Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Just now, Deathray said:

He lived his life to the full the way he wanted to to great excess, knowing it would lead to an early death.

What constitues 'great excess?  He smoked and drank like millions of other people but that does not mean excess it just means unhealthy. He was also in a long term relationship so it is unlikely he was smoking a 100 a day and drinking 15 pints an evening. Maybe. In any case nobody with a brain cell chooses the live fast and die young way they choose to live fast and assume that the dying young bit will happen to others, not them.  An overweight, smoking and drinking ex Darts pro doesn't live life to the full, they are too unhealthy to have the energy to.

So I will be offline for a little while. Hopefully some of you can catch up to me on your post count. Will explain once I get back. Farewell, for now.

3-6 months best guess....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So I will be offline for a little while. Hopefully some of you can catch up to me on your post count. Will explain once I get back. Farewell, for now.

So, I was expecting to be gone for about a week or so, but that didn’t turn out to be the case. Went to a psychiatric hospital to try and check in for increase in depression symptoms and the occasional suicidal thought. They didn’t think I was at immediate risk and sent me back home. Not the first time I tried checking in though. Around two years ago, I went for a similar reason and did get hospitalized for a week. Anyways, I will be focusing on recovery over the next few weeks and hopefully I will feel better soon. 

I think it's very important always to have something to look forward to.  We often see terminally ill people outliving their prognosis to see the birth of a grandchild, a wedding, Christmas or whatever.  

So get yourself some treats organised, Joey.  A weekend away, tickets to see a band you like, sporting events, whatever you enjoy.

• Like 4

I've always sworn on the hat trick of not wanting to miss the next World Cup, Royal Rumble, or episode of Dr Who to keep sodding along.  And this year, 2018, has a World Cup, 3 Royal Rumbles and a new series of Doctor Who so I am as excited as Larry right now. :D     Although there's a shitload of work to get done before the Cup, but anyhow I digress. 

Others like Joey may pick other interests, of course.

• Like 1

Yes, I shall be very annoyed if I die before Game Of Thrones finishes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So, I was expecting to be gone for about a week or so, but that didn’t turn out to be the case. Went to a psychiatric hospital to try and check in for increase in depression symptoms and the occasional suicidal thought. They didn’t think I was at immediate risk and sent me back home. Not the first time I tried checking in though. Around two years ago, I went for a similar reason and did get hospitalized for a week. Anyways, I will be focusing on recovery over the next few weeks and hopefully I will feel better soon. 

Joey - accepting that depression is a serious illness that can hit anyone I still can't help imagining the conversation.

Hi Joey

Hi

Feeling a bit low

Low, yep

Been able to go outside recently and get any fresh air and sunlight?

No, inside mostly.

Inside mostly? Hmmm, how do you pass your time?

Well I'm really interested in people dying and who's going to die next. I surf the internet every waking minute looking for people who might die and are terminally ill and then I post about it on a forum and also I've got some teams of people I think are going to die and I check up on them all the time and sometimes I post on the forum about whether it's going to be a quiet year for deaths or maybe there will be an upsurge soon and maybe someone's cancer is going to get a whole lot worse and I just can't get enough of researching death to be honest.

Hmmm, sips coffee. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Really not my week at all. There's some family news that I've received today (and I won't go further than that apart from not being death related) that's having a negative impact on me at the moment...

49 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Really not my week at all. There's some family news that I've received today (and I won't go further than that apart from not being death related) that's having a negative impact on me at the moment...

You are George W Bush and I claim my five pounds....:lol:

• Haha 4

Just now, YoungWillz said:

You are George W Bush and I claim my five pounds....:lol:

Honestly, while you're wrong, this did make my day. :-)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Toast said:

Yes, I shall be very annoyed if I die before Game Of Thrones finishes.

I'll be extremely annoyed if G.R Martin dies before he finishes the books. PM me Toastie and we can get together and send him fruit baskets and vitamin pills. He's not a young man and looks like he's over-fond of the burgers :unsure:

P.S I'm sorry for your troubles Roey. Remember you have friends here and charon and LFN who like you really  so don't be a stranger.

• Like 2

Spoiler alert - he will die before finishing writing the books. Last I heard, he wrote 1800 pages more and the last book was going to become three, and so on? Series is like that fire in Turkmenistan, it'll never end.

This post was solely to reference Darvaza, I fully admit it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boudicca said:

I'll be extremely annoyed if G.R Martin dies before he finishes the books. PM me Toastie and we can get together and send him fruit baskets and vitamin pills. He's not a young man and looks like he's over-fond of the burgers :unsure:

P.S I'm sorry for your troubles Roey. Remember you have friends here and charon and LFN who like you really  so don't be a stranger.

I've given up on the series ever being finished, at least by GRRM.   He's lost interest in it IMO and prefers writing backstory and spinoffs.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Joey - accepting that depression is a serious illness that can hit anyone I still can't help imagining the conversation.

Hi Joey

Hi

Feeling a bit low

Low, yep

Been able to go outside recently and get any fresh air and sunlight?

No, inside mostly.

Inside mostly? Hmmm, how do you pass your time?

Well I'm really interested in people dying and who's going to die next. I surf the internet every waking minute looking for people who might die and are terminally ill and then I post about it on a forum and also I've got some teams of people I think are going to die and I check up on them all the time and sometimes I post on the forum about whether it's going to be a quiet year for deaths or maybe there will be an upsurge soon and maybe someone's cancer is going to get a whole lot worse and I just can't get enough of researching death to be honest.

Hmmm, sips coffee. 

I must say that this is one of the top 5 postings for this year.

I was flying from Inverness to Gatwick at the weekend, unusually not at night, and saw the coast and an island on the wrong side of the plane :unsure:

Captain later confirmed we were over Liverpool. I had no idea airplanes went in such mad indirect routes! 

You'd think I'd understand this after reading our resident expert's posts @Cat O'Falk for all these years but no, total confusion. Wtf is the Isle of Man doing anywhere near Inverness to Gatwick?!

Waved at you anyway Handy :lol:

8 hours ago, Boudicca said:

I was flying from Inverness to Gatwick at the weekend, unusually not at night, and saw the coast and an island on the wrong side of the plane :unsure:

Captain later confirmed we were over Liverpool. I had no idea airplanes went in such mad indirect routes! 

You'd think I'd understand this after reading our resident expert's posts @Cat O'Falk for all these years but no, total confusion. Wtf is the Isle of Man doing anywhere near Inverness to Gatwick?!

Waved at you anyway Handy :lol:

Civil aircraft fly on 'roads' in the sky rather than cross country. I'm guessing you were on EasyJet flight U2862 . Give me the date and I'll give you the exact routing.

EasyJet, aye. Tin can flying :unsure: gone from my app now.

Saturday at three but delayed half an hour. Staff illness, runway closures in blighty, you'd know, B) but I still think it's insane to go to go via the wrong coast... :unsure:  

On 2018-04-03 at 13:23, The Quim Reaper said:

When my teachers went on strike about their already pretty good pensions in the late 00s over here, I told each and every one of them when they came back that they're selfish, snivelling little arseholes. #fightforeducation

My profs went on strike this year too...ugh...it has been a RIDUCULOUS YEAR

2 hours ago, Boudicca said:

EasyJet, aye. Tin can flying :unsure: gone from my app now.

Saturday at three but delayed half an hour. Staff illness, runway closures in blighty, you'd know, B) but I still think it's insane to go to go via the wrong coast... :unsure:  

The red dashed line to the right is the shortest route and the solid line to the left is your route.

INV-_LGW.jpg

There's not a huge difference between the two.

This is a playback of the flight.

If you think that's insane, what do you think this is?

AMM-_CAI.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

The red dashed line to the right is the shortest route and the solid line to the left is your route.

INV-_LGW.jpg

There's not a huge difference between the two.

This is a playback of the flight.

If you think that's insane, what do you think this is?

AMM-_CAI.jpg

Sensible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So basically the Aviation authorities said Inverness to Laahndan goes over Liverpool in case of a crash?

Sensible, they're hoping for £20m worth of damage improvements.

• Haha 1

I think it was seeing the west coast and island on an unexpected side which did it. I usually hear the captain chatting about the Peak District so confused about the route that day. (Frequent flier, mini DL cons are serious business) And that one you've posted really "is" mad :o Interesting though.

Also, for afficionados, Inverness airport ime is a charming glorified helipad/ terrific bar with great people even if they do always pull me at security. Must be the company I keep :unsure: Once through it's fantastic.

So I didn’t go to my school prom this year because of having a rough week. Instead, I decided to listen to some of the vinyl records that I own personally. Could’ve posted in the thread I recently created, but thought this thread would be more apt. Anyways, here are the awesome vinyl records I listened to yesterday: 

0CA1D33E-EC0D-4C1E-8770-A1C3229DC64A.jpeg

3F3839B0-CC56-4FF4-AF8A-6FA0EDCA4590.jpeg

7613D42A-DC68-4346-8663-9C98E8FE5846.jpeg

5849D657-DE43-4EC4-96AF-D0745D67B4D7.jpeg

69378F27-BD11-40DA-A147-A0F4992B84BC.jpeg

FFCD3C7D-3B58-49C4-8508-5F69EBDE9DEB.jpeg

F6928550-88F3-4FAB-9C7E-1CB27FA12650.jpeg

45A28C66-F4F1-492E-A9A5-26E0835DCE27.jpeg

• Like 3

Not sure where to put this, but this is definitely thread of the year despite the fact that only mods and admins can post in this now. :D 

• Haha 1