Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Have no idea where's the appropriate thread for this, so this one was my pick....

Our town's resident homeless drunk type person passed away a few days ago. Stevie was a regular fixture outside the Co-op where he lived in his window bay, all hours of the day and night. During the summer, he would briefly wonder over to the park and sit there for occasional afternoons, but mostly he took root in his window and hated leaving for fear of missing the chance to sponge a few quid or a fag. Many, many locals, Church and authority officials went to enormous lengths over the years so give Stevie a better quality of life than the one he had fallen into. He repelled every single attempt to help him and much preferred the predictability and security of a bottle of own brand rocket fuel to anything others could offer him in the way of regular home comforts. He was, however, a jolly, approachable and cheerful man and if you took the time to speak with him, that time was never wasted. You always left with a different perspective on whichever topic was popular that day.

This evening, on my way home, I paused to admire the growing pile of floral and other tributes to Stevie which have taken the place of his usual pile of precious tat in the Co-op window bay. It struck me, Stevie was looking down from up high, pondering the scene and going puce with rage. For the cost of all them flowers he could have gone out in style with a bottle of Napoleon's finest. Sod's law really. You have to die to be fully appreciated.

He still could.

His coffin could be marinated in the stuff before cremation.

• Like 2

Have no idea where's the appropriate thread for this, so this one was my pick....

For future reference ;)

• Like 2

*Dons white coat and stephoscope*

Were you checked out for a hiatus hernia LFN? That can cause acid reflux, but smoking lessens the effect. If you run your finger down your sternum and there's a slight bump at the bottom end, that could be the cause. Hopefully your GP would have thought of this, but surgeries are stretched to the limit at the moment, meaning basic stuff can be overlooked.

Funny you should say that DDT but, yes, I looked that up before I went.

I have a rare/occasional acid reflux and I do have a bump at the bottom end!!

I showed this to my GP, even mentioned the hiatus hernia scenario but, no.......

She said the bump is the end of the sternum.

I think I will end up getting sent around the houses before we find out what the problem is!

This reminds me of when my Dad and his mate had something similar. My Dad is sure it's indigestion but to avoid the hassle and prescription charges and the like he convinces his mate to go to the Doctors. His mate comes back from the doctors - indigestion. Great thinks my Dad. 2 days later his mate doesn't turn up - he's died. Dad immediately gets in touch with BUPA £100 consultation, day off work, turns out it was indigestion. Goes to his mate's funeral and says to his wife so what did he die of. Oh, she says, run over by a bus.

• Like 6

Finally having op to get my wisdom tooth out today. Routine, but as people keep telling me, anything involving a general anaesthetic is never totally safe! Therefore, if you don't here from me again, it's been a blast :smileyd:

• Like 1

* I got one out on Champion Hurdle day '02. Had to go to the Uni Hospital, local anesthetic.

Wee prick wasn't strong enough to pull it out :D, and the big dungaree wearing nurse pushed him out the way, got both hands involved and ruined me :/

Ftr, drove home against advice, had first pint inside 20 mins against advice, and got the winner in the Hurdle....

Not a bad day, the Wednesday was worse ;)

Fuck me, typing that I actually remember the first horse I backed that day. <loser>. Arch Stanton.

Which if you are of a certain age will ring bells namewise.

• Like 1

James Corden is the new Dr Who.

• Like 1

Who?

James Corden is the new Dr Who.

I thought they were hoping for a woman, not a little bitch...

• Like 1

Now that would be funny

Would make the stonewall riots look like the stonewall riots

Did they finally ban Dr Zorders again?

Anybody watching the Simon Brodkin Doco on Channel 4?

'Britains Greatest Hoaxer' is mostly fucking over Britains Got Talent.... :D

Anybody watching the Simon Brodkin Doco on Channel 4?

'Britains Greatest Hoaxer' is mostly fucking over Britains Got Talent.... :D

Haven`t seen it but will have to tune in as everyone is raving about it.

Biblio Snr has just gone into surgery for a hip replacement. However found out last night that my elder siblings who have medical POA have agreed a DNR policy if things go wrong. Quite worried.

Good luck to Biblio Snr.

• Like 1

Thinking of the whole library of Biblios at this time. Good luck with the op.

• Like 1

Thinking of you, Biblio. Very hard when loved ones have health worries. Hope everything turns out fine. xx

• Like 1

Don't worry members loved ones tend to overeact in these situations. As long as the surgeon is component and your father has no serious health issues he'll be fine.

Don't worry members loved ones tend to overeact in these situations. As long as the surgeon is component and your father has no serious health issues he'll be fine.

I love this post.

• Like 2

Oh, I hope your father will be well! It's always terrible to lose parents.

Did I miss some great skullduggerous intrigue and altercation that resulted in such ban?? Dang it! I am never around at the right time. I tend to avoid getting into such forum spats myself but I am a great voyeur of such spectacles and Caisson had the potential for at least a 3 bag of popcorn handbag swinging fest. However, I'm sure another troll will be along to take his place shortly.

Did I miss some great skullduggerous intrigue and altercation that resulted in such ban?? Dang it! I am never around at the right time. I tend to avoid getting into such forum spats myself but I am a great voyeur of such spectacles and Caisson had the potential for at least a 3 bag of popcorn handbag swinging fest. However, I'm sure he will be along again in another guise to take his own place shortly.

FTFY

• Like 2