Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

This deserves another outing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Toast said:

This deserves another outing.

Aye, relevant atm because Bojo faces a hearing on Wednesday into whether he misled parliament. He's already been refused permission for his lawyer to speak on his behalf so if it goes really badly he could be suspended for long enough that the rules regarding a constituency recall petition might apply. Basically, if enough people officially ask he'd be forced into a by-election, that'd be tasty too. 

• Like 3

So, as of this morning the Telegraph is discussing the "Bombshell Dossier" that'll clear Bojo's name whilst the Observer is discussing the same thing as a "Last-Ditch Bid to Discredit Probe into Partygate"

In other news, Rishi Sunak appears to have some deluded notion that setting targets and being judged on delivery is the way a PM should behave. 

Likely to be a lively week in Westminster, eh?

Questions have begun. Cunt's already flailing about.

Reminds me of this:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Questions have begun. Cunt's already flailing about.

Reminds me of this:

Aye, not that I'm watching it or owt - in other news Johnson and Truss were amongst a mere 29 rebels voting against Sunak's Northern Ireland deal meaning it went through with a majority of 486. He's 59 in June, out of the front bench, "flailing about" and still thinks he's the future. 

Another one who'll be buried in reality television offers anyday now, then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another one bending to Boris's needs not that long ago now pays the price - Richard Sharp's departure leaves the Beeb looking for a new chairman. The army of people who formerly supported and actively assisted Bojo, likely many doing so in the hope of favour and reward does have the look of a cast of Agatha Christie characters. Anyway, here's the rapidly updating BBC report of the end of their current chairman: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65338490

• Like 2

Opposite Midas strikes again. And yet some absolute balloons still worship the ground he walks on.

• Like 2

As the Bojo-Covid-Shitshow stages a brief reprise here are details of the man's current whereabouts "Where Capital, Innovation and Purpose Collide" (In Vegas) - he's #9 on the list of attractions, way above most of the acts but it may dmage his sense of celebrity that Mark Wahlberg is billed above him: 

https://scaleglobalsummit.com/speakers/

31 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

As the Bojo-Covid-Shitshow stages a brief reprise here are details of the man's current whereabouts "Where Capital, Innovation and Purpose Collide" (In Vegas) - he's #9 on the list of attractions, way above most of the acts but it may dmage his sense of celebrity that Mark Wahlberg is billed above him: 

https://scaleglobalsummit.com/speakers/

It's a human  zoo! Everyone from Hillary Clinton to 3/4 of the Black Eyed Peas.

2 hours ago, prussianblue said:

It's a human  zoo! Everyone from Hillary Clinton to 3/4 of the Black Eyed Peas.

Aye, and doubtless the top acts are being paid well - in the meantime the lawyers working with Bojo on his lockdown breaches are being funded by us! Dunno whether that reality is relevant to the fact that it's the lawyers who've dobbed him in the current shit by sharing details they found in his prime ministerial diary of the comings and goings at Number 10 and Chequers!

• Like 2

What a terrible group of people. Kind of makes you happy that Hillary lost the election.

31 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hoisted by his own petard it would seem because he didn't want to pay his own legal bill

A situation you might describe as a very Boris Johnson state of affairs.

So, it'll doubtless leave Bojo grumbling that so many others of more importance at the moment are making the headlines today but he's decided he's done with the government lawyers and he's also lacking enthusiasm for releasing the entirity of his WhatsApp action during Covid, oh aye, and all this is being communicated by "allies" which is useful to know because it suggests he has at least two friends left. Put me right if I'm misunderstanding here but...it's typical Bojo behaviour to get what he can funded by others whilst earning and trousering a tonnage of cash himself, so it didn't occur to him that government lawyers might rate the law (i.e. truth) over protecting a former PM with dwindling power, until they actually did so. The "decision" he's made, then, is half truculance and half desperate survival bid. He and the cabinet office are spot on that much of his WhatsApp content is irrelevant but nobody's disputing that. The issue is whether there's evidence of more of the same in terms of breaking the lockdown rules he was central to making in there so Baroness Hallett is right that this isn't a promising start and further witholding is likely criminal. 

Once we've grieved Tina, quit enjoying the Rolf memes and realised Cardiff is done rioting there's likely entertainment to be had, again, on this thread!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65698305

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentleman, our former Prime Minister:

(This is part of a thread of questions Johnson has been reportedly asked to answer for the public inquiry)

• Haha 1

The one bad thing about the inquiry is we are now getting daily shots of Johnson out on his run.

It's like a horror version of Baywatch.

And what exactly is he running off? He seems to have got fatter and heavier than ever. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The one bad thing about the inquiry is we are now getting daily shots of Johnson out on his run.

And what exactly is he running off? He seems to have got fatter and heavier than ever. 

It's obscured by how light and messy it is, but he's also getting balder.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2022 at 22:33, Toast said:

For your convenience and future reference, here is the Boris Backers List of Shame:

Bob Stewart

There were a few more whose names weren't disclosed as they have to remain publicly neutral due to their position eg Whips.

Bob Stewart reportedly charged with racially aggravated public order offences. Relates to this report from December: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/conservative-mp-bob-stewart-beckenham-political-career-b1048787.html

On 02/06/2023 at 12:14, YoungWillz said:

So, when he was fond of being snapped running whilst PM I think I pointed out you never saw a shot of him with both feet off the ground - even unathletic runners fly part of the time. I think I caught sight of him flying briefly when he was filmed last weekend but his gait for a runner is awful, hunched over and tipping all that weight slightly forward so a fair bit of energy goes into avoiding falling flat on his face. For someone who had access to the best PR people and the like I don't understand why nobody suggested he make some changes to what he clearly sees as part of the publicity he actually wants.

• Like 2

The only time I saw him off the ground was when he was stuck in the zip wire harness, reminding me of the Trump inflatable. Another lying t**t full of gas.

On 07/07/2022 at 10:22, YoungWillz said:

Oh and we've got those resignation honours to think about....

Dame Priti?

Lord Peter Bone?:lol:

Dame Priti confirmed. Along with Sir Jacob and Dame Andrea Jenkyns.

• Angry 1

Hoooo boy. Swinford has the news too.

Change the fucking locks and never let the honking pudding back in.

• Like 1

He will probably stand in Mid Bedfordshire by - election. 

• Like 1