Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

29 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Government debt? Fucking hell.....

Lets leave it there Deathers and agree to disagree.

I'm going fucking stir crazy, no good for shit, all this.

If you want, although we want to debate the finer points of post-recession economics to understand why I term 'government debt' and 'personal debt' differently my inbox is always open.

Having an economy you can boost to repay debt makes a massive difference to how you can treat that debt, austerity is based on the lie (by self-serving politicians) or misbelief that you need to cut spending to remove government debt when you don't you can increase revenue, increasing revenue is the much less deadly solution. 

As you said though I don't think we'll ever agree on economics.... we've had similar discussions in the past.

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

If you want, although we want to debate the finer points of post-recession economics to understand why I term 'government debt' and 'personal debt' differently my inbox is always open.

Having an economy you can boost to repay debt makes a massive difference to how you can treat that debt, austerity is based on the lie (by self-serving politicians) or misbelief that you need to cut spending to remove government debt when you don't you can increase revenue, increasing revenue is the much less deadly solution. 

As you said though I don't think we'll ever agree on economics.... we've had similar discussions in the past.

You can't say that here!

Pervert!:lol:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

While we're talking about Boris, nobody seems to know where Priti Patel is other than posting on Twitter.

She was getting her tits out at Heathrow in support of West Indian coronavirus sufferers the last I heard. 

• Haha 2

Boris Johnson says his life was saved by hospital staff..https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-i-owe-doctors-and-nurses-my-life-after-coronavirus-treatment-11972103   Is it possible that this has been such a life changing event that he might decide to resign as PM and do something else with his life, spend more time with his new baby and fiance? Or am I being ridiculously naieve?

13 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Boris Johnson says his life was saved by hospital staff..https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-i-owe-doctors-and-nurses-my-life-after-coronavirus-treatment-11972103   Is it possible that this has been such a life changing event that he might decide to resign as PM and do something else with his life, spend more time with his new baby and fiance? Or am I being ridiculously naieve?

Unlikely but who knows, it might have made him realise the job is not for him. 

Sent home.

After seemingly infecting some of his cabinet and his Chief Medical Officer, his delay and herd immunity and failure to adequately PPE folk up leading to deaths, watching the guy in the next bed to him die while he is fussed over....

Any other leader in any other time would be gone. But gawd love the British, they do like their clowns....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

once you get the taste of power, it's hard to leave it behind.

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sent home.

After seemingly infecting some of his cabinet and his Chief Medical Officer, his delay and herd immunity and failure to adequately PPE folk up leading to deaths, watching the guy in the next bed to him die while he is fussed over....

Any other leader in any other time would be gone. But gawd love the British, they do like their clowns....

He is now more popular than any pm since Churchil

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

And more all consuming than COVID-19! ;)

• Like 1

Now reshuffle the cabinet and get rid of Priti Patel.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Overweight fat useless philandering immoral cunt dead within the week. But then again this is the UK. Make Stanley God so he can be the Son of etc etc etc. His child can then be the second/ third/fourth coming of....Harrow Hell, Eton much better.....Must buy a copy of the Daily Mail tomorrow to solidify my views. . 

• Haha 2

In a statement Johnson’s fiancee Carrie Symonds said she “cannot thank our magnificent NHS enough” after the primeminister’s return to Chequers following coronavirus treatment, adding: “The staff at St Thomas’ Hospital have been incredible. I will never, ever be able to repay you and I will never stop thanking you.”

She added: “There were times last week that were very dark indeed. My heart goes out to all those in similar situations, worried sick about their loved ones.

“Thank you also to everyone who sent such kind messages of support. Today I’m feeling incredibly lucky.”

Does she realise that people quite often think they're getting better then suddenly die? Such as Tim Brooke-Taylor for instance.

55 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Says who?  Nobody's asked me.

46 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

That weaselly non-apology: 

I'm sorry if you feel that ..... etc

We've all been fobbed off with that phrase enough times to recognise "sorry (not sorry)" when we hear it.  Cow.

• Like 2

He’s giving a new televised speech in 5 mins so I guess we’ll get to see his physical condition.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Absolutely. And Raab. And Hancock. And Sharma. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Here it is.

He looks okay all things considered.

He said the NHS was "unconquerable" and "it is powered by love"

So the oxygen starvation has left him with brain damage, then!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Absolutely. And Raab. And Hancock. And Sharma. 

I think all things considered Matt Hancock has done ok. Raab is a useless person to have as a deputy in a crisis. He doesn't have the same... presentation as any other leader of a party or country has etc. You need to be calm in a crisis and give the public confidence.

Now with the treatment Boris has had with NHS nurses will he give them back their bursaries so they can actually train without being in debt?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

He said the NHS was "unconquerable" and "it is powered by love"

So the oxygen starvation has left him with brain damage, then!

The NHS is a religion in the UK.

Not allowed to criticise it, even if other European countries have better survival rates than us... :glare:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Unlikely but who knows, it might have made him realise the job is not for him. 

At the risk of getting very political, I do hope that he, and the rest of the Tory party, realise that the NHS is an extremely importantpart of our country and instead of hacking away at it and selling bits off to the private sector we might see some serious investment.

The health service isn't as well equipped as Italy and Germany to deal with it and our country has been caught out as a result.

We will see whether there is a massive change of strategy once the dust settles with the NHS getting serious investment and not existing on a wing and a prayer (my Dad was in hospital in January with an infection and the poor nursing staff were being run ragged as a result of staff shortages - this can't continue after what we are currently witnessing).

• Like 2

Off to the country. Your supposed to run the bloody country. 

(Big Fat Pic of Boris) 

My offering to the mirror has a headline for tomorrow was rejected.... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deathray said:

Off to the country. Your supposed to run the bloody country.

(Big Fat Pic of Boris)

My offering to the mirror has a headline for tomorrow was rejected.... 

I think we can all guess what it was. :D

21 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Remember what happened to Churchill after the war finished...

• Like 1