Brittanica, Debretts etc. for biographical sources.

I would suggest instead that if you wish to check it, you sign up to the GRO Index. It will take you the entirety of 2 minutes and it's free.

I often find the links on Wikipedia only take me to the current page of a publication, rather than the intended article.