Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

8 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

Crossposting here about a workaround I found to log on here through my default browser, which will not load *.deathlist.net due to expired security certificate:

Set your computer's time to before deathlist.net's certificate expired.

Meta-joke: will there be a front page Staff update, after Hawke, Conway, and Wouk, for the site's certificate?

How do you expect people to read that and follow the advice if they can't access this site.:D

My workaround, which I worded carefully, is to log onto the site and post on the forums, not to browse it. My default browser did not load *.deathlist.net because its add-ons enable restrictions to prevent insecure content from caching on my PC. Other browsers and devices aren't as restrictive.

Could it be some staff aren't able to even access the site? There must be one site administrator among them to alert the populace to problems, reset servers, reset passwords, renew certificates or apply for new certificates.

10 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

My workaround, which I worded carefully, is to log onto the site and post on the forums, not to browse it. My default browser did not load *.deathlist.net because its add-ons enable restrictions to prevent insecure content from caching on my PC. Other browsers and devices aren't as restrictive.

Could it be some staff aren't able to even access the site? There must be one site administrator among them to alert the populace to problems, reset servers, reset passwords, renew certificates or apply for new certificates.

If people realise they can access the site by using a different browser then they have no need to alter their clocks. If people aren't trying a different browser then they can't read your post telling them to alter their clocks.

I usually use Chrome which doesn't allow me to read your post at present. I can get on the site by using Internet Explorer and so have no need to alter my clock because I just continue to use IE until everything returns to normal.

• Like 1

I can access via Chrome now, too - if I turn off "safe browsing" in the settings.

But I can not post, lol (writing this from Mozilla).

Also, I might only be able to get access because my Mozilla is slightly outdated, and once I reboot the computer, it will update to the newest version and I suspect I lose access again - unless the security exception for the forum is saved.

Edit: Now I can post in Chrome as well. Took ages at first, but now it works.

If people realize they can browse the site, but can't log in because they've forgotten their password, they can choose to alter their PC's time setting. I can't find my password.

I can browse the site if I whitelist it in my Chromium browser settings, but I can't log on if I don't have my password, as it's cached in my Mozilla browser settings for this website. 

To recap: one browser, Chromium, loads deathlist.net because I've whitelisted the settings to bypass the expired certificate error, yet I can't log in with the Torva Messor account, or I can log in with a newly registered account but cannot post nor direct message people, 

The default browser, Mozilla Firefox, loads deathlist.net and lets me log on as Torva Messor because I've manually backdated the PC's time setting and because my password's in the browser cache. I don't know how to search for my encrypted password in Browser A's cache, copy it, and paste in the 'Sign in' portion of the site with Browser B.

Those who can collect or recollect their passwords for a website aren't reliant on browser caches to keep them logged in.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I can access via Chrome now, too - if I turn off "safe browsing" in the settings.

But I can not post, lol (writing this from Mozilla). 

Also, I might only be able to get access because my Mozilla is slightly outdated, and once I reboot the computer, it will update to the newest version and I suspect I lose access again - unless the security exception for the forum is saved.

Exactly. I can access the site with Chromium, but I wasn't able to post to any forums with my new account, nor direct message anyone for a few hours at least.

My Mozilla Firefox browser is set to manual updates, so I was fortunate to avoid that ugly, brief moment when none of the adblockers worked with the most recent update. Maybe that's another factor allowing me to log in with a manually set date on my PC: I'm running Mozilla Firefox 66.0.2 (64-bit)

i don't have Internet Explorer; my operating system is Linux Mint.

I can access the site with lynx, the ancient command-line text-only browser, regardless of certificate issue, which is handy.

ETA: Hooray! My fingers remembered my password! And I can post in Chromium in real time.

Finally am able to get through on mobile after clearing data on Safari and setting the clock to a week earlier (my computer, which is given by the school, requires an administrator to change the date there, so it’s a no go for that device). 

Testing posting permissions with lynx browser.

Wow, I can post in Chromium now, having emptied the data cached in the browser. 

I better save this password as I'm running low on clever sockpuppet account names.

And apologies to users whose posts I may've reported in error. Tabbing through 24 hotlinks per page can lead to honest mistakes.

• Like 1

Testing editing permissions with lynx browser. What a prehistoric interface.

• Haha 1

I think i will wait before I fiddle around with my Ipad time settings - I hope it is fixed before I have my summer holiday through.

I see the expired certificate issue's been resolved, or at least I can access the site through Mozilla Firefox, without having to whitelist the URLs, nor needing to backdate the computer.

Thank you, DL website administrator! :clap:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Torva Messor said:

I see the expired certificate issue's been resolved, or at least I can access the site through Mozilla Firefox, without having to whitelist the URLs, nor needing to backdate the computer.

Thank you, DL website administrator! :clap:

Working on my Ipad and the locked symbol is back (when I had to give my permission to access the site an orange symbol replaced it  for me on Firefox as well so the issue is clearly fixed.

Working as normal for me as well! Just the front page to sort out since it's still stuck on 2 hits when we've had 4! 

On 22/05/2019 at 01:21, Bibliogryphon said:

60562916_316662132595763_4543635817855188992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fmad3-5.fna&oh=d2c1dedde616e8f1fcd3c1dcc52e9801&oe=5D52C002

Madrid this morning, the view from my hotel window

Only quoting due to the absurdity of DRay’s giving you an angry emoji.  Here’s a chance for him to double up.

SC

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Only quoting due to the absurdity of DRay’s giving you an angry emoji.  Here’s a chance for him to double up.

SC

Absurdity. Nope.

I'm pretty sure Biblio would have clocked the meaning.

Maybe it doesn't translate across to the dimmer side of the Atlantic - it's the reaction equivalent of "well jealous" and was meant as a bit of fun. 

• Haha 2

Graduated high school today. :party:

I made a lot of memories and had a lot of fun, and I'm all up in my feels about it ending.

But this is going to be a great summer. I'm going to Poland in the middle of July for a couple weeks, and in August, I might take a road trip to Canada with friends. But also gonna enjoy local lake trips and house parties in between with my friends. :)

• Like 7

I’ve graduated high school this past Friday, and for me I’m glad it’s over as it has largely been a negative experience for me (as such, I went to a nice dinner with my family rather than go to the actual graduation ceremony as it didn’t feel right to celebrate something that was overall bad for me). I’m just ready to move on to the next phase of my life and hope that it’s much better for me overall than my high school experience...

• Like 12

university is a much better experience for most

• Like 2

In a Taxi heading to Stansted airport for a flight to Slovenia for work. Not an ideal start to a Bank Holiday Monday.

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I’ve graduated high school this past Friday, and for me I’m glad it’s over as it has largely been a negative experience for me (as such, I went to a nice dinner with my family rather than go to the actual graduation ceremony as it didn’t feel right to celebrate something that was overall bad for me). I’m just ready to move on to the next phase of my life and hope that it’s much better for me overall than my high school experience...

The 'next phase of your life', so to speak, will be entirely what you make it. Get into your head what you most want from the next couple of years, and chase it. Make it happen. It's down to you now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In a Taxi heading to Stansted airport for a flight to Slovenia for work. Not an ideal start to a Bank Holiday Monday.

Could be worse, I'll shortly be on a bus heading across town for work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, time said:

Could be worse, I'll shortly be on a bus heading across town for work.

Had a ponder about this. I'll take the bus over the awful business of flying to be honest. For work anyway. ymmv.

Sounds glamorous but just isn't in practice imo, it's simply endless tedium in airports:-  having to be there hours beforehand, waiting at gates, queueing for customs, baggage, etc etc, (and I probably took a bus to get there anyway :lol:)

This from something of an aviation fan for the actual plane bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Going into hospital Monday to have a section of my small bowel removed due to Crohn's disease, I had a major flare-up on Wednesday last that took me in as an emergency dehydration case and the surgeon has moved me up the list from 5 years waiting for a op to Monday.

With some good surgery and also a bit of good luck this should give me a better quality of life for some time until the Crohn's comes back again.

• Like 2

Wishing good luck for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1