EndOfTheRoad

Why Don't You Pin/sticky A Post Where You Admit To Abandoning The Site?

I have came here for YEARS as a lurker but not active member of these forums. I thought it was entertaining.

That entertainment is now meaningless to me as I've realized the owner/operator of this website has basically forsaken it. I mean come on... how many people die a year on these lists? On average it would require an update once a month. Yet it is taking weeks for updates. That is ridiculous because it never used to be like this.

If you are incapable of keeping up your own website, give that authority to some talented person here who will.

Maybe now some regulars will take shots at me saying "Owner of the board can do what he wants" etc. but the facts are facts... He doesn't update nearly as often as he should. Some witty comment parodying "don't leave home without it" a month later doesn't cut it.

He can certainly do "whatever he wants" and he has chosen to do nothing. So I can choose to not frequent the site just because that bothers the &$#& out of me.

And I'm not going to be a mean spirited guy about this... I've got great advice for the missing-in-action website admin: You should apply for a job as an American mass transit vehicle operator. You seem to have what it takes to do that kind of job. Not paying attention to your responsibilities goes a long way.

PS: I do apologize if that bloke has cancer and is laying in a bed surrounded by family and friends as they struggle to breathe.

I'd have to agree. Especially considering the sterling job OoO does on the death pool site and updates.

I mean how long does it take to write a sentence and click upload? (Unless you have Parkinson's of course - apologies if that is the reason ...)

I have came here for YEARS as a lurker ... Maybe now some regulars will take shots at me saying "Owner of the board can do what he wants" etc. but the facts are facts... He doesn't update nearly as often as he should. Some witty comment ... goes a long way.

PS: I do apologize if that bloke has cancer and is laying in a bed surrounded by family and friends as they struggle to breathe.

I'd have to agree. ... (Unless you have Parkinson's of course - apologies if that is the reason ...)

EndOfTheRoad, I, for one, applaud your reservation of that "ugh.. ugh... YEAH!" cherry-popping 1st post for this splendid, if bemusing, rant. Like waiting until the night of your wedding to make love to your new bride, Holly Willoughby, only to discover that in actual fact she's not really all that pretty close-up, and she smells a bit off, and she has very hirsute areolae.

That said, I hadn't even noticed a lag in updates by GR. I never go to the homepage, I just go straight to the forums, which everyone else seems to update in almost real-time, including those who also run their own deadpool sites. And, as people often say in reply to newly-joined former long-time lurkers' 1st-post rants, the "Owner of the board can do what he (or she) wants". Insert smiley of your choice here

As regards the GR health rumours, I heard it was H1N1, hybridized with a mutated strain of kitten AIDS. The sort of stuff Monoclinic works on. Coincidence? You decide...

I have came here for YEARS as a lurker but not active member of these forums. I thought it was entertaining.

That entertainment is now meaningless to me as I've realized the owner/operator of this website has basically forsaken it. I mean come on... how many people die a year on these lists? On average it would require an update once a month. Yet it is taking weeks for updates. That is ridiculous because it never used to be like this.

If you are incapable of keeping up your own website, give that authority to some talented person here who will.

Maybe now some regulars will take shots at me saying "Owner of the board can do what he wants" etc. but the facts are facts... He doesn't update nearly as often as he should. Some witty comment parodying "don't leave home without it" a month later doesn't cut it.

He can certainly do "whatever he wants" and he has chosen to do nothing. So I can choose to not frequent the site just because that bothers the &$#& out of me.

And I'm not going to be a mean spirited guy about this... I've got great advice for the missing-in-action website admin: You should apply for a job as an American mass transit vehicle operator. You seem to have what it takes to do that kind of job. Not paying attention to your responsibilities goes a long way.

Here, let me paraphrase...

I have been coming here for years to read what others contribute, but I couldn't be arsed posting anything because I was happy to just sponge off others.

I would be happy for GR to update the homepage once a month, you know, like every four weeks, but I mean, it's taking him weeks. Sometimes it can be as many as four! I know I said I'd be happy with that, but, for God's sake, I said that, like over a sentence ago!

I won't be coming back to a website that's updated as often as I said I'd be happy with. I mean, it's just ridiculous that things aren't done quicker than I want when I've contributed so much over the years in this single post.

I'm calling for GR to stop putting in more effort than me, and force someone else to jump to my tune and be on call at a moment's notice to update it instantaneously. I won't know whether he has or even care, because I'm so annoyed I won't be coming back. It's all too much effort to actually come back, and heaven forbid that I contribute anything. That's be waaaay too much work for a whinging sponger like me.

And by the way, I''m going to whack in some useless analogy about US bus drivers, because that's the breadth of my vision for describing people who I consider do more work than me but are fair game for derision. Probably because I secretly wanted to be one, but it's too much like hard work. Still, the uniforms, the authority, the way they open and close that door with their big handle... ooh, yeah. Uniform... handle... authority.. ooh, baby. Erm, uh, anyway, I'll apologise for my rant because I'm too weak-willed to even stick by the one conviction that's driven me to post my first message.

I think I need to have a lie down now.

There, that's better.

Hopefully you'll register and stick around. We need more ranters and whinging pratts around here. Every village needs an idiot, and we seem to have misplaced ours.

I have been coming here for years to read what others contribute, but I couldn't be arsed posting anything because I was happy to just sponge off others.

I would be happy for GR to update the homepage once a month, you know, like every four weeks, but I mean, it's taking him weeks. Sometimes it can be as many as four! I know I said I'd be happy with that, but, for God's sake, I said that, like over a sentence ago!

I won't be coming back to a website that's updated as often as I said I'd be happy with. I mean, it's just ridiculous that things aren't done quicker than I want when I've contributed so much over the years in this single post.

I'm calling for GR to stop putting in more effort than me, and force someone else to jump to my tune and be on call at a moment's notice to update it instantaneously. I won't know whether he has or even care, because I'm so annoyed I won't be coming back. It's all too much effort to actually come back, and heaven forbid that I contribute anything. That's be waaaay too much work for a whinging sponger like me.

And by the way, I''m going to whack in some useless analogy about US bus drivers, because that's the breadth of my vision for describing people who I consider do more work than me but are fair game for derision. Probably because I secretly wanted to be one, but it's too much like hard work. Still, the uniforms, the authority, the way they open and close that door with their big handle... ooh, yeah. Uniform... handle... authority.. ooh, baby. Erm, uh, anyway, I'll apologise for my rant because I'm too weak-willed to even stick by the one conviction that's driven me to post my first message.

There, that's better.

Hopefully you'll register and stick around. We need more ranters and whinging pratts around here. Every village needs an idiot, and we seem to have misplaced ours.

ROTFLMHO - Honez - very good.

I read that "off" rant of his and couldn't really be arsed to have a go back seeing as he sort of said he was off. But your re-write is spot-on, well done.

There, that's better.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Guest Bob Loblah

26Jul09

Dear Rotten Ali,

Your command of the English language is rotten.

Look up antiquated.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

There, that's better.

ROTFLMHO - Honez - very good.

I read that "off" rant of his and couldn't really be arsed to have a go back seeing as he sort of said he was off. But your re-write is spot-on, well done.

I have came here for YEARS as a lurker but not active member of these forums. I thought it was entertaining.....

That entertainment is now meaningless to me as I've realized the owner/operator of this website has basically forsaken it. I mean He can certainly do "whatever he wants" and he has chosen to do nothing. So I can choose to not frequent the site just because that bothers the &$#& out of me.

Yeah whatever. I figure you will continue lurking and wan_king as you peruse this site hourly you've already made clear you have no life or ability to click out some simple words in current threads or add anything constructive.

There, that's better.

Nicely done Honez although there are problems. You see you jaguared to the conclusion that mass transit meant only bus drivers (perhaps that was a referential/reverential homage moment to the father of the late George Harrison who had a Pop who was said to have driven a bus) mass transit here in the U.S.A. includes other things as well, subway trains, commuter trains, light rail trains, and maybe other things which might be like trains because everybody loves trains. Well, not everybody----I'm sure the shotgun wedding groom might not be too in love with the bridal dress train but then that is another matter. The point here is that you neglected a segment of mass transit which rather than having big fat handles to tug at------to open and close doors (what did you pervs think I meant?)) the train segment...........mmmm.....trains...............anyway the trains usually involve yanking and pushing on some sort of stick. Oftent the stick has a knob at the end which End of Road might relate to as he seems to be a knob. Which brings me to my next question Honez~~~~~~~~~~~~could it would it be possible to change the title under End of Road from spammer to w*nker? Just asking.

Sorry to hear there may be health issues with Grim hope it's just a nasty rumor/rumour which is sitting perched and festering on the alleged brains of people such as End Of.

The board itself seems to be functioning quite well and posters seem to be content------most of the time----so with that said I will return to my crackers and tuna salad.

Cue the music please::::: Hava nagila hava nagila hava nagilah

Everybody----------

Hava nagila, hava nagila, hava nagila

Ve-nisma-cha, ve-nisma-cha

Hava na-ranana, have na-ranana, hava na-ranana

Ve-nisma-cha, ve-nisma cha

Uru, uru achim

Ur'achim be-lev sa-me-ach

Ur'achim, ur'achim, be-lev sa-me-ach