Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

20 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I will be flying back from Addis Ababa to Heathrow overnight. Been away for eleven days

I'm having an educated guess that Biblio's on Ethiopian Airlines flight ET700 bound for Blighty.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ETH700/2427a4e3

• Like 2

Cat - what’s the likelihood of me getting out of Seville on the Easy Jet flight at about 1:30pm tomorrow?

Just had a narrow escape.  Checking medicine drawer for thermometer, I found two!   Popped one in my mouth to make sure it was still working.

Turned the other one over and saw, inscribed in marker pen, the word DOG.  :o

• Haha 6

How many people on here are over 70 or have a long term health issue?

How likely are you to actually follow the self-isolation requests?

23 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Cat - what’s the likelihood of me getting out of Seville on the Easy Jet flight at about 1:30pm tomorrow?

Sorry, I've only just seen this. I take it you made it. 

9 hours ago, Deathray said:

Im 25 but my Dad is 65 and is awaiting heart surgery but says he isnt concerned a jot and wont self isolate unless he shows symptomns.

On 15/03/2020 at 13:55, Deathray said:

I am over 60 with long term health issues (type 2 and Crohn's)

I am just carrying on as normal, if I get it then so be it. I will probably collapse in a heap so no danger of me passing it on as I don't get visitors and I doubt if I will be fit enough to go anywhere.

I have been in self isolation for the last 5 years anyway since I gave up working.

• Sad 1

It was my Auntie's funeral today. She was the last of that generation on my Dad's side. When you live to 92 there are not many people to come to your funeral. There was her two sons and their wives. The four Grandchildren, two of whom had partners with them. Me, my two sisters one of their husbands and a lady who lived next door to her before she went into a care home. Nice service but a little bleak.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It was my Auntie's funeral today. She was the last of that generation on my Dad's side. When you live to 92 there are not many people to come to your funeral. There was her two sons and their wives. The four Grandchildren, two of whom had partners with them. Me, my two sisters one of their husbands and a lady who lived next door to her before she went into a care home. Nice service but a little bleak.

Sound ideal to me. She must’ve had the satisfaction of seeing many, many enemies die before her...

24 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Sound ideal to me. She must’ve had the satisfaction of seeing many, many enemies die before her...

Sounds like you may have known her

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

When you live to 92 there are not many people to come to your funeral.

On the other hand .... last month I went to a funeral in the next village.  Old boy of 85 or so.  Never married, no children or grandchildren (think he had a cousin and a nephew or two).  But the church was packed - standing room only.  Not many people achieve that kind of popularity across a whole community.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toast said:

On the other hand .... last month I went to a funeral in the next village.  Old boy of 85 or so.  Never married, no children or grandchildren (think he had a cousin and a nephew or two).  But the church was packed - standing room only.  Not many people achieve that kind of popularity across a whole community.

There was a wee old dear nearby who died a few months after the wean was born. Just went in her sleep one night out of the blue. She was lovely. Anyhow, never married or anything like that, had a few nieces who organised the funeral, but the church was absolutely packed too with regulars from around the area as she was so loved. Most of whom reacted in considerable shock to the news she was apparently 93 when she died! If you'd put me on the spot I'd have guessed 70, 75 at most.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

….but, on the other hand, he could have been a grumpy old bastard and the whole village attended the funeral to make sure that he was actually dead and that they would bury the bastard face down.

It's possible!:D

• Haha 3

My Mum's sister managed to pack the church out. She was the Brownie leader in her town and very active in the church. The new minister at the church was told he had to go to her funeral even though it was being held in the next town and he had never met her.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

….but, on the other hand, he could have been a grumpy old bastard and the whole village attended the funeral to make sure that he was actually dead and that they would bury the bastard face down.

It's possible!:D

I knew somebody would say that, and am not surprised that it was you :lol:

• Haha 2

Hi guys Sean here.Wishing everyone the best at this time.My Dad is awaiting heart surgery and I am working in a care home at the moment so havent been on here much and might not be for a while.

On 19/03/2020 at 19:20, Bibliogryphon said:

Thinking of you and sorry for your loss Biblio.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hi guys Sean here.Wishing everyone the best at this time.My Dad is awaiting heart surgery and I am working in a care home at the moment so havent been on here much and might not be for a while.

Hope all goes well, geezer. Take it easy and all the best to Sean Sr.

• Like 2

The most terrible thing about this bad cold that's flooring me is I'm too weak to skip YouTube ads and they are just as awful as you can imagine.

And it's trolling me. I go to sleep on my second phone, let it do its own thing and wake up to "Saturday Night Fever"

• Like 1

On 21/03/2020 at 00:23, Sean said:

I wouldn't waste too much time here, it has been overrun with posts about some sort of virus that is going around.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

The most terrible thing about this bad cold that's flooring me is I'm too weak to skip YouTube ads and they are just as awful as you can imagine.

And it's trolling me. I go to sleep on my second phone, let it do its own thing and wake up to "Saturday Night Fever"

I suggest it plays 'Don't you worry bout a thing'.

Just sayin, like.:D

• Haha 1

My GBF#2 just now: "you should really delete your entire Facebook and Twitter because you absolutely come across like a terrorist and Homeland Security..."

I don't! I'm just maybe a bit outspoken sometimes is all.

Also, calling for the whole government to be lined up and shot was perfectly justified. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boudicca said:

My GBF#2 just now: "you should really delete your entire Facebook and Twitter because you absolutely come across like a terrorist and Homeland Security..."

I don't! I'm just maybe a bit outspoken sometimes is all.

Also, calling for the whole government to be lined up and shot was perfectly justified. 

Your nearly 4 years late.....

5 hours ago, Boudicca said:

My GBF#2 just now:

OK, I'll bite. What is a GBF#2? 

• Like 1