Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

Echoes what I said yesterday:  "Boris" is only the figurehead.

• Like 3

Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Therese Coffey revealed to have let her staff order takeaways and drink into the early hours in her private office regularly during lockdown.

I think a lot of people who are liking working from home but also don’t like Boris will be shocked as Sunak and Truss will both ban working from home as they would have to pledge to do that to win the Tory membership. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think a lot of people who are liking working from home but also don’t like Boris will be shocked as Sunak and Truss will both ban working from home as they would have to pledge to do that to win the Tory membership. 

I hate the thought of working from home.Luckily in my trade that isn`t possible.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

I hate the thought of working from home.Luckily in my trade that isn`t possible.

A lot of people love it and will be fuming when they forced back because otherwise them or their employer will be taxed more. 

• Like 2

Now Boris pictured hosting an Xmas quiz last year.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

A lot of people love it and will be fuming when they forced back because otherwise them or their employer will be taxed more. 

Where I worked at the time of the first wave we were all exposed but still had to turn up.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I didn't realise the government had said it planned to tax work from home in the long run?

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I didn't realise the government had said it planned to tax work from home in the long run?

They haven’t yet but it is what I suspect Sunak or Truss would have to pledge to win the Tory membership in a leadership election. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

They haven’t yet but it is what I suspect Sunak or Truss would have to pledge to win the Tory membership in a leadership election. 

But aren't they low tax  free marketeers  who believe in leaving employers  to decide these type of  things?

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10300039/The-Mail-Sundays-political-editor-reveals-PMs-predecessor-Tories-scenting-blood.html

Theresa May and her allies apparently  scenting Boris Johhnsons  political blood  and  anticipate that  he  will be  toppled. 

All caveats ahead of time about them being a bunch of cunts, but when The Sun start attacking a Tory PM, its game over time for them.

Boris Johnson accused of flouting THREE Covid lockdown rules in late-night dinner date with wife Carrie last year (thesun.co.uk)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

All caveats ahead of time about them being a bunch of cunts, but when The Sun start attacking a Tory PM, its game over time for them.

Boris Johnson accused of flouting THREE Covid lockdown rules in late-night dinner date with wife Carrie last year (thesun.co.uk)

The phrase borrowed time springs to mind..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

But aren't they low tax  free marketeers  who believe in leaving employers  to decide these type of  things?

Not on this issue they conveniently won’t be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

What newspaper is reporting this please?:o

The Mirror broke the story first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Is this a prediction on par with your beliefs that the Queen has terminal cancer? You think the Tories will pick their next leader based solely on working from home rules? The Parliamentary party get to reduce the field to two names who are then pit to the wider party members, so there's a perfectly plausible scenario that it comes down to Truss v Sunak and then the membership would have to choose one or the other. I think the wider party's main objective will be picking whomever they think can win the next election. Sunak has name recognition from the pandemic but his popularity for being generous during the pandemic has rapidly worn off as he's tightened the belt, ironically something that makes him more appealing to the membership as a constraint on Johnson's spending ambitions. Truss is seen as a safe, if unremarkable, pair of hands who has strong Brexit credentials from her time as Trade Secretary and is seen as a more traditional Tory than the Johnsonian centrists of the 2019 intake. I'm not sure who else the parliamentary party would put into a runoff. Raab and Patel are hopeless, Hancock is disgraced, Hunt might be interested again, then there's Sajid Javid, Nadim Zahawi and Alok Sharma, who've arguably got decent records to run on. But whomever it is, it'll be business as usual, same old Tories until the next election. When they'll probably win again...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He looked rough during the Statement to the nation. 

No change there then.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He looked rough during the Statement to the nation. 

Terminal cancer.

• Haha 3

On 10/12/2021 at 07:46, Bibliogryphon said:

If the Conservatives lose the North Shropshire By-Election there will be a lot of jittery Conservative MPs who are sitting on slender majorities who feel that the more they are whipped into clearly appalling decisions (which are often U-turned on later) will be building up ammunition for their electoral enemies whenever the election is called.

North Shropshire should be a safe leave voting seat so its loss will be huge.

Next Friday could be a crunch day

*Crunch*

And would you look at that, North Shropshire, the safe leave seat, sees the pro-EU Lib Dems overcome a 23k Tory majority to take the seat by over 6k votes. Marvellous!

• Like 2