Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

20 minutes ago, six feet blunder said:

Prime Ministers questions just starting wonder if Bojo will resign 

Looks like he's staying in his tent. 

Dead. (man walking; PMQs was a rough one for the poor cunt)

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Dead. (man walking; PMQs was a rough one for the poor cunt)

One word "Pathetic".

• Like 1

Aye, just had my lunch watching the bear baiting in the Commons. His departure is surely no longer his decision - not a great fan of Starmer (or many politicians for that matter) but thought he cut the waffle and delivered some cracking sound bites that'll play well on the hourly news round ups. The more Starmer looks like he could win the more they tories will get working behind the scenes to shoo-in Truss or Sunak well ahead of the next election. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, just had my lunch watching the bear baiting in the Commons. His departure is surely no longer his decision - not a great fan of Starmer (or many politicians for that matter) but thought he cut the waffle and delivered some cracking sound bites that'll play well on the hourly news round ups. The more Starmer looks like he could win the more they tories will get working behind the scenes to shoo-in Truss or Sunak well ahead of the next election. 

..and I thought I knew English before joining this community... what a waffle stands for in British slang? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sideik said:

..and I thought I knew English before joining this community... what a waffle stands for in British slang? 

‘Waffle’ is wordy and meaningless drivel. Unfortunately it’s an integral part of politics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

Waffle is wordy and meaningless drivel. Unfortunately it’s an integral part of politics.

It's been known to occur very occasionally on the boards hereabouts as well :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, six feet blunder said:

Bojo heading off to the nearest nail extension salon as he is only clinging on to his job by his finger nails

Aye, like I said in a recent post, I think we should just  start posting our best guess at his departure date. I'm sticking with 21st March

2 minutes ago, six feet blunder said:

Bojo heading off to the nearest nail extension salon as he is only clinging on to his job by his finger nails

How much longer can he hang on?

Fuck the Inquiry  he must go NOW!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, like I said in a recent post, I think we should just  start posting our best guess at his departure date. I'm sticking with 21st March

Forced out by Crayola de Vil (Liz Truss) by 11th February

• Like 1

I'm so glad he is getting what he deserves.  Hope he is gone by the end of the week

CUNT

• Like 1

Rishi convinently not at PMQ's I see...

Not that he'll get it mind. "Not the right colour for the chaps" 

10 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yeah, getting things done - a bit like Truss  distancing herself from a previous Boris party by saying she was busy "doing deals for Britain."  Meanwhile, unusually for Bojo he's been "spotted in the tea rooms" of the Houses of Parliament (i.e. trying to shore up his shakey support). And The Good Law Project are on the case asking why the police aren't on the case re the 20 May party.

More time to write books, soon, then

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

He might.20 years ago he wouldn't but he would now.Almost certainly between him and Truss.Gove and Zahawi and maybe Javid will go for it too but I doubt would get far.

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, getting things done - a bit like Truss  distancing herself from a previous Boris party by saying she was busy "doing deals for Britain."  Meanwhile, unusually for Bojo he's been "spotted in the tea rooms" of the Houses of Parliament (i.e. trying to shore up his shakey support). And The Good Law Project are on the case asking why the police aren't on the case re the 20 May party.

More time to write books, soon, then

I love how you think he is competent enough to write a book.  If he drew this he would concider it a master piece

boris.jpg

• Like 1

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

I love how you think he is competent enough to write a book.  If he drew this he would concider it a master piece

boris.jpg

He's a published author and a few of those disloyal to him - like Cummings - have already stated he ducked COBRA meetings at the height of the pandemic to work on his biography of Shakespeare (for which he's been paid a £500k advance and which has - apparently - largely been sub-contracted to scholars of the bard before Bojo reworks their text in his own inimitable and estimable literary style, or summat)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Rejoice rejoice rejoice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

He's a published author and a few of those disloyal to him - like Cummings - have already stated he ducked COBRA meetings at the height of the pandemic to work on his biography of Shakespeare (for which he's been paid a £500k advance and which has - apparently - largely been sub-contracted to scholars of the bard before Bojo reworks their text in his own inimitable and estimable literary style, or summat)

I hear what you are saying but still not convinced he can write a book :)

10 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

I hear what you are saying but still not convinced he can write a book :)

If it's his name on the contract and the cover he "wrote" it. Legally speaking, that's true. In practice the closest adherent to the Bojo method of authorship might be...Katie Price (she discussed the stories - someone else drafted them)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1037344/Katie-Price-reveals-I-dont-write-best-selling-novels.html

2 hours ago, time said:

Reminds me of Fulham FC's ill-fated appointment of Alan Dicks:

Alan Dicks

Mr Dicks was appointed Fulham manager for the 1990/91 season after originally being hired to assist manager Ray Lewington. It’s fair to say the season didn’t quite go to plan, finishing 21st in the Third Division and only staying up due to a league restructuring.

Although it may not have been a memorable season in terms of performances, it did give us one of the most memorable chants in Fulham’s history.

It was common place to hear the chant ‘DICKS OUT!’ toward the end of the campaign and that’s exactly what happened when the season ended, (Alan leaving the club, obviously).

O/T, but can never miss this opportunity

603042346_JulianDicks.jpg.95d401ccb9aceb8365a5ba2185feaea7.jpg

• Haha 1