Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

5 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Answer the question. Why wasn't Boris and the government scared of it? If the cabinet all got ill and died or seriously ill that could've created a power vacuum and societal collapse.You think the nudge units and security services would've allowed it?

Here's the full interview with CDC director Rochelle Walensky**, if you'd like the full picture, rather than what Dr. Eli David* is trying to sell, based on one sentence devoid of any context.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/cdc-director-responds-criticisms-covid-19-guidance-82131389

*Not a medical doctor.  **A medical doctor

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, though if the current situation gets worse I'm wondering if they'll ditch him ahead of those elections, blame the pasting they get on him and argue they're turning it round. Just listening to Radio 4 discussing the party on 20 May 2020, there's this bizarre situation in which the Health Secretary says we have to wait for the enquiry, as if Boris Johnson didn't know whether he was there or not. Laura Kuenssberg says; "This is a very very messy situation". 

Yes, I agree.

I think I posted my view before it came tumbling out that Johnson and the Prime Minister, his wife Carrie, were said to have been in attendance.

I mean, that puts a whole new slant on things!

6 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Answer the question. Why wasn't Boris and the government scared of it? If the cabinet all got ill and died or seriously ill that could've created a power vacuum and societal collapse.You think the nudge units and security services would've allowed it?

You have no fucking idea whether they were scared of it or not.

What did you expect them to do?  Run around like Private Frazer shouting 'We're doomed!!!

That would have kept the country from panic buying more bog rolls and rice, wouldn't it.

Just for some clarity, and from the horses mouth, there are currently  38 covid patients at the local hospital, NONE have had the vaccine and all are aged between 30 and 40 with no underlying health conditions.

All are seriously ill, SERIOUSLY ill, you utter fuckwitt!!!

I doubt that the flu ever hospitalised them and I doubt that of ALL the people who have died with covid or just covid would have died with the flu.

Covid denial has become an industry powered by twats that see conspiracy and 'the big picture' at every turn.

The utter bollocks you spout really needs to be left on twatter, an utterly rancid piece of shite that cultivates the kind of crap you cling on to in the faint belief that it makes you smarter and wiser than everybody else, which the very thought of is as funny as fuck.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The utter bollocks you spout really needs to be left on twatter, an utterly rancid piece of shite that cultivates the kind of crap you cling on to in the faint belief that it makes you smarter and wiser than everybody else, which the very thought of is as funny as fuck.

Oh, don't be so hard on Twitter.  I started off by following an acquaintance who is an artist, and was introduced to several people she follows who post wonderful selections of paintings every day.  I don't bother with politics except for the entertaining commentators like Jonathan Pie, and for Covid news there is the wonderfully reassuring Chise who constantly debunks the scare stories with science. 

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, don't be so hard on Twitter.  I started off by following an acquaintance who is an artist, and was introduced to several people she follows who post wonderful selections of paintings every day.  I don't bother with politics except for the entertaining commentators like Jonathan Pie, and for Covid news there is the wonderfully reassuring Chise who constantly debunks the scare stories with science. 

Yes, there is some good stuff on there but the place has become increasingly derranged, even for me!

Chise is brilliant, even if she is in to dressing up as a furry. :D

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, back at the almost sweepstake 42% of Conservative voters think Boris should go, 66% of the general public think it, and - previously mentioned - Truss and Sunak's leadership campaigns are underway, a few other pereniells who permantently fancy their chances (like Gove) are likely manoeuvering.  If he fucks up PMQs tomorrow he's more wounded (and attack-dog Angela Raynor is there to rip into him because Starmer's still in isolation). I'll stick with 21 March, late enough that those ousting him don't look like chancers, far enough ahead of the disaster of the next local elections to allow those who think it's their job to make a move before waiting for the inevitable. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

If he fucks up PMQs tomorrow he's more wounded (and attack-dog Angela Raynor is there to rip into him because Starmer's still in isolation).

7 hours ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Bad flu? 

I’ve had flu 3 times in my life and Covid in October 2020. Believe me, Covid was nothing like bad flu. Bad flu doesn’t destroy lung function like mine have been post Covid. I’ve gone from being fit and healthy to needing 2 steroid inhalers 4 times a day and I couldn’t walk in my job for months so went from walking up to 10 miles a day to nothing. Yet I was lucky and know that, and I don’t pedal against people who were and still are iller than I got.

Therefore I view your comments as any gentleman would.

With the same contempt I view Mr Johnson today. 

Maybe I'm lucky I have 30+ close family members a chunk of them old,younger cousins, friends , my kids  friends parents , neighbours and former work colleagues. 2 died and had covid put on their death certificate one with terminal kidney disease and another with terminal cancer. Now I know people who had loved ones in care homes die , but alot of families are suspicious as alot had DNR notices put on them one young disabled person in their 30s. The majority of the deaths in the first wave were care homes.

What I would say to those reading this is I'm one of the few that has these views on this forum. Maybe others think the same but have seen the pushback ( people have a right to respond and disagree with me, some do it in a childish way others in a more mature way ) and choose not to speak up. But even those reading this as a visitor, in a few years when it comes out people on this forum will be saying I knew it was a con and yea I never believed it.  People don't like to admit they've been conned, even when the prime minister tells them to stay home and don't open your business or see your family to 1 hour later having a party with tons of people. 

You were conned and lied to on lockdowns.

You were conned and lied to on testing, track and trace.

They lied about covid pass/passports stopping the spread and they're lying about the vaccines. 

The truth is in your blood and it's only a matter of time before the consequences rear their ugly heads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

What I would say to those reading this is I'm one of the few that has these views on this forum. Maybe others think the same but have seen the pushback ( people have a right to respond and disagree with me, some do it in a childish way others in a more mature way ) and choose not to speak up. But even those reading this as a visitor, in a few years when it comes out people on this forum will be saying I knew it was a con and yea I never believed it.  People don't like to admit they've been conned, even when the prime minister tells them to stay home and don't open your business or see your family to 1 hour later having a party with tons of people. 

They lied about covid pass/passports stopping the spread and they're lying about the vaccines. 

The truth is in your blood and it's only a matter of time before the consequences rear their ugly heads.

EFDD5B3E-AC9A-45AD-9F8E-9E1F9456F617.gif

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

What I would say to those reading this is I'm one of the few that has these views on this forum. Maybe others think the same but have seen the pushback ( people have a right to respond and disagree with me, some do it in a childish way others in a more mature way ) and choose not to speak up. But even those reading this in a few years when it comes out people on this forum will be saying I knew it was a con and yea I never believed it.  People don't like to admit they've been conned, even when the prime minister tells them to stay home and don't open your business or see your family to 1 hour later having a party with tons of people. 

You were conned and lied on lockdowns.

I have gone from believing the restrictions were a necessary evil to an indefensible evil in late 2020.Im not a Covid denier.Have had 3 vaccines and followed the rules religiously for nearly 6 months then realised it was not helping nor was ever going to help.You can't lock your way out of this is you just prolong the inevitable and draw it out whilst doing huge collateral damage in the process which could end up worse than Covid 19.The government didn't believe it was as serious a situation as they said or they wouldn't have carried on how they were behind closed doors.They deliberately used behaviour science to make everyone terrified.As a key worker I remember nearly having a breakdown with paranoia stoked up by the government.I was petrified whilst they clearly were collectively laughing behind our backs.

I think this will be another situation like Iraq in this country were lots of people supported it at the time but now no one ever admits it publically.

• Like 1

With regards to Johnson his position Is hopelessly untenable just a case of a few days or weeks.Cabinet and backbenchers will turn on him as soon as it becomes apparent he won't survive this and will drag the party with him.(The Parliamentary party not the dozen piss ups.)

• Like 1

If he does have to resign, do you think they will give him leaving drinks in the No. 10 garden?

Surely a fitting end to his premiership... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Well actually you are entirely wrong.

It wasn't a con. Its just that one man thought he was above the advice of his advisors. Lets not pretend that the actions of this bellend justify your lunacy.

• Like 1

We have the most self-serving and corrupt Government within living memory, and the pandemic gave them the opportunity to get their snouts further into the trough and make millions for themselves and their friends.  That's all there is to it.

ea31128bfc858d229b2cab7ff9bff018.jpg

• Like 2

So, I heard something on Channel 4 News last night that the BBC haven't mentioned, apparently the No.10 garden is under permanent CCTV monitoring by the Metropolitan Police. So, they watched 30 people blatantly committing a crime in 2020 and didn't think to do owt, then? Or did Channel 4 News get that wrong? Anyone know?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, I heard something on Channel 4 News last night that the BBC haven't mentioned, apparently the No.10 garden is under permanent CCTV monitoring by the Metropolitan Police. So, they watched 30 people blatantly committing a crime in 2020 and didn't think to do owt, then? Or did Channel 4 News get that wrong? Anyone know?

No, that’s exactly right, it is under permanent CCTV. But you watch, the Met will use their “retrospective crimes” line that Cressida Dick came out with last month as an excuse not to investigate all the other parties, because they’re just as fucking bent as the govt.

We don’t just need Johnson out, we need Dick out too.

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

No, that’s exactly right, it is under permanent CCTV. But you watch, the Met will use their “retrospective crimes” line that Cressida Dick came out with last month as an excuse not to investigate all the other parties, because they’re just as fucking bent as the govt.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Not being cynical or anything but I think Boris needs a good holiday at some tax haven in the Caribbean (one r two bs) to follow the money. His hard work with little reward deserves some recompense. Definitely not a knighthood, I am thinking of starting the petition now, easier before it ever happens. 

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

Tautology.  See the OED.

image.png.9c70296e4424cb31fbf910cba350d7fc.png

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Tautology.  See the OED.

image.png.9c70296e4424cb31fbf910cba350d7fc.png

Oh yes, I’m very aware of the PM’s name being an example of nominative determinism.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

I hear you, just off to the nearest bus stop full of pensioners to do my bit! I may be absent from here for a day or two.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Dick is as culpable as the rest of them; probably toeing the party line waiting for that peerage. (Me cynical? As if...)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams.gif

Reminds me of Fulham FC's ill-fated appointment of Alan Dicks:

Alan Dicks

Mr Dicks was appointed Fulham manager for the 1990/91 season after originally being hired to assist manager Ray Lewington. It’s fair to say the season didn’t quite go to plan, finishing 21st in the Third Division and only staying up due to a league restructuring.

Although it may not have been a memorable season in terms of performances, it did give us one of the most memorable chants in Fulham’s history.

It was common place to hear the chant ‘DICKS OUT!’ toward the end of the campaign and that’s exactly what happened when the season ended, (Alan leaving the club, obviously).

• Haha 1