Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

Man, in Hollywood parlance, this shit just got real - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Suspending parliament, then. Let's all have a quiet civilized little chat hereabouts over some imaginary tea and biscuits.

Personally speaking I politely suggest it is a terrible idea!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Man, in Hollywood parlance, this shit just got real - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Suspending parliament, then. Let's all have a quiet civilized little chat hereabouts over some imaginary tea and biscuits.

Personally speaking I politely suggest it is a terrible idea!

This is massive.

Logistically speaking it was going to happen.Boris wont get a no deal or deal through the commons and if he calls a general election without delivering Brexit the Tories are toast.

Whichever way you look at it the country will be ungovernable for a generation.Whether we leave or remain about half the country will be incensed

and if you go down the compromise soft Brexit  route everyone will be incensed.

Also you have both sides feeling democracy is dead .That is pretty dangerous and there isn't really a solution to that as all 3 outcomes will leave the country bitterly divided.

There will almost certainly be a realignment of British politics in the coming years.

• Like 2

What with Prince Andrew the queen must be annoyed to become part of a de factor culture war in the uk.

• Haha 1

Why have I got a feeling this isn't going to end well.  Let's be real both sides remain and leave have to take responsibility for causing this mess.The us and them (brexiteers and remainers) attitude ain't going to solve anything.The us and them should be the people and the criminal fuckers on both the left and right in power.

But fact is as soon as you ignore democracy it can only lead to violence unless it's a dictatorship and even then it's an uneasy peace. 

18 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Why have I got a feeling this isn't going to end well.  Let's be real both sides remain and leave have to take responsibility for causing this mess.The us and them (brexiteers and remainers) attitude ain't going to solve anything.The us and them should be the people and the criminal fuckers on both the left and right in power.

But fact is as soon as you ignore democracy it can only lead to violence unless it's a dictatorship and even then it's an uneasy peace. 

It won't end well as it can't end well.

• Like 2

Let's see if he gives Trump any ideas. 

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

What with Prince Andrew the queen must be annoyed to become part of a de factor culture war in the uk.

Saw a decent meme on FB today but can't find it to copy it but basically, the Duchess of Cambridge is talking to the Queen and she says: "Every time I knosh William's knob it makes me feel sick"

And the Queen says: "Have you tried Andrews?"

• Haha 2

So, the one safe prediction I'll make on the current political situation

Boris will get some picks in next year's DDP (currently a Boris free zone!)

19 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, the one safe prediction I'll make on the current political situation

Boris will get some picks in next year's DDP (currently a Boris free zone!)

Assuming he's still alive by December 31st, of course. He may have suffered the same fate as his paternal great-grandfather by then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

Yes, his paternal great-grandfather was named Ali Kemal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JQW said:

Assuming he's still alive by December 31st, of course. He may have suffered the same fate as his paternal great-grandfather by then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Kemal

Yes, his paternal great-grandfather was named Ali Kemal.

Fascinating, thanks

13 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

image.jpeg

Truth hurts,either way.

Bawjaws statement actively welcoming contempt of Parliament votes and a VoNC.

No circumstances he will go to EU and ask for a delay. Even in the event it is the law of the land by the sounds of it.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Bawjaws statement actively welcoming contempt of Parliament votes and a VoNC.

No circumstances he will go to EU and ask for a delay. Even in the event it is the law of the land by the sounds of it.

Yeah an election is inevitable now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Bawjaws'  bull is out of control.

A bull bumps into a plain clothes police officer (left) while being walked by Prime Minister Boris Johnson during his visit to Darnford Farm in Banchory near Aberdeen

More Bullshit!!

Out of control indeed - the full 21+ minutes of the rambling mess is a complete toe curler:

And that's without the fallout today including the local chief constable somewhat miffed that Bojo partially ducked his original promise of talking about the improved police recruitment in the area and used the new recruits as window dressing in an attempt to launch an election campaign.

On 02/09/2019 at 18:20, Sean said:

Yeah an election is inevitable now.

It's not. The opposition have refused him it and will refuse him it again on Monday.

He could potentially refuse the bill Royal Assent (the Queen takes advice from her ministers as to whether to grant royal assent, so he could advise her not to give it royal assent even if it passed parliament. He'd likely be held in contempt of parliament - but what exactly happens? Nout.) 

Unless he VoNCs himself (which bizarrely he could still lose (read win) that vote if the opposition remain this united "don't worry Boris we've got faith in you" lol). Even if he won the VoNC (read lost it) he'd possibly attempt to claim the FTPA doesn't have provisions for an opposition party to form the new government (read strictly it doesn't) and the Labour party's rainbow coalition would need to take him to court to prove they could form a government as outlined in the non-legally binding Cabinet Manual - whether they could do that before no deal is anyone's guess. 

I love to say it but that complete cunt Nick Clegg has a lot of the blame for this current shitshow to carry. Without his stupid legislation we'd have already gone back to the polls. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

It's not. The opposition have refused him it and will refuse him it again on Monday.

He could potentially refuse the bill Royal Assent (the Queen takes advice from her ministers as to whether to grant royal assent, so he could advise her not to give it royal assent even if it passed parliament. He'd likely be held in contempt of parliament - but what exactly happens? Nout.) 

Unless he VoNCs himself (which bizarrely he could still lose (read win) that vote if the opposition remain this united "don't worry Boris we've got faith in you" lol). Even if he won the VoNC (read lost it) he'd possibly attempt to claim the FTPA doesn't have provisions for an opposition party to form the new government (read strictly it doesn't) and the Labour party's rainbow coalition would need to take him to court to prove they could form a government as outlined in the non-legally binding Cabinet Manual - whether they could do that before no deal is anyone's guess. 

I love to say it but that complete cunt Nick Clegg has a lot of the blame for this current shitshow to carry. Without his stupid legislation we'd have already gone back to the polls. 

I said it was inevitable not imment.There will be a general election this year.It is when that is a matter of debate.This parliament will be dissolved by 2020 no matter what happens.

• Like 1

Parliament will be dissolved in November at the latest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Parliament will be dissolved in November at the latest.

I'm inclined to agree on that point. But I could also see Boris refusing to give Corbyn the 2/3rds majority for an election if he hadn't got no deal through. And enough of the 36 independents giving tacit backing to Johnson to get over the confidence line, with us limbering into next year.