Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

We'll see how much he wants to deliver brexit.  Is he willing to go to jail? Sounds like the media adding things on to make a more tasty story. 

• Like 1

Tories now Ruth-less and Rudd-erless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Now let's impeach him screams certain parts of the Press.

If it collapses into chaos,  can we do it from 15th October, when I'm in Greece..... after all, stopping air travel due to a general strike would do me and I'd get some extra holiday :D:D

19 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

Now let's impeach him screams certain parts of the Press.

If it collapses into chaos,  can we do it from 15th October, when I'm in Greece..... after all, stopping air travel due to a general strike would do me and I'd get some extra holiday :D:D

Why would there be a general strike?

What is clear about this whole bollocks up is that, by a country mile, it was the working classes that voted to leave.

Those same working classes are the union members, like i was for over 30 years, who would be unlikely to down tools.

More chance of the Richmond set and Richard Branson going on strike.

Who would notice or actually give a fuck?:)

Unlucky Pbb, you will have to come back!!

• Like 2

On 09/09/2019 at 09:49, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Why would there be a general strike?

What is clear about this whole bollocks up is that, by a country mile, it was the working classes that voted to leave.

Those same working classes are the union members, like i was for over 30 years, who would be unlikely to down tools.

More chance of the Richmond set and Richard Branson going on strike.

Who would notice or actually give a fuck?:)

Unlucky Pbb, you will have to come back!!

Darn it . I'll have to rely on an Iceland volcano then.....;)

Boris was a twat (though David Cameron uses the word "appallingly" to describe his behaviour).

Probably predictable the former PM's memoir would go there and probably predictable Boris will shrug it off and keep on being Boris: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49690618

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Boris was a twat (though David Cameron uses the word "appallingly" to describe his behaviour).

Probably predictable the former PM's memoir would go there and probably predictable Boris will shrug it off and keep on being Boris: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49690618

Where was he when the Conservative 's voted for Johnson as their glorious leader.

Hiding in his shed writing his pathetic  memoir.

1 hour ago, redrumours said:

Where was he when the Conservative 's voted for Johnson as their glorious leader.

Hiding in his shed writing his pathetic  memoir.

And quietly voting for Jeremy Hunt according to the interview promoting the memoir

• Thanks 1

Bawjaws denies there are press while out visiting a hospital. While being filmed. By the press.

Man whose daughter almost died handing Bawjaws the "destruction of the NHS" card. That man is then criticised for being a Labour activist. What has this country become? I'd love to know what Bawjaws muttered as he walked away from the confrontation - I cannot imagine it was complimentary to anyone.

Meantime, Scottish Counsel before the Supreme Court talks of "the Mother of Parliaments being shut down by the Father of Lies (Bawjaws)". Well he would never lie would he? Oh, wait, see the first sentence of this post! :lol:

I expect I'm being slow, but can you explain the nickname "Bawjaws" ?

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

I expect I'm being slow, but can you explain the nickname "Bawjaws" ?

Bawjaws - a derogatory term in Scotland for a testicle sucker.

It's an easy target name - 2 syllables as has Boris.

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Bawjaws - a derogatory term in Scotland for a testicle sucker.

It's an easy target name - 2 syllables as has Boris.

Oh, OK.  Never heard the word, it doesn't seem to have travelled. 

Anyway, with a name like Boris, I don't think a nn is really necessary.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, OK.  Never heard the word, it doesn't seem to have travelled. 

Anyway, with a name like Boris, I don't think a nn is really necessary.

I did consider Humpty Numpty. And Sandy De Piffle.

And other less complimentary names. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course, it may be simpler than that.

Scottish word for ball (derog: testicle) - Baw

Eng Language for talk - Jaws

Talking Bollocks.

Like Tom Brooks' Talking Movies. Only without the movies. Or the entertainment. But with added bollocks.

• Confused 1

Supreme Court 11 vs Bojo 0

Better punt this thread back to the top - it'll likely get busy hereabouts for a while

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Supreme Court 11 vs Bojo 0

Better punt this thread back to the top - it'll likely get busy hereabouts for a while

Go BO GO!

• Like 1

So can he be prosecuted?What law was he in breach of?

Ladbrokes evens he's out by the end of the year, 6/4 he breaks George Canning's record for briefest PM tenure.

16 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Ladbrokes evens he's out by the end of the year, 6/4 he breaks George Canning's record for briefest PM tenure.

Canning was 119 days so Johnson needs to be there on - I think - 21 Dec to beat him.

Canning was a controversial selection who was immediately deserted by senior figures in his party (Duke of Wellington and Robert Peel) both refusing to serve under him and sticking to their High Tory principles. Wellington - btw - had argued long and hard in favour of retaining slavery, so he was a true right winger. Canning was undone by his inability to work with a very divided parliament, his own unwillingness to push for reform in parliament and - in the end - his health.

Reet, better go and - like - do some work, eh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Canning was 119 days so Johnson needs to be there on - I think - 21 Dec to beat him.

Canning was a controversial selection who was immediately deserted by senior figures in his party (Duke of Wellington and Robert Peel) both refusing to serve under him and sticking to their High Tory principles. Wellington - btw - had argued long and hard in favour of retaining slavery, so he was a true right winger. Canning was undone by his inability to work with a very divided parliament, his own unwillingness to push for reform in parliament and - in the end - his health.

Reet, better go and - like - do some work, eh?

His health was the biggest issue as he was seen as a canny operator in his prime and likely would have politiced a longer career in the top office if health and then Reaper hadn't come calling.

And while Peel was to the left of Wellington, Wellington supported Catholic emancipation and Peel didn't (though he abstained on the votes). It's as if folk are multiple shades of grey rather than binary concepts or something.

Although since we're going top trumps on pre-Disraeli/Gladstone PMs, a fun fact that is probably far better known than I think it is - Lord Melbourne's wife Lady Caroline is the same one who had the infamous affair with Lord Byron in the early parts of the 19th Century. A fact that might actually be more interesting than most of his actual Premiership.

1 minute ago, msc said:

His health was the biggest issue as he was seen as a canny operator in his prime and likely would have politiced a longer career in the top office if health and then Reaper hadn't come calling.

And while Peel was to the left of Wellington, Wellington supported Catholic emancipation and Peel didn't (though he abstained on the votes). It's as if folk are multiple shades of grey rather than binary concepts or something.

Although since we're going top trumps on pre-Disraeli/Gladstone PMs, a fun fact that is probably far better known than I think it is - Lord Melbourne's wife Lady Caroline is the same one who had the infamous affair with Lord Byron in the early parts of the 19th Century. A fact that might actually be more interesting than most of his actual Premiership.

Bow to your greater knowledge of these things msc. Most of what I know has come from the young 'un - who studied some of this and is currently swapping FB messages about the Supreme Court judgement - and the fact I've read a fuck-ton of 19th century English literature and the historical overviews that turn up in the intros of the Penguin classic editions.

16 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Bow to your greater knowledge of these things msc. Most of what I know has come from the young 'un - who studied some of this and is currently swapping FB messages about the Supreme Court judgement - and the fact I've read a fuck-ton of 19th century English literature and the historical overviews that turn up in the intros of the Penguin classic editions.

I only really know that era in big brushstrokes (although more so than 18th Century, which is one big blank of Sporcle misses) and the big personalities like yer Wellingtons and Peels and Liverpools. More knowledgeable on 1905-90 UK politics, which we studied at a variety of school and uni.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

So can he be prosecuted?What law was he in breach of?

No. There’s a difference between illegal and unlawful. 

• Like 1