Death Watch Beatle

Johnnie Walker - how's he doing?

Johnny has not been doing his Radio 2 show for 6 months or more now, I think he was diagnosed with cancer (of the throat?) and was having treatment. He was tipped to come back to work after the appalling Noel Edmonds stand-in stint was up, but no sign of him - is he knocking on the door or what?

DWB

Edited by Paul Bearer
Spelling corrected.

Thanx Death Watch - I didnt realise Johnny Walker was in such a bad way.

He brings back pleasant memories of Ray Moore - one of the few successes on the 1989 list.

Gents

Johnnie Walker (not to be confused with the inventor of whiskey) is pencilled in for a return to his show in early Feb

Update on health here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/walker/jw_message.shtml

I suggest a watching brief

Mr Stats

Quite frankly I thought he wasn't going to make it. But apparently he will. Good O.

Now talking about Radio 2 DJ's who've had extra long stints off for illness but still made it back, how's Jimmy Young ??

Greetings to the Yeti - Member No. 51?????

Calling Grim "webmaster" Reaper - if we had 37 members before the big hairy one became a member - what happened next? I looked this morning and thought a whole rugby team had joined up.

DWB ;)

Ooh well observed DWB!

The answer is there are only 37 members currently, however we had to cull a few strange new members a few weeks ago . They never posted and all had weird names. It may have been the start of some hack attack from a disgruntled Pat Roach fan!

So The Yeti is the 51st member to be sign up but there are 14 dead members.

Lets hope I dont have to swing my sickle again!

So now we have a Death List of Death List Members ?

14 / 50 seems a high number, but I see that's what you scored in the real world last year too. Do we take odds on ourselves lasting a year now ? ;)

I can't imagine what drove them to choose weird names though :P

Anyway, isn't a name like 'Pat Roach' weird enough ? I mean, who would want to (Auf Wiedersehn) pet a cockroach anyway ?

It may have been the start of some hack attack from a disgruntled Pat Roach fan!

Say what you like, but my money is on Rikki's sycophantics...

So . . . the invasion has begun. 149 people on line at one time. That makes 140 odd Rikki or Pat raiders in the system. I'm sure I speak for all DL members when I say - I SHALL DEFEND THE LIST TO THE DEATH!

DWB ;)

Well spotted DWB - frankly the 149 visitors made me a little nervous - but our provider held up admirably.

Lets not point the finger at Rikki or Pat fans without any evidence. Im more concerned that Stephen Hawking has been reading up about Denial of Service attacks.

Putting the server attack to one side for a moment, I notice Johnny is back on the radio and sounding particularly chirpy. So we can stand-down the hearse.

DWB ;)

Guest Guest_sidburyman

How about that smooth doyen of radio, Johnnie Walker for next year's list? Johnnie's had the well-publicised treatment for cancer and his return to radio earlier this year, but surely the nail in the coffin is that he won some lifetime achievement award recently. I mean, if that's not a death sentence what is? They did the same to Dusty Springfield a few years back, the bastards. One moment lifetime achievement award, the next rigor mortis. Just imagine sitting there at an award ceremony and being voted that prize, it would be just like seeing the Grim Reaper up there and having to shake his hand.

Damn.

Wrong John.

Anyone heard why Stuart Maconie is covering for three weeks at the moment? Normally they say "as Johnny's on holiday" or something like that, but this time absolutely nada.

Terry Wogan has got 3 weeks hols, so Walker is doing his morning show and so he isn't on in the evenings as well.

DWB :angry:

Guest iain

the irony is that while Johnnie Walker seems to be recovering well from his cancer,the guy he took over from on radio 2 ,John Dunn ,died of the same disease last november..and I didnt even know he was ill!

If I was the union boss down at Radio Two I'd be demanding health and safety checks on the chair used for that drivetime show.

If I was the union boss down at Radio Two I'd be demanding health and safety checks on the chair used for that drivetime show.

Can we not get Terry Wogan to sit on it? Or even better, Sarah Kennedy?

Now now, Sir Terry keeps me entertained on my way to work every morning - more than can be said for my work once I get there!

Bit of a pointless thread. The man seems to be in top notch health.

Good health or not, the DL will see 'em all out in the end. Assuming we live long enough that is.

Johnny has not been doing his Radio 2 show for 6 months or more now, I think he was diagnosed with cancer (of the throat?) and was having treatment. He was tipped to come back to work after the appalling Noel Edmonds stand-in stint was up, but no sign of him - is he knocking on the door or what?

DWB

Just changed the photo on his website and looks fine to me.