Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

I will be really concerned about the panic this would cause worldwide, if he does succumb to it.

• Like 2

The stock market may not look good in the morning.

27 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Still don’t think he will die but this could be potentially massive 

I actually fear he will die now.I hope to God I'm wrong, but I have a really bad feeling about this. Things are moving very fast...

Does anyone happen to know when was the last time a serving British PM was in intensive care?

Good prediction there Boris. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I actually think he will die now.I hope to God I'm wrong, but I have a really bad feeling about this. Things are moving very fast...

I think he’s toast as well. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

I think he’s toast as well. 

How dare you insult @Toast like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If  he does die, and it's now a very real possibility, which until tonight I didn't really think it was, it's going to be such a massive shock to the country- biggest death since Princess diana for sure.  Or maybe even King George back in  1952 

For a bit of a laugh...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I actually fear he will die now.I hope to God I'm wrong, but I have a really bad feeling about this. Things are moving very fast...

Does anyone happen to know when was the last time a serving British PM was in intensive care?

I *think* it was 1963 when Harold MacMillan took seriously ill, ill enough for his will to become an issue. He resigned as PM expecting to die, only to make a solid recovery and live another 23 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was hoping my Prime Minister Justine Trudeau would die from it not Boris Johnson - even though he could recover.

Just now, msc said:

I *think* it was 1963 when Harold MacMillan took seriously ill, ill enough for his will to become an issue. He resigned as PM expecting to die, only to make a solid recovery and live another 23 years.

Which led to an unelected PM holding out a little longer and losing the following election to a Labour PM who went on to beat the tories three times out of four goes

May you live in interesting times etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

I only know that to be true due to his illness being on The Queen. Talking of which i'm sure she is being given frequent updates at Windsor.

I just read that the median time of death is 18 days after showing the first symptons. He was diagnosed 11 days ago? Maybe the first symptoms a day or two before?

If it moves this slowly we might be waiting 2-3 days until we know how it ends.

5 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

If  he does die, and it's now a very real possibility, which until tonight I didn't really think it was, it's going to be such a massive shock to the country- biggest death since Princess diana for sure.  Or maybe even King George back in  1952 

Would definitely be the biggest death since Diana, seeing as he is the current prime minister.

I have a bad feeling about this too. I'm not sure it'll cause panic across the world though - there's far too much footage of him saying 'take it on the chin', shaking hands and generally going against all advice. Use him as a warning that it can happen to anyone, that's what I'd be doing were I the foreign press.

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Which led to an unelected PM holding out a little longer and losing the following election to a Labour PM who went on to beat the tories three times out of four goes

May you live in interesting times etc.

Aye, although Douglas Home did manage to foil his own kidnapping plot in between.

1 minute ago, ladyfiona said:

I only know that to be true due to his illness being on The Queen. Talking of which i'm sure she is being given frequent updates at Windsor.

Only just started this thanks to the lockdown. George VI is looking ill, please don't spoil what happens next!

:P

• Haha 2

He will probably make it, but damn, what a scare for a country to have their PM in IC. Regardless of who it is. 

Just now, Genfærd said:

He will probably make it, but damn, what a scare for a country to have their PM in IC. Regardless of who it is. 

But not as scary as potentially have Dominic Raab as your PM

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, TheKing said:

I was hoping my Prime Minister Justine Trudeau would die from it not Boris Johnson - even though he could recover.

You sound lovely 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

If Boris survives and is well enough to resume his post, he'll be the most popular man in Britain.

Do you know any British people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Dominic Raab does become PM, he will do it for only till say July when the peak is over and then there will be another leadership contest. Because that is apparently what we do in Britain.

3 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

If Dominic Raab does become PM, he will do it for only till say July when the peak is over and then there will be another leadership contest. Because that is apparently what we do in Britain.

What would be likely is either the party coalesce around Raab, or they have a straight either or MP election between Raab and another contender, and the Queen is asked to send for the winner to form a government.

Don't know what the fuss is about. As Robin Day once said "a transient here-today-and- gone-tomorrow-politician". Now where is the lovable Mr J Rees Mogg when we need him. He can bring the country together once more. In hatred maybe. But together.