Vaagheid

Voice Actors

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Heather North, the voice of Daphne on Scooby Doohas died

Daphne.gif.2e3361dd4df1ce29eabfbbe9c8fdb939.gif

Apparently she died last month.

How are people supposed to maintain a celebrity deathlist if their publicists take so long announce things like this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Heather North, the voice of Daphne on Scooby Doohas died aged 71. 

Edit: The Sun obituary.

Daphne.gif.2e3361dd4df1ce29eabfbbe9c8fdb939.gif

Ruh Row

ZOINKS!

I had no idea there was another Daphne voice....Stefanianna Christopherson was the only one I knew of, and she was going to be a sneaky pick in one pool or another.  Looks like we are tapped out on Daphne deaths anytime soon, oh well.
SC

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Ruh Row

ZOINKS!

I had no idea there was another Daphne voice....Stefanianna Christopherson was the only one I knew of, and she was going to be a sneaky pick in one pool or another.  Looks like we are tapped out on Daphne deaths anytime soon, oh well.
SC

Was there something I missed, cause I'm looking back on her and I'm not finding anything for her...

Great shame. So many knew so little about her, but she was so big a part of so many childhoods. Only Velma & Fred left now.

16 hours ago, openviews said:

Apparently she died last month.

How are people supposed to maintain a celebrity deathlist if their publicists take so long announce things like this?

A good question and one that reminds me that the only way a dead pool like the Deathrace survives is because the team captains are the eyes and ears for me sometimes. 

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

A good question and one that reminds me that the only way a dead pool like the Deathrace survives is because the team captains are the eyes and ears for me sometimes. 

Also, because of the Hewlett (sp?) Rule?

Canadian-born Alan Bleviss, who swayed the American people as the signature voice of the Democratic Party and lent gravitas to hundreds of movie trailers and TV commercials, has died. He was 76.

Bleviss died Dec. 30 in New York City after a long battle with lung cancer, his daughter Sarah Jenny Bleviss told The Hollywood Reporter.

Classic movie lovers will know his sonorous, honeyed voice from one-minute movie trailers for Scarface, Dirty Dancing and On Golden Pond, as the voice of Enterprise rental cars commercials and as a host of other blue-chip advertisers like AT&T and American Express.
SC

31 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Canadian-born Alan Bleviss, who swayed the American people as the signature voice of the Democratic Party and lent gravitas to hundreds of movie trailers and TV commercials, has died. He was 76.

Bleviss died Dec. 30 in New York City after a long battle with lung cancer, his daughter Sarah Jenny Bleviss told The Hollywood Reporter.

Classic movie lovers will know his sonorous, honeyed voice from one-minute movie trailers for Scarface, Dirty Dancing and On Golden Pond, as the voice of Enterprise rental cars commercials and as a host of other blue-chip advertisers like AT&T and American Express.
SC

I read this in his voice.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 20:42, Death Impends said:

Foray's death also made me wonder - who becomes the oldest living voice actor, only counting those primarily known as VAs? I think the answer is Doug Young, a Hanna-Barbera regular for minor roles during the 1960s (one of his few title characters being Doggie Daddy) who was born in 1919 and very low profile but seemingly still alive. Mark Evanier did a radio chat with him a decade ago so I'd assume if he went Evanier's blog would make mention of it, albeit very unlikely he QOs.

Douggie deaddy.

ETA seems he was also the last surviving non-guest voice to appear on The Flintstones. For guest voices Ann-Margret, James Darren, Leo De Lyon, and most of the Beau Brummels are all still living.

David Ogden Stiers, known for Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast, Governor Ratcliffe in Pocahontas,  Jumba in Lilo and Stitch, as well as (although non-animated) Major Winchester in M.A.S.H., has died at 75.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Very sad for MASH.

Great Major forever.

On 27/07/2017 at 06:23, Spade_Cooley said:

William Phipps is the last remaining voice actor from Cinderella, I make it. Could be a nice "four people score points from...." in next year's DDP.

No one found their Prince Charming for this year's DDP, but William Phipps is dead regardless:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

No one found their Prince Charming for this year's DDP, but William Phipps is dead regardless:

War Of The Worlds and Lust For Life among his credits on IMDB.

No guarantee of a QO, I'd say....

Still nothing about Phipps hours later.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Still nothing about Phipps hours later.

It's been mentioned on two threads, so it must be true now :lol:

• Thanks 1

He was the last living credited cast member of Cinderella if I'm not mistaken.

On 25/08/2017 at 13:53, Bibliogryphon said:

Disney Villains List

Pat Carrol (1927) Ursula - The Little Mermaid

Jonathon Freeman (1950) Jafar - Aladdin

Jeremy Irons (1948) Scar - The Lion King

David Ogden-Steirs (1942) Gov. Ratcliffe - Pocahontas 

James Woods (1947) Hades - Hercules 

Brian Blessed  (1936) Clayton - Tarzan

Brian Murray  (1937) Long John Silver - Treasure Planet

Death of Brian Murray brings this list down to 5. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Happy Birthday to Cate Bauer, who is 96 today! :birthday:

Karyn Dwyer, who played Besu-Besu in the English dub version of Sailor Moon SuperS and whose overall TV & movie credits spanned 25 years, has died.  She was 43.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-28/actress-voice-actress-karyn-dwyer-passes-away/.137436

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0245507/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

• Like 1