Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

9 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So the Navy apparently wanted to try and recruit me today. Because I am a strong believer in pacifism, I gave them a big fat no. I’ll never join the military...

I would actually like to join the military... if we weren't in such vulnerable times. Grandfather gives me Vietnam bullets every year for my birthday and attempts to coerce me into service. He's 74 this year and I've always wanted to enlist just to make him happy. Since my Great Grandfather, My Grandfather, and Uncle served I would be the 4th generation of military service in my family.

Got to work this morning and was sent home because we have no power. Working from home today.

18 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Got to work this morning and was sent home because we have no power. Working from home today.

.......and im sitting in my van waiting for people to turn up and put some duct into the ground so that I can actually do something. We are that piss poor organised I will still be sitting here at 4pm with fucking heatstroke.

20180705_101610.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

.......and im sitting in my van waiting for people to turn up and put some duct into the ground so that I can actually do something. We are that piss poor organised I will still be sitting here at 4pm with fucking heatstroke.

20180705_101610.jpg

Hope that does not come to pass. This is not the day to be stuck in a hot car.

Obviously telecoms engineers do not get the same consideration as dogs........

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

20180705_101610.jpg

Are you still stuck in that van?

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

Are you still stuck in that van?

No

3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

You only just got out now, didn't you?

No

Sometimes I think everyone gets a feeling that they feel like they fucked up somewhere along the way that had a negative impact on somebody on someone you truly care about and there’s nothing you can do about it. I feel that I had one of these moments very recently, and it really feels painful especially because all that I can do is guess on what actually happened. 

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Sometimes I think everyone gets a feeling that they feel like they fucked up somewhere along the way that had a negative impact on somebody on someone you truly care about and there’s nothing you can do about it. I feel that I had one of these moments very recently, and it really feels painful especially because all that I can do is guess on what actually happened. 

Yeah, most of the time, you've just overthought something. Paranoia's given you a false idea. Honestly, this mystery scenario you're fretting about is almost certainly fine. Relax, have a drink, play your PlayStation, fuck the dog, do whatever it is you do in your spare time to take your mind off things.

Nah.

You're overanalising it.

You made a choice.

Stick with it.

• Like 1

Double post..

Going to the beach at Indiana Dunes with my friends tomorrow. B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Going to the beach at Indiana Dunes with my friends tomorrow. B)

If Trump doesn't rejoin the Climate Change Agreement, you could be going to the beach in Colorado....

Anyway, have a good time.

• Thanks 1

There is something in this room that keeps cheeping like the battery's running down.  I cannot locate the source.  At first I thought it was a NOW TV remote control which I no longer use.  I took it into another room to check and it continued shrieking, so I removed the dying batteries and put it away elsewhere.

But there is something else.

I've taken out of the room two more remote controls (TV and DVD), my handbag, tablet,  a wireless speaker, and all other suspects to no avail.

WTF can it be? (and no, there's nothing of that nature in my living room)

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

There is something in this room that keeps cheeping like the battery's running down.  I cannot locate the source.  At first I thought it was a NOW TV remote control which I no longer use.  I took it into another room to check and it continued shrieking, so I removed the dying batteries and put it away elsewhere.

But there is something else.

I've taken out of the room two more remote controls (TV and DVD), my handbag, tablet,  a wireless speaker, and all other suspects to no avail.

WTF can it be? (and no, there's nothing of that nature in my living room)

Smoke alarm? Mine's connected to the mains but it has a battery back-up; every seven or eight years or so it starts chirping and I have to replace the battery.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Smoke alarm? Mine's connected to the mains but it has a battery back-up; every seven or eight years or so it starts chirping and I have to replace the battery.

Ah, you could have hit the nail on the head there, Cat.  There isn't one in here but there is in the kitchen.  I shall investigate.

ETA - nope.  I think it must be the one on the upstairs landing.

8 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

your kind of like a vulcan except you change the battery

Walking home from shops with the wean. Streets of Govan empty except for the Celtic fans getting ready for kick off. Walking down the street when suddenly, out of nowhere and very loudly, the fucking Coronation Street theme started playing!

Presume one of the oldies (or Deathray) was watching an omnibus or something.

• Like 1

The dreaded exam results are sent out today in Scotland.

I'VE PASSED!

...by the skin of my teeth. 4 Higher passes was what I needed, and I got just that. 4 straight Cs. They're not good grades by any measure, but they're good enough. My new course starts next week :)

• Like 6

Next person to 'like' one of my posts will be #2600.  It could be YOU!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

On 15/06/2018 at 18:08, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Pacifism = Coward

Not this argument. 

Pacifism is not cowardice.  It's a belief in the alternative actually working, if everybody was a pacifist then it would actually work...

No it wouldn't.

But well done for fighting for your beliefs.

Y5UOb.png.109666d83e3e625e0a408bc3ba57245a.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Unlikely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

It is me! I finally one something! ;)