I experienced it many times. A terrible moment in everyone's life.

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Had to have my cat euthanised today. Gutted. He always jumped up on my shoulders when I'd come in from work and I taught him to high five me.  I'm gonna miss that moggie. 

He sounds as if he was a right character - it blooming hurts when ye have to say goodbye.

Horrible for you.   I hate it that their lives are so short.

Condolences Paul. Not good.

However, 'taught it to high five'..... It was one of those Hitler cats, wasn't it?

Oh Paul, that's shit. Sorry to hear it.

Sorry to hear about your feline friend, PB.  

So way back when I got married and like the Brady Bunch we each brought a dog into the relationship.  Mine died 2004.
So 13+ years ago my then wife's dog died, and I laid down the law 'no new dogs' for a while cuz we can't travel etc.  Which meant two days later we had a lab-shepherd mix named Ruby.
Ex-wife posted that Ruby died yesterday, 13+ years.  She was a good girl -- dog wasn't bad either.  Anyway, Ruby the Thug as I called her had a good run.  RIP.

SC

31117766_10216146040903227_7858301820957884416_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Here’s something a happy thing for this thread for a change: My grandparents (the ones that I stay at on my vacation) owned a dog for six years. Neither of them really want him, so our family is now getting him. His name is Scamp, and he’s a very lovely dog. Here’s a picture of him (and yes, that is my hand petting him). ^_^

63BADE75-56BD-4CBE-8E6E-BD3EEBE51087.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

A look of utter hatred :lol:

• Haha 1

Yip.That is a lovely dug but he is going to eat you one day, Joey. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Catsitting today. I'm a dog person and know nothing about cats. This purrty cat looks like it's planning my 'accidental death', but the fact we're in the same room makes me feel like I've done something right... right? :lol:

Screenshot_20180714-162932.png.2d9ebd589d3d4ba2e8c3d465b2db2ae9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bleach man, bleach.

Kill the undead no righter.

One my family’s cats was found dead today. Not really surprising as he has been pretty frail as of late and he was pretty old, but still a sad loss nonetheless. 

• Sad 4

I am on a guilt trip this week, I had my dog neutered yesterday and he looks so forlorn and miserable, especially with the cone on his head.

John McCain's dog, Burma, who was a constant companion to the late senator during his final months at the family home near Sedona, has died in a "tragic accident."
SC

On 05/10/2017 at 08:20, Joey Russ said:

The male dog I'm pretty sure has very limited hearing at this point. While he never was the greatest listener, I now have to go up close in order for him to listen to me, which was even unusual for. Besides that and being a little frail, he's doing okay at the moment

And now he’s gone. :( 

Lived a good long life though...

• Sad 10

Looking after this little fella for a couple of weeks........ What could possibly go wrong? 

image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Looking after this little fella for a couple of weeks........ What could possibly go wrong? 

image.png

:o

• Haha 1

Said goodbye to my old guinea pig tonight. He had a wonderful 7 and a half years but his health was declining in recent weeks, and he took a drastic downturn today. I knew it was going to happen in the near future - 7 and a half is very old for a guinea pig - but they go down so quickly that it hits real hard when it actually happens. :(

• Sad 10

Yesterday we said goodbye to my daughter's 18 year old cat. We have known this has been coming for quite a while but it is still really hard.

• Sad 9

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Yesterday we said goodbye to my daughter's 18 year old cat. We have known this has been coming for quite a while but it is still really hard.

I know what kind of loss it is because I lost my cat last year and I still miss him every single day.
I am very sorry for you and your family and wish you a lot of strength and cohesion.

• Thanks 1

Our cat passed away this morning, 17 years old. First couple of years we barely saw her since she was always off on adventures and catching all sorts of animals. As she grew older she began to appreciate the luxuries of life indoors more and more, often allowed to stay inside during the evenings. Last month she had her 17th birthday and although she had some problems such as weight loss, I could still see her reach 18, let alone 2022. The last couple of days she went downhill quickly, not running anymore, eating less and often failing at jumping. Mom found her this morning, laying peacefully in her blanket. Only "good" I can think of is that she didn't suffer needlessly and we didn't have to let the vet put her down. She will be deeply missed, RIP Lisa :(

• Sad 3

Sad for you, but lovely that she chose when to go, and spared you that horrible decision.  That doesn't seem to happen very often. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1