Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

35 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

And, without exception, there is never anybody working

To be fair, they're being visited by the bloody Prime Minister which hardly happens every day so even if you quite reasonably think he's an utter

36 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Tit.

You're likely to take a break from actual work to watch, unless you're on a production line or something.

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

To be fair, they're being visited by the bloody Prime Minister which hardly happens every day so even if you quite reasonably think he's an utter

You're likely to take a break from actual work to watch, unless you're on a production line or something.

When it comes to the Wimbling Womble, I'm never fair. :lol:

Playing at builders...

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

When it comes to the Wimbling Womble, I'm never fair. :lol:

Playing at builders...

Neither is The Guardian who obviously have a hotline to the increasingly vocal and numerous back-benchers who are equally appalled at Cummings puppetry where Bojo is concerned and Boris' inability to hold a coherent argument for longer than a day or spread himself across anything approaching complicated details. These people were never kindly disposed his way but their ability to gather opinions and quotes (let's not accuse them of fake news) seems effortless atm. Cracking unattributed comment today suggesting when you put something decorative and ornamental in an acid bath the shine will soon come off!

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

With cases and deaths on the rise, he smirked all the way through the relatively easy ride Andrew Marr gave him this morning. When asked why, after 6 weeks of lockdown in Oldham, cases were doubling, he replied "It's too early to say".

He has as much gravitas as a fart in a lift and as much sympathy for the people of this country as AOC has for President Trump.

• Like 1

Cunt's giving his speech.

So far he's referenced "The Birdie Dance", "gregariousness" "Radioactive isotopes" and now he's talking about himself and how slim he is.

I'm going for a ciggie, I'll probably miss nothing.

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Cunt's giving his speech.

So far he's referenced "The Birdie Dance", "gregariousness" "Radioactive isotopes" and now he's talking about himself and how slim he is.

I'm going for a ciggie, I'll probably miss nothing.

I feel sorry for Boris.He tries his best, but sadly he is clearly not up to the job. Ritchie Sunak will be PM this time next year.You can put your money on it ! 

• Haha 1

On 04/10/2020 at 10:05, The Old Crem said:

He's as fit as a butcher's dog with rabies ... :mellow:

6 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I feel sorry for Boris.He tries his best, but sadly he is clearly not up to the job. Ritchie Sunak will be PM this time next year.You can put your money on it ! 

The only way Rishi Sunak will get the job is in a bloodless coup like Theresa May did. The Conservative membership will not vote for him in a head to head unless the only alternative was Priti Patel

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The only way Rishi Sunak will get the job is in a bloodless coup like Theresa May did. The Conservative membership will not vote for him in a head to head unless the only alternative was Priti Patel

That doesn't sound like an outlandish outcome with the direction of the Tory Party though. The moderates (what's left of them) back Sunak, the nutters back Patel. In the end though it'll probably be Raab who takes over, a Brexit Secretary who didn't know the Dover-Calais crossing was important. What a shower... :facepalm:

53 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Patel would stand a good chance of beating him - she is popular with the grassroots.

What about the support for Liz Truss?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Patel would stand a good chance of beating him - she is popular with the grassroots.

10 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

That doesn't sound like an outlandish outcome with the direction of the Tory Party though. The moderates (what's left of them) back Sunak, the nutters back Patel. In the end though it'll probably be Raab who takes over, a Brexit Secretary who didn't know the Dover-Calais crossing was important. What a shower... :facepalm:

I am not sure that Patel would get on the ballot for which she would need the support of her fellow MPs.

A lot will depend on the circumstances of Boris's departure.

Sunak is popular now as a new face in a crisis dishing out money. (Or so I hear, I never got any of it!) Let's see how popular he remains when he starts having to be the Chancellor with the various cuts and rises that'll be needed in early 2021. History is full of popular Chancellors whose popularity sunk like a stone as soon as they had to make tough decisions.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, msc said:

Sunak is popular now as a new face in a crisis dishing out money. (Or so I hear, I never got any of it!) Let's see how popular he remains when he starts having to be the Chancellor with the various cuts and rises that'll be needed in early 2021. History is full of popular Chancellors whose popularity sunk like a stone as soon as they had to make tough decisions.

Sunak is enjoying appearing as the competent one in the cabinet (a fairly low bar) but one suspects sabatours are already plotting for example the comments about people in the arts yesterday which there was some doubt about.

12 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Priti Patel

Such a tough first name to live up to - so much easier for Gabriele Munter

image.png

• Haha 1

"Got Brexit Done" limited edition print, still available!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, time said:

"Got Brexit Done" limited edition print, still available!

I would consider buying that.It'll probably shoot up in price when Boris Johnson is toppled and Brexit goes tits up !

Since the "driving to check my eyesight" caper didn't do for Cummings it's unlikely the current revelations will see him out of the door just yet, but...

Basically he and his dad built without consideration of planning laws and now Cummings has been let off tens of thousands of pounds in council tax. Bojo would find office a considerable challenge without his chief advisor and Cummings has many enemies within the party just willing something to tip him out of a job. So this story will likely be filed away for future reference: https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18790597.council-tax-payable-dominic-cummings-lockdown-cottage/?fbclid=IwAR3cGKqxCreGJISdjY4w1uyG5b48rwM-yvyTHPjffh6xXgMm9PbWqWfH9KE

Covid-19 really is killing the wrong people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1251994313_ThreeBellends.thumb.jpg.2a22b1eeee638b7d1f325b1b2346e019.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ahhh, this was in the Grauniad live, its a pub somewhere in Liverpool that the landlord renamed. Fair play.

28 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Ahhh, this was in the Grauniad live, its a pub somewhere in Liverpool that the landlord renamed. Fair play.

New Brighton actually, other side of the Mersey

5 minutes ago, time said:

New Brighton actually, other side of the Mersey

Pah, Just because you live in what I suppose I have to term Old Brighton now, you'd know this. It was Liverpool in the Guardian which is all I had to go on :P.

Good spot.

ETA: I preferred Nicola Bryant.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Pah, Just because you live in what I suppose I have to term Old Brighton now, you'd know this. It was Liverpool in the Guardian which is all I had to go on :P.

Good spot.

To be fair, its easy to see why the Grauniad might think it's in Liverpool

109464151_587793955270160_3999708029467648561_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=FAHZbgKhGpEAX8KpSRU&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=db61bf769bddb463cda3e51e687549c8&oe=5FAD9563

• Haha 1