On 12/09/2017 at 15:12, The Ashes Urn said:

My female budgie, Jacqueline, has died today of liver disease aged 4. During the last few days she was active, but suddenly, yesterday, her health began to fail and she died today. I'm quite saddened for her mate, Trevor, who is very distraught and nervous, he thinks that she is going to return to the cage. This is the second time that Trevor has lost a mate.

My male budgie Trevor has died today aged 10. Although he had an advanced age for a budgie, he was in good health and wasn't sick or had any health problems. But I think this is the best way, instead of seeing him in declining health and deteriorating.

• Sad 3

She's adjusting great to Metro Detroit.

IMG_20220417_142820.jpg

• Haha 1

After being spoilt for the last 12 1/2 years I lost my Duke to cancer today, heartbroken dosen't even come close.

IMG-20230516-WA0005.jpg

20230312_190206.jpg

• Sad 14

The oldest of my four family cats died today. She was diagnosed with kidney disease last month and I'm grateful I visited her shortly after the diagnosis as I wasn't bracing for her to decline this quickly. From mom's updates in the past 3-4 days I knew deep down she was ready to go but it still really hurts. She was a lovely cat.

I was a teenager when the family got her and she was the first cat I had explicit memories of getting. The cats I grew up with were gotten either before I was born or still a baby, and all died 2008-2010. She knew two of those cats and was really close with one of them. Now she's gone too. Time is sobering.

• Sad 14

A proper DL dug toy: Headstone (w squeaker)

IMG_7506.jpeg

IMG_7507.jpeg

• Like 3

Farewelled my old guinea pig today. She was a right character, a skittish bug-eyed little thing made of far sterner stuff than you'd think. Lived long enough to witness three presidencies, two monarchies, five prime ministers, and four permanent Jeopardy hosts. She would've been worthy of the drol immortal list were she remotely famous, she rebounded fully from multiple health scares and even in the end lasted over a month in hospice. The final few days were a real struggle so there is a sense of relief, but will miss her dearly :(

• Sad 13

5 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Farewelled my old guinea pig today. She was a right character, a skittish bug-eyed little thing made of far sterner stuff than you'd think. Lived long enough to witness three presidencies, two monarchies, five prime ministers, and four permanent Jeopardy hosts. She would've been worthy of the drol immortal list were she remotely famous, she rebounded fully from multiple health scares and even in the end lasted over a month in hospice. The final few days were a real struggle so there is a sense of relief, but will miss her dearly :(

Very sorry. Guinea pigs are such little bundles of joy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Sorry to hear that. 

• Thanks 1

image.png.6013333af2c4ed50f76e4ed11ccda019.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Death Impends said:

My condolences, it's a difficult time to say goodbye to a pet, we take in the love, it's like family

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1