Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

There are some maybe not entirely appropriate  jokes on twitter.Someone said if he dies and they have to put his body in a fridge at least he'll feel at home ! 

That's scary, could it be a Philip/Boris double header.

And no news is definitely bad news in this case, 4 days of no news and then "the announcement".

11 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

That's scary, could it be a Philip/Boris double header.

And no news is definitely bad news in this case, 4 days of no news and then "the announcement".

They must have been told to wear black just in case they have to announce his death today.It doesn't mean its going to happen though. He could make a full recovery ! 

Just heard there is going to be some kind of govt announcement/update at around 1pm. No idea if it will say anything significant or not.

If he died or recovered today (which are the only two news items worth hearing) then that would be very odd and outside the normal time frame.

He obviously has a serious case of the 'rona and he will die in 5 or 6 days or he will recover in 10.

The next 4 or 5 days he is going to be extremely ill. I don't think a regular bulletin telling us which of his bodily organs are struggling to cope/failing at any given time is necessarily useful information.

Possibly the more relevant information which I have not heard discussed much is if you have a bad case and you don't die how much residual damage are you left with? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

If he died or recovered today (which are the only two news items worth hearing) then that would be very odd and outside the normal time frame.

He obviously has a serious case of the 'rona and he will die in 5 or 6 days or he will recover in 10.

The next 4 or 5 days he is going to be extremely ill. I don't think a regular bulletin telling us which of his bodily organs are struggling to cope/failing at any given time is necessarily useful information.

Possibly the more relevant information which I have not heard discussed much is if you have a bad case and you don't die how much residual damage are you left with? 

I think they might announce today that he's been put on a ventilator, which would be very bad news for him of course. 

7 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Is he really that important that we need daily updates?

Well the position of prime minister is pretty important, especially when the next in line is a psycho

• Like 2

who think he will die ? like that post to see how much we are : I personally think he will. 

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

She is missing in action at the moment. Never appears on the media despite being a senior member of the government and in charge of policing.  

I would not be surprised if she is on the ill advised cruise ship.

Well in the case of Hugh Gaitskell, he was in hospital for 2 weeks but only took very badly ill towards the end. In fact, the news of his death came through while the BBC news was live on air with Robert Dougall so he continued reading the original story on the Labour leader and finished "And since we've come on air, news has reached us that Mr Gaitskell has died".

For UK party leaders, John Smith died since then but that was more of a surprise, despite his previous heart problems. Despite being far too young to know who he was at the time, I remember that happening, because so many adults around me were blatantly gutted by that one, including Mum who still compares Blair unfavourably to Smith!

Oh and in Scotland we had Donald Dewar dying as First Minister too, which was treated as a shock by the media but folk close to Dewar had sort of intimated he was in a bad way. About six months before he died, he visited my school, but only S4 and above were allowed to attend his talk. I complained about this but got told I could go to the next one. As Dewar died, they replaced him for the next talk with Michael Martin, then Commons Speaker.

Best Tweet Ever on Michael Gove's self isolation:

• Like 1

Just had a Downing St briefing on the PMs condition- Boris Johnson is stable and not on a ventilator ,but still receiving oxygen. so not quite at deaths door just yet ! Lookslike he could be out of intensive care within a day or 2 unless he gets a lot worse. 

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Just had a Downing St briefing on the PMs condition- Boris Johnson is stable and not on a ventilator , so not quite at deaths door just yet ! 

Well, good stuff for Boris. But things can escalate really fast with this illness, so the next couple of days will be interesting.

Just now, CoffinLodger said:

Just had a Downing St briefing on the PMs condition- Boris Johnson is stable and not on a ventilator , so not quite at deaths door just yet ! 

So why is he in Intensive Care?!!!! No vent, no pneumonia, sounds like a fucking over privileged baby stamping his foot for the best treatment while some other person who needs that treatment may die.

And it's all a fucking publicity stunt. Go on Blibberwimble, prove me wrong and show me how serious your illness is to justify your fat lard arse in a bed someone else actually needs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So why is he in Intensive Care?!!!! No vent, no pneumonia, sounds like a fucking over privileged baby stamping his foot for the best treatment while some other person who needs that treatment may die.

And it's all a fucking publicity stunt. Go on Blibberwimble, prove me wrong and show me how serious your illness is to justify your fat lard arse in a bed someone else actually needs.

He's more serious than they're letting on? If they say he's at death's door that could create a power vacuum and instability.

Just now, the_engineer said:

He's more serious than they're letting on? If they say he's at death's door that could create a power vacuum and instability.

If that's the case we should be told.

Someone is lying to us either way. If folk die because he's occupying a bed needed for someone else....nobody but nobody would be in intensive care with that diagnosis. While his fucking Government preaches save the NHS? I thought Thatcher was bad.....

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

He'll probably be in ITU primarily because he's the prime minister.  Covid19 patients can deteriorate rapidly.  If he'd reached the point of requiring a bit of oxygen, they'd probably want him where they can rapidly intubate and ventilate if things go further south fast.

Certain jobs can get you priority treatment, fairly or otherwise.

Alternatively, yes, it's very possible that they're lying to us.

45 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It is obviously one of two scenarios either they aren’t telling us everything and he is much iller than they are telling us and he is close to death which is very possible if you listen to reports they make it sound like there is almost nothing wrong with him, wouldn’t be surprised if he does in fact have pneumonia and is on a ventilator. The longer he is in intensive care though the less likely he is to recover. I still don’t think he will die but if he hasn’t recovered by say this time next week, I doubt he will recover. 

The other scenario is because of who he is and his position they are been extra careful and he isn’t that bad but surely with a lack of beds and how things are that can’t be the situation and if it is it is a disgrace as the beds needs to be given to those who are seriously ill. 

I think personally they are not telling us everything.

• Like 1

You don't go to ICU for nothing. I guarantee you they wouldn't give him preferential treatment just because he's prime minister.

The goverment is telling us St Thomas ICU is not at capacity yet anyway.

Would have thought they would have moved a lot of London patients to NHS Nightingale anyway.

Priti Patel could be awol due to being the next designated survivor and needs to be away from anyone in Westminster who could be infected.

12 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Priti Patel could be awol due to being the next designated survivor and needs to be away from anyone in Westminster who could be infected.

I was typing a reply to this but I forgot what I was going to say because I was distracted by my phone’s exemplary autocorrect function:

36102FCF-4388-4B57-A8C4-CB29D7CC77FB.jpeg.cb5f1fa785de486005ee7647529a60b0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Would have thought they would have moved a lot of London patients to NHS Nightingale anyway.

Not yet taking many patients.