Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

25 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

Zombie thread from August 2016. I hope it's been bumped or I'd be a bit worried about what you were googling when you found it :unsure:

Ask whoever posted it on /r/bestofmumsnet a few weeks ago what they were searching for! That's where I found it 

Damn, I hadn't visited Mumsnet for at least a couple of weeks.  I was doing so well.

Those threads that get picked up by the tabloids.  How many do you reckon are actually started by tabloid hacks? 

Or even by Mumsnet staff for the publicity?  ;)

It's fair to say that all our devices we use to go online 'spy on us' or allow others to.

This I accept but I would NEVER  have an Alexa/Siri thing in my home and I'm amazed that people do, fucking crazy.

I think this MIGHT prove my point.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/a-couple-says-that-amazons-alexa-recorded-a-private-conversation-and-randomly-sent-it-to-a-friend-amzn/ar-AAxLLAt?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

• Like 2

See my post re routers in the Conspiracy thread not that long ago......

Actually that reminds me of when the Brits were caught spying on Russia with a fake rock.

So low tech inanimate objects can't be trusted either.

Russian TV first reported the fake rock allegations five years ago

A former UK government official has admitted it was caught spying when Russia exposed its use of a fake rock in Moscow to hide electronic equipment.

Russia made the allegations in January 2006, but this is the first time anyone in the UK has publicly accepted them.
Jonathan Powell, then Prime Minister Tony Blair's chief of staff, told a BBC documentary it was "embarrassing", but "they had us bang to rights".

He added: "Clearly they had known about it for some time."

They had been "saving it up for a political purpose", he said.

The story was first aired on Russian television, which ran a report showing how the rock contained electronic equipment and had been used by British diplomats to receive and transmit information.

It showed a video of a man walking along the pavement of a Moscow street, slowing his pace, glancing at a rock and slowing down, then picking up his pace. Next the camera films another man, who walks by and picks up the rock.

The Russian security service, the FSB, linked the rock with allegations that British security services were making covert payments to pro-democracy and human rights groups.

Shortly afterwards, then President Vladimir Putin introduced a law restricting non-governmental organisations (NGOs) from getting funding from foreign governments. Many closed down as a result.

"We have seen attempts by the secret services to make use of NGOs. NGOs have been financed through secret service channels. No-one can deny that this money stinks," said Mr Putin.

"This law has been adopted to stop foreign powers interfering in the internal affairs of the Russian Federation."

"All of our activities with the NGOs were completely above board," said Britain's ambassador in Moscow at the time, Tony Brenton.
"They were on our website, the sums of money, the projects. All of that was completely public."

One human rights group accused of receiving secret payments took the FSB to court for slander but lost.

"They said there was no slander and threw out the case," said Lyudmila Alexeyeva, head of the Moscow Helsinki Group.

The FSB successfully argued that the allegations did not represent slander as the secret payments showed the Moscow Helsinki Group was a "serious organisation".

The documentary series, Putin, Russia and the West, is on BBC Two on Thursdays at 21:00 GMT from 19 January 2012. Watch online afterwards via iPlayer (UK only) at the above link.

_57967257_fake_rock_640.jpg

• Like 1

School is out for me now. Just worried about that one grade your not sure if you did well or not. Anyways, now it’s summer for me. Yippee! :) 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

School is out for me now. Just worried about that one grade your not sure if you did well or not. Anyways, now it’s summer for me. Yippee! :) 

• Like 3

Hi everyone, 

i Didn't Know where to put that message so here i am ! 

I was diagnosed yesterday with a stade 2 throat cancer so i don't know if i am gonna be here for long but i just wanna told you : enjoy Your Life, it's so short ! Share love and hope around you and be sure to be kind with Everyone around there ! You're beautiful in your own way, love you a lot from Paris xoxo

Sorry to hear about that @Lafaucheuse. Hope you feel better soon. As for where these types of updates should be, I think these posts should be moved to the DL Status Updates Thread...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Sorry to hear about that @Lafaucheuse. Hope you feel better soon. As for where these types of updates should be, I think these posts should be moved to the DL Status Updates Thread...

4 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Here's wishing to you a full recovery.

Thanks a lot it's really kind of you ! Do you want me to move this message in the right place Then ? 

Only staff can move posts. I'll take care of it right now

EDIT: Done

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Only staff can move posts. I'll take care of it right now

EDIT: Done

Thanks a lot !! Have a good day, I'll try to sleep a bit 

16 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Hi everyone, 

i Didn't Know where to put that message so here i am ! 

I was diagnosed yesterday with a stade 2 throat cancer so i don't know if i am gonna be here for long but i just wanna told you : enjoy Your Life, it's so short ! Share love and hope around you and be sure to be kind with Everyone around there ! You're beautiful in your own way, love you a lot from Paris xoxo

Aw, that's unfortunate. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1

Wishing you all the best, Lafaucheuse.  I do hope that you won't be meeting your namesake for a very long time.

• Like 1

@Lafaucheuse, that's really terrible to hear. It's hard to know what to say to one in a naff situation like this, I find, except to try and gee one up. So chin up, fight it, go and kick cancer's arse, and get better soon! All the best to you, mon ami, and take care of yourself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

@Lafaucheuse, that's really terrible to hear. It's hard to know what to say to one in a naff situation like this, I find, except to try and gee one up. So chin up, fight it, go and kick cancer's arse, and get better soon! All the best to you, mon ami, and take care of yourself.

15 hours ago, Toast said:

Wishing you all the best, Lafaucheuse.  I do hope that you won't be meeting your namesake for a very long time.

15 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Aw, that's unfortunate. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. I'm rooting for you!

All of Your messages make me feel so happy and make me feel stronger, i Will fight this as much as i can and i Will give you infos when i can ! 

Thanks a lot, I am really grateful of Your support, it means a lot for me ! 

Xoxo

• Like 5

Just catching up with posts today.

Lafaucheuse I’m so sorry to hear your news.  We don’t want anyone here to have anything in common with those we post about.  But here we are.  I pray whatever medical steps are being taken work for you and put C to bed.  We actually post plenty of success stories for our celebs and let’s put yours in that category.

SC

• Like 8

Yes, good luck from me, too. Keep eating, keep strong, listen to your doctors. It will be ok.

• Like 1

To cut a longish story short, I cannot be arsed to explain, today I picked up a Technics HiFi system, in a glass cabinet, 80s style, for a whole £85 from a charidee shop.

The assistant even demonstrated the record deck by playing a Simon and Garfunkel album on it, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.

Scarborough Fair and Patterns sounded fucking awesome, vinyl is the nuts.

• Like 3

Had a long diatribe at Bou this week lfn , re digital music being samples of analogue.

You've did a very good thing.

Lafaucheuse.

Doctors can be 'wrong'.

Never forget that.

I've the feeling you'll be around for a while.....

• Like 3

On 01/06/2018 at 17:03, Sir Creep said:

Just catching up with posts today.

Lafaucheuse I’m so sorry to hear your news.  We don’t want anyone here to have anything in common with those we post about.  But here we are.  I pray whatever medical steps are being taken work for you and put C to bed.  We actually post plenty of success stories for our celebs and let’s put yours in that category.

SC

On 01/06/2018 at 20:06, gcreptile said:

Yes, good luck from me, too. Keep eating, keep strong, listen to your doctors. It will be ok.

10 hours ago, charon said:

Had a long diatribe at Bou this week lfn , re digital music being samples of analogue.

You've did a very good thing.

Lafaucheuse.

Doctors can be 'wrong'.

Never forget that.

I've the feeling you'll be around for a while.....

Still so blessed with all your message of hope and support ! thanks a lot, really, I'm very grateful ! I hope the doctors are wrong, or if they are not, I hope that I will be able to beat this cancer and to overcome all their predictions as much as Kirk has overcomed all our predictions ;) 
Thanks again, sincerely. 

XOXO

• Like 3

My day off today and I am currently watching Carol Kirkwood do the weather.

She is as sexy as fuck.

Maturity, maturity!!!

• Like 1

Moving house and just had the new people checking the attic. Empty. Except I know it wasn't quite.

There were two extremely scary dolls locked away which traumatised my daughter's fantastic gay boyfriend when he was getting the Christmas tree down in December. (Mainly because we were messing with him about their wheabouts but he was genuinely trembling, it was great)

Where have they moved to? :o 

• Like 1