Vaagheid

Voice Actors

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You mean we have to have a favourite? :huh:

I'll pick Ennio Morricone, then. Gawd bless him.

Hah, not necessarily, no, I reference Wilson as Pan Breed favorite, as she were in my first ever deadpool team, and kept winding up in them, and ever since I noticed, I try and add her into at least one team a year now. Just one of those things that arose by accident, which amuses. Also she's quite cool, really. 

(DI pointed out he was much the same with the late June...)

Ennio is cool, though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Peter Falk

Wait, who was he again? 

Darn, was really rooting for her to make 100. :( But alas it wasn't to be, only for her to get around Zsa Zsa territory. But at the end of the day, 99 is still a heck of an age. RIP to a voice acting giant, and my numerous onsite deadpools will definitely feel empty without her around next year.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2017 at 23:10, Sir Creep said:

Voice actor Randy Schell, the man behind promos for AMC's hit series "The Walking Dead," was killed Saturday in a skydiving accident in Houston.

Schell, a licensed and experienced skydiver, collided with a second jumper in mid-air after both deployed their parachutes at Skydive Spaceland Houston, leaving Schell's parachute collapsed. The second jumper was treated for a leg injury.
SC

Who'd have thought skydiving could be so dangerous? 

Here's a quick list of the (presumed) living voice actors from the first 20 Disney Animated Classics. It includes both credited and uncredited performers. Quite a few of them only ever had a small speaking role in a single film, and so I doubt they would get an obituary meaning a few of these could already be dead. The most recent film to have no surviving cast is The Lady and The Tramp (1955). The oldest surviving Disney Princess is Mary Costa, who voiced Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty and is aged 87.

Snow White 

Pinocchio: Patricia Page

Fantasia: Corey Burton, Hugh Douglas, Tim Matheson

Dumbo: Harold Manley, Tony Neil, Billy Sheets

Bambi: Stan Alexander, Bobette Audrey, Peter Behn, Janet Chapman, Jeanne Christy, Dolyn Bramston Cook, Donnie Dunagan, Ann Gillis, Babs Nelson, Sandra Lee Richards, Francesca Santoro, Bobby Stewart

Saludos Amigos

The Three Caballeros: Dora Luz 

Make Mine Music 

Fun and Fancy Free

Melody Time

The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr Toad: Edmond Stevens

Cinderella: William Phipps, Earl Keen, John Woodbury, Lucille Williams, Clint McCauley, June Sullivan, Helen Seibert

Alice in Wonderland: Kathryn Beaumont, Bob Hamlin

Peter Pan: Kathryn Beaumont, Paul Collins, Tony Butala, Carol Coombs, Connie Hilton, Margaret Kerry, Karen Kester, Johnny McGovern, Norma Jean Nilsson, Jeffrey Silver, Stuffy Singer, Anne Whitfield

Lady and the Tramp 

Sleeping Beauty: Mary Costa

101 Dalmatians: Cate Bauer, David Frankham, Lisa Davis, Mickey Maga, Barbara Beaird, Mimi Gibson, Sandra Abbott, Jeanne Bruns

The Sword in the Stone: Richard Reitherman, Robert Reitherman, Fred Darian

The Jungle Book: Bruce Reitherman, Clint Howard, Chad Stuart, Lord Tim Hudson, Darleen Carr, Leo DeLyon, Pete Henderson

The Aristocats: Lord Tim Hudson, Dean Clark, Liz English, Monica Evans, Carole Shelley, Roddy Maude-Roxby, Ruth Buzzi, Peter Renaday

• Like 5

You can cross out Fun and Fancy Free, as Mortimer Snerd and Charlie McCarthy were Edgar Bergen's dummies rather than real people.

• Like 1

Such a shame she got so close to 100 without making it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

You can cross out Fun and Fancy Free, as Mortimer Snerd and Charlie McCarthy were Edgar Bergen's dummies rather than real people.

Thought they looked a bit stiff in their pictures.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Here's a quick list of the (presumed) living voice actors from the first 20 Disney Animated Classics. It includes both credited and uncredited performers. Quite a few of them only ever had a small speaking role in a single film, and so I doubt they would get an obituary meaning a few of these could already be dead. The most recent film to have no surviving cast is The Lady and The Tramp (1955). The oldest surviving Disney Princess is Mary Costa, who voiced Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty and is aged 87.

Snow White 

Bambi: Stan Alexander, Bobette Audrey, Peter Behn, Janet Chapman, Jeanne Christy, Dolyn Bramston Cook, Donnie Dunagan, Ann Gillis, Babs Nelson, Sandra Lee Richards, Francesca Santoro, Bobby Stewart

Saludos Amigos

Make Mine Music 

Fun and Fancy Free: Mortimer Snerd, Charlie McCarthy

Melody Time

Cinderella: William Phipps, Earl Keen, John Woodbury, Lucille Williams, Clint McCauley, June Sullivan, Helen Seibert

Peter Pan: Kathryn Beaumont, Paul Collins, Tony Butala, Carol Coombs, Connie Hilton, Margaret Kerry, Karen Kester, Johnny McGovern, Norma Jean Nilsson, Jeffrey Silver, Stuffy Singer, Anne Whitfield

Lady and the Tramp 

101 Dalmatians: Cate Bauer, David Frankham, Lisa Davis, Mickey Maga, Barbara Beaird, Mimi Gibson, Sandra Abbott, Jeanne Bruns

The Jungle Book: Bruce Reitherman, Clint Howard, Chad Stuart, Lord Tim Hudson, Darleen Carr, Leo DeLyon, Pete Henderson

The Aristocats: Lord Tim Hudson, Dean Clark, Liz English, Monica Evans, Carole Shelley, Roddy Maude-Roxby, Vasilis Platakis, Ruth Buzzi, Peter Renaday

This is the type of research that I like. Might stuff one or two of them on a B Team if I come around to making one...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Snow White 

Saludos Amigos

Make Mine Music 

Fun and Fancy Free

Melody Time

Lady and the Tramp 

The Aristocats: Lord Tim Hudson, Dean Clark, Liz English, Monica Evans, Carole Shelley, Roddy Maude-Roxby, Vasilis Platakis, Ruth Buzzi, Peter Renaday

You best add Song of the South quickly before Mugabe appears to tell you you're a racist...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You best add Song of the South quickly before Mugabe appears to tell you you're a racist...

It's Margaret Thatcher, she doesn't give a damn if she's called a racist or not. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Song of the South ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Foray's death also made me wonder - who becomes the oldest living voice actor, only counting those primarily known as VAs? I think the answer is Doug Young, a Hanna-Barbera regular for minor roles during the 1960s (one of his few title characters being Doggie Daddy) who was born in 1919 and very low profile but seemingly still alive. Mark Evanier did a radio chat with him a decade ago so I'd assume if he went Evanier's blog would make mention of it, albeit very unlikely he QOs.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 13:23, gcreptile said:

Now a "The Walking Dead" stuntman falls from 20ft height and suffers heavy injuries:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-stuntman-hospitalized-head-injury-set-fall-1020838

Is this "The Walking Dead"'s fall from grace?

The Walking Dead cast, crew, and producers are still reeling from tragedy after stuntman John Bernecker’s death earlier this month. But the show has resumed production and Bernecker’s death will not affect story lines on the upcoming season, The Walking Dead executive producer Robert Kirkman told reporters after an AMC Visionaries panel at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Saturday.

Well that's a relief!
SC

God forbid the death of a man gets in the way of your TV programing!

• Haha 2

Disney Villains List

Pat Carrol (1927) Ursula - The Little Mermaid

Jonathon Freeman (1950) Jafar - Aladdin

Jeremy Irons (1948) Scar - The Lion King

David Ogden-Steirs (1942) Gov. Ratcliffe - Pocahontas 

James Woods (1947) Hades - Hercules 

Brian Blessed  (1936) Clayton - Tarzan

Brian Murray  (1937) Long John Silver - Treasure Planet

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Robert Guillaume, the voice of Rafiki in Disney's The Lion King, has died at 89.

330px-Robert_Guillaume_(1980).jpg

download.jpg

Are you going to post Brett Favre as an actor cuz he was in Something About Mary?
I mean, the first thing anyone thinks of when thinking of Guillaume is 'voice actor'.

SC

"What we going to do tonight, Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky - help you recover from cancer try to take over the world!"

Rob Paulsen survives battle with throat cancer, but one to watch anyhow due to age (62 next year) and overall probability of throat cancer relapses.

Should he relapse, QO obit guaranteed.

3 hours ago, msc said:

one to watch anyhow due to age (62 next year)

:facepalm:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

:facepalm:

I meant in terms of DDP points if he relapses, you! :lol:

23 minutes ago, msc said:

I meant in terms of DDP points if he relapses, you! :lol:

Ah!  Fair play.

• Like 1