Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

I saw a photo of Hillary Clinton today. I think she's turning in to Cilla Black!

• Like 1

I saw a photo of Hillary Clinton today. I think she's turning in to Cilla Black!

I fucking HATE Cilla Black.

Just had a conversation related to me.

I have discovered that my daughter is an ungrateful **!!@~#!!

Im fucking livid. :wub:

Im fucking livid. :angry2:

Kids are supposed to be ungrateful little shites, aren't they?

Maybe.

Im still fucked off tho.

EDIT: Im more hurt than fucked off.

Maybe.

Im still fucked off tho.

EDIT: Im more hurt than fucked off.

Spill the beans: Paraphrase the related conversation and why you are angry.

I got a new job today.

Well done. Doing what?

I got a new job today.

Well done. Doing what?

Brokering home care services, nursing home placements, respite care, that sort of thing. Lots more paperwork, lots more hassle, no more pay :lol:

Yeah, but an inside track on a few obit-worthy types, maybe.

Every cloud and that Lardy, or summat.

Woooohooooo!!!!!!! I'm free from Facebook! Mark Zuckerberg can kiss my ass! So can all the people from my high school I don't care about and my family!

Woooohooooo!!!!!!! I'm free from Facebook! Mark Zuckerberg can kiss my ass! So can all the people from my high school I don't care about and my family!

I've never seen the fascination in gifting big brother corporations information to data mine and correlate, all under the guise of a stalking keeping in touch.

Same thing with flybuys and credit card "rewards" schemes. There's no way I'm letting third party corporates know what/where/when I buy (adding to the data mine) just for some "credits" that might get me a kettle in ten years time.

I don't have anything to hide, but as sure as shite I'm not going to open myself to whatever nefarious schemes these corporations have in mind. I am a person, not data to be exploited.

I've never seen the fascination in gifting big brother corporations information to data mine and correlate, all under the guise of a stalking keeping in touch.

Same thing with flybuys and credit card "rewards" schemes. There's no way I'm letting third party corporates know what/where/when I buy (adding to the data mine) just for some "credits" that might get me a kettle in ten years time.

I don't have anything to hide, but as sure as shite I'm not going to open myself to whatever nefarious schemes these corporations have in mind. I am a person, not data to be exploited.

Um....OK. I was just referring to the idiots in my family, but that's also a fair point.

I deactivated my account about a month ago... I hope you turned off the "send private message notifications to my inbox" feature, because if someone mass mails a group or event that you were in, you can still receive it...

I deactivated my account about a month ago... I hope you turned off the "send private message notifications to my inbox" feature, because if someone mass mails a group or event that you were in, you can still receive it...

I chose to delete my account. Facebook deactivates it for two weeks and then they delete it. I guess they hope you'll come crawling back.

I chose to delete my account. Facebook deactivates it for two weeks and then they delete it. I guess they hope you'll come crawling back.

I was led to understand that they never actually delete it, it is just deactivated but any information can still be accessed by savvy persons in the know. I'm not sure who said it first, but it was remarked that trying to remove data from the internet is like trying to take piss out of a swimming pool.

I agree with our antipodean correspondent in that I too have nothing to hide but the computers that increasingly control our lives are prone to errors. How many talentless twats, usually in government organisations, have said "It must be right, it's on the computer!"

Garbage in - garbage out.

I was led to understand that they never actually delete it, it is just deactivated but any information can still be accessed by savvy persons in the know. I'm not sure who said it first, but it was remarked that trying to remove data from the internet is like trying to take piss out of a swimming pool.

To an extent that is always true. Pages are cached, etc.... Facebook does offer an account deletion option but you really have to look for it. They put your account in "deactivated" status for 14 days and if you don't touch it during that time it is deleted. If you ever want to rejoin you have to rebuild.

I'll y'all know how it works in 11 days. What I do know at this moment is that I am astounded at how much time I spent on Facebook - it's really ridiculous.

To an extent that is always true. Pages are cached, etc.... Facebook does offer an account deletion option but you really have to look for it. They put your account in "deactivated" status for 14 days and if you don't touch it during that time it is deleted. If you ever want to rejoin you have to rebuild.

I'll y'all know how it works in 11 days. What I do know at this moment is that I am astounded at how much time I spent on Facebook - it's really ridiculous.

Okay. Can I follow you on Twitter? :rolleyes:

Okay. Can I follow you on Twitter? :banghead:

:D Feel free, but my tweets make even less sense.

I'm going to be a (far too young) great aunt in November.

I'm going to be a (far too young) step-great uncle in September. :banghead:

(Making my sister a step-grandmother aged 27).

I'm going to be a (far too young) step-great uncle in September. :banghead:

(Making my sister a step-grandmother aged 27).

My step-niece's grandfather is my step-nephew's father. Work that one out if you can.

:banghead:

The best I can do is that my great aunt was also my step-great grandmother, and my great grandfather was also my great uncle.

(My maternal great grandfather married my dad's aunt).

• Like 1