Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

Just now, Bentrovato said:

Don't know what the fuss is about. As Robin Day once said "a transient here-today-and- gone-tomorrow-politician". Now where is the lovable Mr J Rees Mogg when we need him. He can bring the country together once more. In hatred maybe. But together. 

Now Rees Mogg really would take this country back to the 1800's.

2 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Don't know what the fuss is about. As Robin Day once said "a transient here-today-and- gone-tomorrow-politician". Now where is the lovable Mr J Rees Mogg when we need him. He can bring the country together once more. In hatred maybe. But together. 

John Nott is still alive too, recently turned 88.

• Like 2

Well, it was pointed out here that both Labour and Conservatives have usually needed 3-4 elections to recover after disastrous defeats and regain power.

Maybe there'll be a couple of them in quick succession...

My letter from Number 10 arrived this morning, setting out the strict rules to obey.

Total irony if he doesn't last the night.

Not looking good for him at all.

Just now, ladyfiona said:

Now Rees Mogg really would take this country back to the 1800's.

Mogg, Raab and Gove. The dream team. If your dreams are nightmares that is. But it might be fun. An anagram of their combined surnames is Vroom Baggage on a totally unrelated note. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, msc said:

What would be likely is either the party coalesce around Raab, or they have a straight either or MP election between Raab and another contender, and the Queen is asked to send for the winner to form a government.

They would asses the polls. Currently Raab has poor approval ratings compared to Sunak and Hancock. If he become pm but his approval ratings were not that good - or they fear he be unpopular in the red wall- he would be gone. 

5 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I wouldn't have blamed John Nott if he'd called Robin Day a smug git.

I wonder if John Nott, reading Day's obituary muttered "Here today, gone tomorrow".

• Haha 1

Oh my, could this be bigger than England's Rose?

He - Nott - actually showed up on TV again last year, looking quite healthy for his age. Especially next to some contemporaries like Nigel Lawson and Roy Hattersley who both looked like a sneeze would finish them off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Oh my, could this be bigger than England's Rose?

Well he'd be another dead blond for Elton to sing about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, msc said:

He - Nott - actually showed up on TV again last year, looking quite healthy for his age. Especially next to some contemporaries like Nigel Lawson and Roy Hattersley who both looked like a sneeze would finish them off.

Lady Miloska Nott, his wife, is also still alive at 85. Notable in her own right as a charity fundraiser and received an OBE from Her Maj a few years ago.

I’m in no way a Boris fan, but if someone has to die I’d rather it was that absolute shitpipe Rees Mogg. 

• Like 3

It's not looking good for him if it's gotten to this point. His political adventure might now take a tragic turn. I wish he and everyone else suffering from this disease get through it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

This morning was the first time in my nearly 52 years of life I have put on the TV to check if the Prime Minister was still alive or not

Yesterday was the first time in my nearly 52 years that I watched a live Commonwealth broadcast from our Head of State!

(My PM is very healthy and could probably beat up most of the G8 leaders.)

justintrudeau.jpeg

• Like 1

This is absolutely terrible news, I'm someone who likes Boris. I feel he could go on to be one of the best prime ministers if he survives. He might come out of it with a new perspective one that alot on the left might like. Looks like gove or mogg could replace him or maybe even rishi Sunak if the worst should happen. Get well Boris for the unborn little one.

• Like 2

Wonderful statement of the bleedin' obvious from John Gallaher, Health and Science correspondent, BBC: "Intensive care is where doctors look after the sickest patients – so Boris Johnson's admission to ICU is the clearest indication of how ill the prime minister is." Really???

57 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Oh god no. 

Although even he might not be as bad as Raab...

I doubt Mogg - he is sort of out of favour and was a bit of a suprise he wasn't sacked in febuary.

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

But not as scary as potentially have Dominic Raab as your PM

And he would probably be acting PM for the best part of a year because they probably won't have a leadership contest  until the crisis is over.By that time he would probably be favourite for the job, assuming he hadn't made a complete mess of it ! 

Michael Gove, Priti Patel and Sajid Javid won't give him a clear run though ! 

6 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

And he would probably be acting PM for the best part of a year because they probably won't have a leadership contest  until the crisis is over.By that time he would probably be favourite for the job, assuming he hadn't made a complete mess of it ! 

He doesn’t get the job automatically if the PM dies.

There is no such thing as an acting Prime Minister. You are either the Prime Minister, or you aren’t. As there is no automatic succession the cabinet would need to chose the next PM from among themselves. 

• Like 1