His sister was put to sleep today. I know a lot of people don't like cats, but I was very fond of her and I'll miss her.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Concerning the bolded part: I believe the right word is worshipped. It's a well known fact that people don't keep cats, cats keep people.

regards,

Hein

My condolences. Perhaps they will live again though. I'm convinced "our" dog was a cat in a previous life.

Reality show Teen Mom's dog is dying of parvo.
I see no reason to type her name, the post is about the teen mom's pet after all.
Sir C.

One of my pet guinea pigs has cancer and any treatments are far too expensive to be feasible, so all focus is on keeping her comfortable. She only has a few months, naturally distraught over this news :( But she has had a good life at about 4 1/2 years of good health.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. We used to keep gerbils, cancer is quite common in rodents - one lived a year and a half "terminally ill" (but he was a right character - genuinely liked him more than most of my inlaws), but the others went downhill very rapidly.

• Like 1

For humans it's the circle of life, for gerbils it's the wheel of misfortune.

• Like 1

Always sad to lose a pet. Coming up to a year since my own loss. Got another little doggy, but still miss him every day.

• Like 2

One of my pet guinea pigs has cancer and any treatments are far too expensive to be feasible, so all focus is on keeping her comfortable. She only has a few months, naturally distraught over this news :( But she has had a good life at about 4 1/2 years of good health.

We have 11 Guinea Pigs (we used to have many more) but it is still sad every time we lose one. Fortunately with GPs they do not linger and suffer.

• Like 1

11 guinea pigs, wow. I just have two, which I see as the minimum requirement for them given they're such social animals they need at least one companion. I too can vouch from past experience how quickly they decline, one of my previous pigs had an URI the other I think was too shaken by the other one's death that she just sort of gave up. This is the first time I've dealt with cancer in a guinea pig though but I'm doing all I can to make her time left as enjoyable as possible.

I'm sorry, DI.

Got a new black female kitten (11 weeks or so) about 6 days ago. Never owned a cat before. Basically a birthday present for my (now) 6 year old daughter.

SC

She was put down today, much sooner than expected but alas that's how it goes with rodents sometimes. Was even doing alright last night but she went downhill very rapidly this morning and knew it was the humane thing to do. I'll miss her a lot but at least will always have the memories.

• Like 1

She was put down today, much sooner than expected but alas that's how it goes with rodents sometimes. Was even doing alright last night but she went downhill very rapidly this morning and knew it was the humane thing to do. I'll miss her a lot but at least will always have the memories.

Sucks to make 'the humane' decision for our animal friends. Even if we know it's for the best. Poor Guinea pig :-(

• Like 2

You have my condolences. It's always sad when pets go, I think we can all say that.
  • Like 1

Doesn't qualify as a pet but whern a swan hangs him or herself, this is worth mentioning. This happened in the Netherlands, and no, it was no prank. This is what happens if you fly too close to the trees.

This actually happened.

zwaan2.jpg

• Like 1

Got my second dog today. I've got a Labrador who is twelve. Although he comes on five mile runs with me and is in great condition I know he can't go on forever. This latest addition will hopefully give him a new lease of life and soften the blow for the family slightly when his time comes as we will be in bits.

First day hasn't exactly gone to plan as he looks really pissed off at having to share the house with a playful two year old and isn't hiding his disappointment. keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 3

On second thoughts, I may have given away TMI in this post so have edited.

Doesn't qualify as a pet but whern a swan hangs him or herself, this is worth mentioning. This happened in the Netherlands, and no, it was no prank. This is what happens if you fly too close to the trees.

This actually happened.

zwaan2.jpg

I was walking to a store one day a few years back and looked up at the trees and in one there was a cat who had hung himself by his collar in the branches.

When I got back home I called animal control to come and fish him out of the tree. It didn't look like he had been there that long. Only a few hours at most.

I read it and and I learned bugger all about you, infact, Im pretty sure you must work for MI5 or something or was Secret Squirrel.

Toastie, you are still deep, deep, deep undercover. :D

This actually happened.

zwaan2.jpg

I was walking to a store one day a few years back and looked up at the trees and in one there was a cat who had hung himself by his collar in the branches.

When I got back home I called animal control to come and fish him out of the tree. It didn't look like he had been there that long. Only a few hours at most.

You could have at least tried to get it down, you know, throw some bricks at it?

• Like 1

This actually happened.

zwaan2.jpg

You could have at least tried to get it down, you know, throw some bricks at it?

Would you roast it or do a curry?

• Like 2

This actually happened.

zwaan2.jpg

It also happened to me. I roasted and ate the cat, the collar, the tree and the animal control.

• Like 5

This actually happened.

zwaan2.jpg

Id curry the cat and roast the swan.

That actually sounds like puppet names for a wank Cbeebies TV programme.

• Like 1

I read it and and I learned bugger all about you, infact, Im pretty sure you must work for MI5 or something or was Secret Squirrel.

Toastie, you are still deep, deep, deep undercover. :D

I didn't mean you lot.

I just thought if any of the locals happened to stumble across it, they might recognise the situations described and ID me.

When London Zoo first opened, you got in for free if you brought a cat or dog to feed to the lions.

• Like 1