Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

36 minutes ago, Toast said:

Especially when they've photoshopped themselves into resembling some sort of alien with unfeasibly huge eyes, sucked-in cheeks and a duck pout.

Lardys ones are good, tbf.

You cannot better a selfie when you have two ear plugs shoved up yer nose.

:D

44 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Lardys ones are good, tbf.

You cannot better a selfie when you have two ear plugs shoved up yer nose.

:mellow:

It’s pure attention seeking (mine aren’t) - it happens a lot on Fucking Mumsnet, people post a picture saying ‘how old do you think I am’ and then complain when you say 72, or people that are 7 stone going ‘oh I look so fat’ so that people say ‘oh no you’re gawjus’ - I say ‘yeh you could probably do with laying off the pies a bit tbf, no offence hun’.  I fucking HATE ‘hun’. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

:mellow:

It’s pure attention seeking (mine aren’t) - it happens a lot on Fucking Mumsnet, people post a picture saying ‘how old do you think I am’ and then complain when you say 72, or people that are 7 stone going ‘oh I look so fat’ so that people say ‘oh no you’re gawjus’ - I say ‘yeh you could probably do with laying off the pies a bit tbf, no offence hun’.  I fucking HATE ‘hun’. 

Class!

3 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

people post a picture saying ‘how old do you think I am’ and then complain when you say 72

:lol:

people that are 7 stone going ‘oh I look so fat’ so that people say ‘oh no you’re gawjus’ - I say ‘yeh you could probably do with laying off the pies a bit tbf

:lol:

I fucking HATE ‘hun’. 

The mark of a chav, no mistaking it.

• Like 2

The use of "hun" on Mumsnet gets the hapless newbie rightly castigated and ostracised. That shite is for Netmums and is the calling card of morons.

The use of "hun" on Scottish football forums gets you banned because sectarianism. 

I've been barred repeatedly from both (for more interesting reasons) so I'm the authority on this. 

I am being made redundant on 29 October after 24 years with my current employer.

• Sad 6
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am being made redundant on 29 October after 24 years with my current employer.

Brexit?

That'll be a good redundancy bung, given your service, but coming out to a world of job losses...feel for you Biblio.

Good luck getting something new quickly.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Brexit?

That'll be a good redundancy bung, given your service, but coming out to a world of job losses...feel for you Biblio.

Good luck getting something new quickly.

Only statutory. I am barely getting any more than I got for 5 years service with British Coal back in 1996.

More Covid than Brexit.

Now full time job hunting because I am.working my notice on Furlough.

Bear with me on SHBD

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

That must feel very sad Biblio - were you expecting it or did it come as a surprise?

As Willz says good luck getting something new as quickly as you want.

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

That must feel very sad Biblio - were you expecting it or did it come as a surprise?

As Willz says good luck getting something new as quickly as you want.

Massive shock actually. Not really been an organisation to make redundancies, tended to manage change through natural wastage.

The pay was crap but the security made up for it.

Really sorry Bib. Plenty of people in this particularly shit boat at the moment, but hopefully with your obvious time-served experience and loyalty you'll get snapped up very soon. 

• Thanks 1

Early retirement?

Do you have enough years to qualify for a full state pension? (35)

How many years left on your mortgage?

What are you qualified to do?

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Early retirement?

Do you have enough years to qualify for a full state pension? (35)

How many years left on your mortgage?

What are you qualified to do?

Well my British Coal pension started paying out last year but it is not enough to live on. The pension from this employment will not pay out until 2034. 

I am a Chartered Chemist with 25 years experience in the analytical testing of materials for consumer products. In normal times I should find a suitable position but these are not normal times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Sorry to hear this.  It also pisses me off when people say oh well you’ll get a nice big redundancy payout like it’s a blessing, because more often than not people only get statutory amounts which is capped at 20 years service and a take home pay of about 400 quid a week, so what you will get won’t last you very long at all if you still have mortgage etc.  Here’s hoping you find something to keep you going. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well my British Coal pension started paying out last year but it is not enough to live on. The pension from this employment will not pay out until 2034. 

I am a Chartered Chemist with 25 years experience in the analytical testing of materials for consumer products. In normal times I should find a suitable position but these are not normal times.

In other words the sort of person the economy can source afford to lose. No much I can say, Biblio, it's a shitter. Best of luck in finding a quick solution somehow.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Has the secret service finally realised you've tipped above their age limits? :P 

Sorry I couldn't resist that one (you don't how disappointed I was when you said you were a chemist, that said - perfect cover).... anyway in all seriousness, I hope things work out for you  looking for another job - it must be serious for them to be letting people with that much service go. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Has the secret service finally realised you've tipped above their age limits? :P 

Sorry I couldn't resist that one (you don't how disappointed I was when you said you were a chemist, that said - perfect cover).... anyway in all seriousness, I hope things work out for you  looking for another job - it must be serious for them to be letting people with that much service go. 

About 10% of the workforce

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Really sorry to hear that, has happened to me before so know what it feels like.

Hope you get fixed up with something appropriate for your talents and experience soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

In other words the sort of person the economy can source afford to lose. No much I can say, Biblio, it's a shitter. Best of luck in finding a quick solution somehow.

I do love an inadvertent pun.

Anyway, just been speaking to two friends this evening - also redundant with immediate effect.

• Sad 1

I've just been to the launderette to collect my wash and I'm not entirely convinced that one of the pairs of jeans are mine, the thing is I have so many clothes they could very well be mine and I  just don't remember them. They are my size which adds to the confusion and from a shop I do but clothes from, but they don't look or feel familiar. It's happened before but with tea towels. I'm not sure what to do, other than buy fewer clothes and get my washing machine fixed.     

Edit- Sorry @Bibliogryphon I didn't see your bad news. Wishing you well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

39 bloody emails before I worked out how to switch them off :(

I was the lucky recipient of my very own personal abuse after deleting the group message <_< 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I was the lucky recipient of my very own personal abuse after deleting the group message <_< 

You should have kept quiet about that.  Now we all want some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

39 bloody emails before I worked out how to switch them off :(

I still haven't (although hopefully the storm has blown itself out now anyway), anyone care to enlighten me please? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

I still haven't (although hopefully the storm has blown itself out now anyway), anyone care to enlighten me please? Thanks.

I got the dm. Sent to 90+ users. Not read all the replies yet because it's 3 pages long.

image.png.b60b0dcace2a82923c9508d6ee887eee.png