Sign in to follow this  
lunatic

John Hartson Diagnosed With Brain Cancer

Posted in wrong area.

Should be in the Time Added thread...

I think a stand alone thread for John Hartson is in order. Now, with the news that the Doctors have picked up that he has lung cancer to add to the spread of testicular cancer to his brain.

I think a stand alone thread for John Hartson is in order. Now, with the news that the Doctors have picked up that he has lung cancer to add to the spread of testicular cancer to his brain.

Link

Looks like he is fooked.

Looks like he is done for - just goes to show how an early diagnosis might have saved him.

A tremendous shock - 34 is far too young to go if he doesn't pull through. I remember him at Luton as a teenager & he did a good job for Wales, for which we will be thankful - maybe not everyone's cup of tea.. but he generally scored the goals to shut people up.

Looks like he is done for - just goes to show how an early diagnosis might have saved him.

A tremendous shock - 34 is far too young to go if he doesn't pull through. I remember him at Luton as a teenager & he did a good job for Wales, for which we will be thankful - maybe not everyone's cup of tea.. but he generally scored the goals to shut people up.

He also kicked heads in to shut people up, as Eyal Berkovic would testify.

You say that like it's a bad thing? :referee:

You say that like it's a bad thing? :referee:

Well, er, no.

My neigbour will very soon ( if he doesnt stop pissing me off ) have the sh*t beaten out of him.

It has its good points Lardy, my sweet.

You just watch, given the sh*te I saw on trial in Carlisle's friendly with Workington last weekend, Greg Abbott will make a bid to bring Hartson to Brunton Park next season.

Really sorry to hear about this, he was a very popular player at Celtic. There may be a few ex Celtic players worrying tonight if they will be next, if Hartson dies he will be the 3rd youngish ex Celt to die in the last 19 months after Phil O'Donnell (Dec '07) and Tommy Burns (May '08) :referee: . Alan Stubbs beat testicular cancer a few years ago while a Celtic player, wonder how his health is these days.

You just watch, given the sh*te I saw on trial in Carlisle's friendly with Workington last weekend, Greg Abbott will make a bid to bring Hartson to Brunton Park next season.

I find your dedication and passion heartwarming and inspiring.

You, and that whole legion of fans who trundle into the most Godforsaken of grounds to watch Footie at its most raw, are what Football is all about Mary.

It may have been sh*te but you will still be there next time!

More power to your elbow Sir.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8157312.stm

Dr Gianfilippo Bertelli, a consultant medical oncologist, said earlier this week that a course of radiotherapy and chemotherapy would be started as soon as possible and that he could foresee many months of treatment.

Wonder if he foresees as many as six, hmmmm.

I find your dedication and passion heartwarming and inspiring.

You, and that whole legion of fans who trundle into the most Godforsaken of grounds to watch Footie at its most raw, are what Football is all about Mary.

It may have been sh*te but you will still be there next time!

More power to your elbow Sir.

Cheers, though I can probably spare one saturday in November to sink pints with my fellow ghouls.

Discharged from hospital.

Health update. He's just finished his chemotherapy and apparently the next few weeks will be crucial in determining how much cancer remains in his system. So by Christmas he should know if he's escaped by the skin of his teeth, or if he's a gonner. I hope he lets us know. :rolleyes:

Health update. He's just finished his chemotherapy and apparently the next few weeks will be crucial in determining how much cancer remains in his system. So by Christmas he should know if he's escaped by the skin of his teeth, or if he's a gonner. I hope he lets us know. :rolleyes:

I can't make out if that was the end of his first raft of chemo or the total end of his series of chemo? Was under the impression that the latter sessions are really very tough. Does'nt look like it is done with him yet in my view. Plus he still needs at least one fairly serious opperation. Wish him well like, but we will have to keep an ear to the ground - often in these cases no news is bad news.

Interview with John Hartson. Sounds hopeful for him, with a wedding and a child on the horizon, but
I'm not home and dry.

I confess I'm not totally au fait with all the developments of the story but I'm aware that it all started as testicular cancer. And I couldn't help but be mildly startled by the start of the video clip which starts on JH's face and quickly pans down to him cutting a ribbon right by his crotch.

Anybody else catch themselves staring at his testicular area, looking for unusual shapes or missing bits?

No?

Just me then. :referee:

Sorry guys - forgot to post that John Hartson was on Radio 5 live yesterday - Gabby Logan (I did say Roslin, what was I thinking?) show I think - only heard a bit of it. Still sounds like he is fully top-side of his recovery.

Sorry guys - forgot to post that John Hartson was on Radio 5 live yesterday - Gabby Roslin show I think - only heard a bit of it. Still sounds like he is fully top-side of his recovery.

Hmm, not Radio Five dead then. He's in my DDP team. Bad pick.

Sorry guys - forgot to post that John Hartson was on Radio 5 live yesterday - Gabby Roslin show I think - only heard a bit of it. Still sounds like he is fully top-side of his recovery.

Hmm, not Radio Five dead then. He's in my DDP team. Bad pick.

Mmmmmm.... Is he a gunner or a goner? Or, more accurately, an ex-gunner and an ex-goner? (see what I did there?).