Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

46 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I had you down as too posh and sophisticated to shop in Aldi. I visualise you  as a Waitrose or Marks and Spencer food hall kind of lady.Sainsburys  at a push!

I think this discussion has been had in the past.  I shop anywhere that is convenient at the time.

As I live out in the sticks, I tend to shop in different towns and use whatever's there.  So I use them all, and there are certain items that will take me to, say Tesco instead of Sainsburys (or vice versa).  I prefer Sainsburys bread to Tesco's, and Tesco's ice cream to Sainsburys.

If I want a premium item, I sometimes check on the internet to see which one has it on offer and go there.

I am not a fan of M&S because they don't have a proper website where you can see what they've got.  I go in sometimes but only for the odd item.

Otherwise I happily patronise Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsburys, Iceland, Lidl and Aldi.  There isn't a Morrisons near me, nor a decent-sized Asda.

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

I think this discussion has been had in the past.  I shop anywhere that is convenient at the time.

As I live out in the sticks, I tend to shop in different towns and use whatever's there.  So I use them all, and there are certain items that will take me to, say Tesco instead of Sainsburys (or vice versa).  I prefer Sainsburys bread to Tesco's, and Tesco's ice cream to Sainsburys.

If I want a premium item, I sometimes check on the internet to see which one has it on offer and go there.

I am not a fan of M&S because they don't have a proper website where you can see what they've got.  I go in sometimes but only for the odd item.

Otherwise I happily patronise Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsburys, Iceland, Lidl and Aldi.  There isn't a Morrisons near me, nor a decent-sized Asda.

Oh I can't recall a shopping discussion with you before  but rather a discussion on you being a crossbreed between Joan Collins and Penelope Keith with a large dash of Jane Moore maybe being in the mix!:D

I love the potato gratin  from M&S but I haven't  bought it since the lockdown started as I don't feel it's worth going into a supermarket for such a small number of preferred items .There will be time post pandemic to gorge on my favourites!

Being out in the sticks do you ever frequent farmers markets /farm shops?One a few miles from me did great trade in the first lockdown. 

58 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Unless Toastie has big, hairy bollocks, he won't be interested.:D

Doh! My gaydar has always been a bit off kilter!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I can't recall a shopping discussion with you before  but rather a discussion on you being a crossbreed between Joan Collins and Penelope Keith with a large dash of Jane Moore maybe being in the mix!:D

I love the potato gratin  from M&S but I haven't  bought it since the lockdown started as I don't feel it's worth going into a supermarket for such a small number of preferred items .There will be time post pandemic to gorge on my favourites!

Being out in the sticks do you ever frequent farmers markets /farm shops?One a few miles from me did great trade in the first lockdown.

I think it arose when I mentioned Waitrose and LFN accused me of being posh. :D

The last time I went out to the shops I did go into M&S but only to buy a pack of chorizo pigs in blankets which had been highly recommended.  They were all right, but I wouldn't bother again.

We have an excellent butcher/farm shop out in the wilds a few miles away, which is where I buy anything meaty.  Proper bacon cured on site, many kinds of sausage etc. and compares favourably pricewise to supermarkets as well as being way better for quality. 

Mind you, there is another one in the opposite direction which is outrageously expensive, and they are suspected of getting their meat from the other one and jacking up the prices. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, msc said:

Newest poster: @TheSeventhSeal with avatar of a seal.

I hope this isn't Deathers latest "Banned in ten minutes" account because that is very funny imo.

Sorry, should have quoted you. Well, we're off to a flying start.

• Like 2

Didn’t anticipate that changing all my signature for 2021 was going to take over an hour.

Never mind. I’m going to begin drinking now and pretend I’m out out, as per the pre-Covid plan. Fuck it.

HNY! :champagne:

• Like 1

I should not let this annoy me but it does anyway.

On telling a nieghbour that one of the headlights on his car was not working his reply was "I know, you are the third person to tell me in the last month"

I should have told him to 'fix the bloody thing them' but I just walked home with steam coming out of my ears. 

On 12/01/2021 at 08:39, torbrexbones said:

On telling a nieghbour that one of the headlights on his car was not working his reply was "I know, you are the third person to tell me in the last month"

I should have told him to 'fix the bloody thing them' but I just walked home with steam coming out of my ears. 

111 is your friend. Danger to other road users. That's if they aren't too busy arresting folk for having a cup of tea on a bench. 

On 12/01/2021 at 08:39, torbrexbones said:

Tip.

Go out tonight and smash the cunts other light.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Houdini said:

111 is your friend. Danger to other road users. That's if they aren't too busy arresting folk for having a cup of tea on a bench. 

If you ring 111 to report that your neighbour has a headlight out a) they will laugh at you down the phone and b) you’re a time wasting prick.

• Like 1

My MD at work tested positive for ‘Rona today. Now awaiting another Covid/gag reflex test. Joy.

9 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

My MD at work tested positive for ‘Rona today. Now awaiting another Covid/gag reflex test. Joy.

Someone told me if you clench the fist of the hand you aren't using that stops the gag reflex - I asked my wife if she would help me test this out but she wasn't up for it :P

• Haha 2

On 18/01/2021 at 16:34, The Quim Reaper said:

Gag reflex shameful, but I am Covid-free as it turns out.

• Like 3

So gutted, I thought I was keeping my diabetes under control but after a blood test last week, I got the result for my HbA1c levels back today and they have jumped 15 points.

I'm going to treat this as a wake-up call as I don't want to go back to injecting insulin again so I basically need to stop eating everything that I enjoy and get down to eating stuff that is good for me even if it tastes like cardboard.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

So gutted, I thought I was keeping my diabetes under control but after a blood test last week, I got the result for my HbA1c levels back today and they have jumped 15 points.

I'm going to treat this as a wake-up call as I don't want to go back to injecting insulin again so I basically need to stop eating everything that I enjoy and get down to eating stuff that is good for me even if it tastes like cardboard.

Nah. You cannot do that either. Starvation for you.  Cardboard shortage forces retailers to box clever - BBC News

• Like 1

Just heard a Glaswegian fella say in conversation “The fucking cunt’s a nice enough guy” which I think might be the best phrase I’ve ever heard.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just heard a Glaswegian fella say in conversation “The fucking cunt’s a nice enough guy” which I think might be the best phrase I’ve ever heard.

When I was much younger and getting used to the internet, one early life lesson was that, unlike Glasgow, the rest of the world doesn't tend to take "Aright you fucking tosser, how's it going?" as a cheerful greeting.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, msc said:

When I was much younger and getting used to the internet, one early life lesson was that, unlike Glasgow, the rest of the world doesn't tend to take "Aright you fucking tosser, how's it going?" as a cheerful greeting.

Perfectly tame in my social circles! Obsequious, even.

• Like 1

Look at this little gem from that thing, Ian.

Sorry to hear that the sister of #JoWhiley is seriously ill with #coronavirus due to an administrative error and she was not vaccinated.Can I offer my deepest apologies to

@jowhiley

on behalf of the #conservative govt.We have done well,but some glitches still happen sadly.

10:19 PM · Feb 16, 2021·Twitter Web App

Posted under his Cecilia Twitter account.

A genuine headcase. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Facepalm 1

Realised today that this is Census year, where has the last 10 years gone?

11 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Realised today that this is Census year, where has the last 10 years gone?

Aye! Me too. 10 years ago I was living in Wales. 

Has anyone lived long enough to buy a second bottle of Worcestershire sauce?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Has anyone lived long enough to buy a second bottle of Worcestershire sauce?

I've bought loads of bottles (when I was working in a bar).

On a similar note, has anyone lived long enough to need a replacement light bulb for their fridge?

• Like 1

Something very strange has happened to me today.

I was accused of being 'sexist' because I called the accuser, a man, a cunt. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1