Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

Is it just me or is Kyiv rapidly becoming the bolt hole of choice when the shit is really hitting the fan?

_125463478_8745b81c-0b4b-43da-96fc-92071

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Is it just me or is Kyiv rapidly becoming the bolt hole of choice when the shit is really hitting the fan?

For his own safety, he’s fleeing to, erm, a war. Not even Iannucci could write stuff like this.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TQR said:

For his own safety, he’s fleeing to, erm, a war. Not even Iannucci could write stuff like this.

Yeah, we've had this "beyond satire" debate hereabouts a while back. The only way you could really satirize the cabinet of no talents and the bumbling leadership of Big Dog is to set a sitcom around a Conservative MP who was in politics for all the right reasons and kept on believing in his mission regardless of the actions of those above him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, we've had this "beyond satire" debate hereabouts a while back. The only way you could really satirize the cabinet of no talents and the bumbling leadership of Big Dog is to set a sitcom around a Conservative MP who was in politics for all the right reasons and kept on believing in his mission regardless of the actions of those above him. 

I’d be less inclined in said sitcom (or irl) to carry on with the ‘Big Dog’ brand. Given his dubious escapes to Ukraine I think he should now be called ‘Chicken Kyiv’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 17/06/2022 at 17:02, maryportfuncity said:

Is Zelensky saying to Boris

'Yes I used to be a clown too but unlike you I left that behind when I got into politics'

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

He's caught pancreatic cancer off The Queen!

9B29023E-F7FF-4D54-9EDE-4715A880F983.gif.7e49495532e90e8cdd1e3bb924d3ed70.gif

Dominic Raab flapping admirably and trying to sould resolute in defence of two by-election spankings and the resignation of the party chairman. Bojo's current absence will be lengthy since he's got three foreign events in a row lined up. Though he's - apparently - being interviewed on BBC radio at 8-00am tomorrow.

Interesting times, or summat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-61789404?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=62b553f1a48d0547a34c0f0c%26Panic spreads through Conservatives in wake of defeat%262022-06-24T06%3A05%3A34.811Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:82c3bd87-8e9e-4d76-8784-4e6906f1c460&pinned_post_asset_id=62b553f1a48d0547a34c0f0c&pinned_post_type=share

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another day, another exposure of Bojo lies - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62047883

Chris Mason, new in the top BBC political job has a gift of a situation, his current opinion...

In his most stinging line of all Lord McDonald likened Downing Street statements to "telling the truth and crossing your fingers at the same time and hoping that people are not too forensic in their subsequent questioning".

Day by day this means ministers are being sent out with lines to take that disintegrate within hours of them being said out loud - not only humiliating for the ministers concerned but toxic for trust in the leadership of the party, and the country.

And bubbling away underneath, increasing exasperation, from the Cabinet down, within the Conservative Party, of the ongoing inability of No 10 to actually focus on the business of government, rather than constantly fire fighting crises about the prime minister's capacity to tell the truth.

Senior ministers who until very recently, the last 10 days, had assumed Boris Johnson would lead them into the next general election now aren't so sure.

And even those still supportive are worn down by what they see as the persistent own goals from Downing Street, which they regard as hard, even impossible to defend.

• Like 2

Javid and Sunak have just resigned.

PM’s tenure appears to be flatlining.

Of course what should happen here is that Johnson will fuck off.

What I’m expecting to see tomorrow is Health Secretary Gullis and Chancellor Dorries and a chorus of “he got the big calls right” from the usual pathetic acolytes.

• Haha 1

Cheers Sunak Iain’s crying now. Nice one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I'd bet on him calling an election. He'll take a some of them with him rather than resign

F94A993B-2C50-4AD8-8A2B-42601AA7F74E.gif.400980f54b68ebbf3a719c2e019c0577.gif

• Like 1

That Indian midget is a real piece of work. He still thinks he can get the top job.

Heseltine on BBC news via phone.Sounds well and unsurprisingly happy.

News just gets worse and worse for Boris Johnson:

Dominic Raab has announced he isn't resigning. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, TQR said:

F94A993B-2C50-4AD8-8A2B-42601AA7F74E.gif.400980f54b68ebbf3a719c2e019c0577.gif

Yes, an election is a great idea, who shall we vote for?

Sir Keith? Fucking useless.

Ed Davey? Ditto

Anybody else? Er, no.

So many fabulous Political leaders out there for us to choose from.

Is it any wonder why that massive Prick has managed to hold on to power for so long?

We are all fucked.

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes, an election is a great idea, who shall we vote for?

Sir Keith? Fucking useless.

Ed Davey? Ditto

Anybody else? Er, no.

So many fabulous Political leaders out there for us to choose from.

Is it any wonder why that massive Prick has managed to hold on to power for so long?

We are all fucked.

Fucking useless is still better than what we have now. Best get used to the idea.

• Like 1