Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

IMG-20210601-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yep, adultery is no fun unless you are actually married. ;)

Or perhaps she wasn't going to ease her lockdown without a wedding. :D

The obese popularity seeker is now on the BBC.

Yes, the Minister for the Union and strong advocate for the United Kingdom shows his true colours by wearing the St George Cross of England on his lapel.

All while he pushes the public off a cliff come the 19th.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The obese popularity seeker is now on the BBC.

Yes, the Minister for the Union and strong advocate for the United Kingdom shows his true colours by wearing the St George Cross of England on his lapel.

All while he pushes the public off a cliff come the 19th.

You definitely have one of those anonymous cybernat Twitter accounts used to hurl abuse at people. :P

Has your keyboard activism preaching to strangers online ever converted anyone to your cause or are you coming around to the idea that your energy would be better spent in more productive ways? :rolleyes: 

Buy an allotment perhaps, you’re in that age bracket.

35 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You definitely have one of those anonymous cybernat Twitter accounts used to hurl abuse at people. :P

Has your keyboard activism preaching to strangers online ever converted anyone to your cause or are you coming around to the idea that your energy would be better spent in more productive ways? :rolleyes: 

Buy an allotment perhaps, you’re in that age bracket.

Not at all - PM is fair game.

Look I don't mind him wearing his Chinese made for buttons England tent shirt at the game - that's ok. But he stands for the UK as PM (allegedly) when he's not at the game - he's a sickening hypocrite that I'm only too happy to point out.

I'm not an activist of any sort - if I see him for the cunt he is, I'll say so. Let's hope a heart attack the size of his ego is on it's way. (to get back on topic).

• Like 1

It's satisfying that when he finally managed to get the position he wanted so much it has turned out to be a poisoned chalice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9871979/Boris-Johnson-nearly-drowned-swept-sea-Highlands-staycation-year.html

Apparently  Boris Johnson nearly  drowned last year on holiday in the Scottish Highlands and had to be rescued. 

Can that clown do anything right ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9871979/Boris-Johnson-nearly-drowned-swept-sea-Highlands-staycation-year.html

Apparently  Boris Johnson nearly  drowned last year on holiday in the Scottish Highlands and had to be rescued. 

His protection officers leapt in to save him.

I thought they worked for the good of the British people!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is he actually worse than Thatcher? (As i like to say to people while expressing my disgust) or is that impossible for any priminister?

4 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

Is he actually worse than Thatcher? (As i like to say to people while expressing my disgust) or is that impossible for any priminister?

Thatcher would not have campaigned to leave the EU. 

• Like 2

Sunday Times today reporting his approval rating amongst the rank and file Tories on some issues is now below 5%, whilst Sunak sits in the mid-70%s. 

He's not especially liked or personally admired that much within the party so his role as an election winner is everything where his position is concerned. 

This thread may get livelier going forward. :D

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Sunday Times today reporting his approval rating amongst the rank and file Tories on some issues is now below 5%, whilst Sunak sits in the mid-70%s. 

He's not especially liked or personally admired that much within the party so his role as an election winner is everything where his position is concerned. 

One of the reasons he did not stand in 2016 was that he felt he would not have sufficient support amongst the parliamentary Conservative party. Those who allowed his name to go on the ballot in 2019 took a cynical approach but he probably does not have a vast amount of support amongst his colleagues.

He'll be knifed (metaphorically obviously) at some stage early next year when things start  to fully settle down

22 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

He'll be knifed (metaphorically obviously) at some stage early next year when things start  to fully settle down

Didn't Gove stab him in the back at some point?

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

That was 2016

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:
2 hours ago, Toast said:

That was 2016

Thought so.  I'm no fan of Boris, but that marked Gove's card for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Playing a thoughtful  devils advocate here but isn't Sunajs popularity at risk within the next year when he will have to make decisions regarding public spending and taxes that will upset and be hugely unpopular with many tory and non  tory voters?

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

Thought so.  I'm no fan of Boris, but that marked Gove's card for me. 

The way Gove went about it was a little bit psycho. Gove would have made an awful prime minister in my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The way Gove went about it was a little bit psycho. Gove would have made an awful prime minister in my opinion. 

Fortunately I think his recent separation from Lady Macbeth has put paid to any ambition in that direction 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Playing a thoughtful  devils advocate here but isn't Sunajs popularity at risk within the next year when he will have to make decisions regarding public spending and taxes that will upset and be hugely unpopular with many tory and non  tory voters?

If he can get the top job before then he essentially installs an expendendable puppet chancellor whose sole job is to take the flack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

Just shows his lack of capacity to follow through, another useless Brexit Conservative all talk no action.

38 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Fortunately I think his recent separation from Lady Macbeth has put paid to any ambition in that direction 

I fervently hope so.

22 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If he can get the top job before then he essentially installs an expendendable puppet chancellor whose sole job is to take the flack.

Exactly, the poisoned chalice would be in someone else's hands.

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yeah, I think so. For all the jokes about magical money trees, a lot of the stuff done during pandemic has a price tag - especially as it was done a lot of the time without any forward planning. Plus there's other issues on the horizon. Must stock up on tins this week...

Sunak is very good at basking in the good publicity and doesn't like the bad stuff, like how his big Eat Out plan last summer helped usher in a new covid wave. The shine's going go off him very quickly when he's not handing people money. Well, other people. I got none of it, the bastard...

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Devils advocate - the way Boris JOHNSON (happy, @The Quim Reaper :D) reacted to the Gove announcement by basically going "Woe is me", crying, and pulling out (not something he does a lot, by looks of things) of the leadership contest showed me exactly why he was unsuited to the job of Prime Ministers. A good PM doesn't wait for the job to come to them, they grab it. They'd have gone "Right, fucketybye Gove!" and then plotted to crush him in the leadership contest. He had enough friendly MPs onside and the membership, he just lacked the work ethic and effort.

And he still fucking well does.

This is why "great Prime Ministers we never had" Rab Butler didn't deserve it - you get 3 or 4 chances for the job and don't make the move, that's your fault. Ditto Dave Miliband. Whereas Thatcher took on Heath when it "wasn't the time" and undone most of the Tory heavyweights of the time by going for the jugular. She wanted it, she got it as a Cabinet outsider.

Boris Johnson wants the plaudits and praise and historical praise of a Thatcher, Attlee or Churchill, but doesn't want to put in the actual work required to get there. And it was self-evident from 2001 or so on, but underlined in marker pen during that 2016 election. 

• Like 2