Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Aye, here's to hopefully working knees and all that.

• Like 1

Back at my parents house as I live alone currently and cant be left alone for 24 hours.In pain but cocodomol is helping.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Back at my parents house as I live alone currently and cant be left alone for 24 hours.In pain but cocodomol is helping.

Good news Shaun. Imagine you've had your fill of knee and hopping jokes.Unfortunately Jake the Peg isn't allowed on You Tube anymore.:)

57 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Wishing all the best...

Hoping the pain passes and hopefully you are getting relief from your studies while you recuperate.

I'd send virtual hugs, but that might get me a virtual prison sentence for virtual harassment.

Had an idea for a deadpool, but I don't have the time to run it. (The Deathlist Cup and updating TCD are my limit.) So in the spirit of sharing, I'll mention how it'd work here, and if anyone else likes it enough to want to run it at some point, they have my full blessing

The Chase

Concept: deadpoolers start on 0 points, and chase down a Control Figure which starts on 100 points. The first deadpooler to overtake the Control wins.

Rules: 20 celebs to a team, DDP rules for scoring and obits count with 2 differences:
Differences from the DDP: A successful hit can be replaced by a living person, 24 hours after they appear on the scoreboard as a successful hit. A miss (ie a death sans Qualifying Obit) can be replaced after a week. Therefore each Chasing Team should have 20 people on their team most of the time.

A change from the DDP would see Only Famous for Dying Cases (to be determined by the Game Organiser) only scoring 3 points maximum, instead of whatever they would for their age under DDP rules. They'd also be banned as joker material.

Each Sunday evening, the Control moves 10 points further ahead. So it is a chase rather than hunt the static target.

I did think 50 points, but most folk on here could smash that inside a month these days, seemingly.

I like the idea, but I won't be running it.

Right, I'm off out to mix it up on the Glasgow gay scene for the first time this year.

If anyone important dies, any relevant updates will have to wait until I'm feeling up to it.

Laters, Listers!

• Like 2

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Right, I'm off out to mix it up on the Glasgow gay scene for the first time this year.

If anyone important dies, any relevant updates will have to wait until I'm feeling up to it.

Laters, Listers!

Don't forget to check the cellar before you go.

• Like 1

I'm back and conscious.

Still to check the cellar.

• Like 1

Ive just 'discovered' an Album that would have been well off of my radar at the time because 1) I was 13 and  2) I was only ever interested in the Top Twenty and imagining being forced to service Abba Queen Agnetha.

This band had two 'hits' back in 78 ( thereabouts) that now I see was a sacrifice of their talent and ability in order to earn a few bob.

You never stop discovering, eh! :D

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rockhopper penguin said:

You must have heard this.

Thats their first hit.

I remember it very well, very nostalgic.

If I phone a number and get the answer phone and I dont leave a message its obviously not an important call.

If its obviously not important why the fuck are you trying to ring me back 3 hrs later you fucktard.

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Velvet Underground and Nico today. :party:

1 hour ago, joeyruss said:

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Velvet Underground and Nico today. :party:

That reminds me, i really must use up those three overripe bananas.

• Like 1

I'm going to put a towel over my microwave....

16 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

I'm going to put a towel over my microwave....

Okay.

Why?

So, today, im working on a line, up a pole and its fucking tall and wobbly and im old and no likey climbing tall wobbly poles anymore.

Some old duffer, walking stick in hand, hobbles towards me. He is as deaf as a post and he is saying something but I cant here too well coz im fucking miles up the pole or summat.

He asks me if Im working on the lines because his line is out of service. I tell him I am and its his line im working on.

Im irritated because he has reported the fucking fault and im the engineer FFS, do the maths you old twat.

Soon Ive sorted the problem out then go into his house to be greeted by a nice old fella who is surrounded by walls full of the most beautiful water colour paintings created by his old and worn hands.

I was invited back anytime to view more as he shook me warmly by the hand while thanking me profusely for getting his phone line/careline back in action.

I must learn patience and I must learn not to judge.

I must learn to breathe.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

So, today, im working on a line, up a pole and its fucking tall and wobbly and im old and no likey climbing tall wobbly poles anymore.

Some old duffer, walking stick in hand, hobbles towards me. He is as deaf as a post and he is saying something but I cant here too well coz im fucking miles up the pole or summat.

He asks me if Im working on the lines because his line is out of service. I tell him I am and its his line im working on.

Im irritated because he has reported the fucking fault and im the engineer FFS, do the maths you old twat.

Soon Ive sorted the problem out them go into his house to be greeted by a nice old fella who is surrounded by walls full of the most beautiful water colour paintings created by his old and worn hands.

I was invited back anytime to view more as he shook me warmly by the hand while thanking me profusely for getting his phone line/careline back in action.

I must learn to breathe.

Those are the experiences we all must have every now and then.

• Like 1

Breathing is good. "The trick to not dying is to keep breathing" said Lemmy once. He stopped following his own advice and look what happened to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Soon Ive sorted the problem out then go into his house to be greeted by a nice old fella who is surrounded by walls full of the most beautiful water colour paintings created by his old and worn hands.

I must learn to breathe.

We'll make a commie, pinko, liberal of you, yet. 

• Like 1